Photo

Jillian Harris is the new Bachelorette!!

• Please log in to reply
375 replies to this topic

#11 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

Ha I think she is the first canadian bachelorette but there are a LOT of canadian actors you probably didn't realize were canadian. Just to list a few:

Eugene Levy
    Howie Mandel
    Jim Carrey
    John Candy
    Keanu Reeves
    Ryan Reynolds
    Kiefer Sutherland
    Mike Myers
    Matthew Perry
    Michael J Fox
    William Shatner
    Neve Campbell
    elisha cuthbert
    evangeline lilly
    Rachel Mcadams

and one of my new favs

Ellen page

Oh and Pamela Anderson

#12 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:16 PM

The contestants do get some paid appearances, but I dont think they get any $ for particiapting. One of my best friends was a contestant on the season with Brad Womak(Sp?).

She lives in LA now and gets lots of perks when she goes out, skippign lines and free bar tabs. It is nice when I visit.

#13 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,328 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:32 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jacilynda
        Ha I think she is the first canadian bachelorette but there are a LOT of canadian actors you probably didn't realize were canadian. Just to list a few:
        ya you're right there are a ton of actors that i forget are canadian. but i think most of the time their accents aren't "used" in movies, etc. obviously jillian isn't an actor so she speaks just like she normally would, but i guess i'm just not used to it because it's so rare that i actually hear it. but i like how she sounds much more polished than a lot of people.

#14 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:01 PM

do you watch deal or no deal? howie uses his accent. i can really only tell someone is canadian if they are from quebec or a french canadian... not sure what you girlies are really called!

It could be because i live so close to the alberta border that i don't notice. And i used to live in vancouver 3 days out of the week. although there are a few canadians you can tell right off the bat when they say "about"

#15 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:10 PM

Well...I'm a born & raised Canadian & I think she has an accent & sounds different than I do. It all depends on where you are from. I'm a Newfoundlander (affectionately known as Newfie!) and there is a HUGE difference between our accents & the rest of Canada. But then when you look at Newfoundland, the east coast has a different accent than west coast. And smaller communities have different accents than the cities. It is all a matter of perspective. I'm sure the same goes for the US. Texas is different than New York, California is different than Massachusetts.
            I guess my point is yes, she has an accent! And it's probably not the fact that she was Canadian that you couldn't follow her, but that she has a different way a speaking (regardless of where she is from).

#16 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

I'm so excited. Jillian was my favorite on the Bachelore!

#17 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
              • 2,754 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

I'm excited. I think Jillian was the obvious choice for the next Bachelorette!

#18 laybar

laybar
                • 249 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:36 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tlseege
                  I really like her, however I really wish they would have chosen someone completely new and end this string of bachelor/bachelorettes. I'm sick of hearing "I know what you went through, I was right there once."
                  Actually, I agree.. they really do need to stop with that.. maybe the next bachelor!

#19 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                  • 2,777 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:32 AM

I'm not really sure what to think about this new season..... Jillian is a nice girl, but I do not want to hear her referring to each guy by what hot dog they are. Plus throughout this season I always felt like she was kinda boring. I hope the new season isn't boring.... we all watch it for the drama and she isn't drama

#20 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                    • 2,777 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:43 AM

I'm not really sure what to think about this new season..... Jillian is a nice girl, but I do not want to hear her referring to each guy by what hot dog they are. Plus throughout this season I always felt like she was kinda boring. I hope the new season isn't boring.... we all watch it for the drama and she isn't drama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users