Photo

Newbie - destination wedding question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mharryono

mharryono
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:49 AM

hi all, my name is monica and we're getting married in may in oahu. we're super excited and can't believe the wedding is only 3 months away now!

for those of you who is planning or who has planned a destination wedding, did you host any activities for your guests pre or post the wedding? we'll have families and friends coming from places as far as europe, the middle east and south east asia so we really want to make this event special for everyone. we want to be able to thank our guests and make sure everyone has a good time and has the opportunity to meet and mingle before the wedding.

we really want to be able to host something but this wedding is really going beyond what we'd expected to spend initially so we're in a budget crunch. any suggestions for fun activities that we can do without breaking the bank? also, if anyone has a recommendation for hula dancer and fire dance that is reasonable price, i'm all ears! :-)

any thoughts/feedback/comments would be hugely appreciated!!

#2 Jenamie

Jenamie
    • 392 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:56 AM

Having some things planed could be good, but maybe just give them a list of things they can do. That way you can still do your wedding stuff and they can enjoy a vacation with a wedding :)

#3 *Casey*

*Casey*
      • 5,209 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

I think that's a great idea for your guests. I know a lot of girls on here plan welcome dinner or cocktails parties for the first night when everyone gets there. Or maybe even a brunch the last day before everyone leaves. It'll be wonderful whatever you decide. to the forum and CONGRATS!!!

#4 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
        • 5,705 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:03 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#5 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
          • 2,424 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!!

#6 Kathie

Kathie
            • 2,654 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:30 PM

Hi Monica. Welcome to the forum!

#7 Sascha Gluck Photography

Sascha Gluck Photography

Insiders

• Insiders
              • 1,538 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:37 PM

Hi, welcome to the Forum and good luck with everything...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users