Excellence Rivera Maya - ceremony location

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jaime2180

Jaime2180
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

Hi Everyone!
    I am getting married at ERC in May 2009 and my fiance and I are torn on what location to have the actual ceremony. We went to scout out locations last year and the wedding planner (Noemi at the time) informed us we could have the ceremony on the pier, beach or gazebo. We are between the beach and the pier. We are having about 25 guests and I want to make sure everyone will be comfortable. Does anyone have any opinions?

Thanks.
    Jaime

#2 Mystic

Mystic
    • 254 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:01 PM

We weren't able to do a site visit beforehand, but in the pictures of the pier it looks like guests would have to sit single file on each side of the aisle. Might be hard for everyone to see and hear, especially with the sound of the ocean? We are having ours on the beach, but definitely want pictures on the pier!

Do you have any pics from your trip of the resort that you might be willing to share with us? :)

#3 Jaime2180

Jaime2180
      • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

Thanks SMF47!

You had really good points. I didn't even think about about the wind/hearing issue. We are definitley going to do the beach ceremony. When we were at Excellence last year I was able to sneak a peak at a wedding on the pier, but there weren't too many quests.

Here are my webshots from last May, there are also a couple of shots from Secrets too, because I had a hard time deciding between the two.
        2008 Mexico pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Thanks again!

#4 Mystic

Mystic
        • 254 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

Thanks so much for the pictures, Jaime! I'm so excited to go in October for our wedding!

#5 cowman1999

cowman1999
          • 107 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

We're going to be married at ERC in June and we are doing the beach ceremony.

#6 00lindsey00

00lindsey00
            • 20 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

i just got married at excellence last week and we did a beach ceremony with 25 guests.

#7 endlesslove

endlesslove
              • 362 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

We're going to doing the beach ceremony as well. Probably around 25 people or so. On the pier, I would say you can fit 1-2 chairs on each side of the aisle, so if you're planning a small wedding it would be fine, otherwise it would be fairly uncomfortable for guests

#8 BirminghamBride2010

BirminghamBride2010
                • 85 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:41 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by 00lindsey00
                  i just got married at excellence last week and we did a beach ceremony with 25 guests.
                  Did you post your pics? I would love to see them
                  Jenn

#9 00lindsey00

00lindsey00
                  • 20 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:26 AM

here are my pictures!

03.13.09 Lindsey and Nicholas | Excellence Riviera | Photography by Vincent

#10 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
                    • 985 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:22 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by 00lindsey00
                      What a beautiful wedding! I love the photos of the two of you on the pier. Very nice. I did chuckle when I saw the one of the two of you with the soldiers on the beach :) Congratulations on your marriage!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users