Photo

Parents' gifts suggestions

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
  • 445 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

I know this might be a stupid question but who all receives gifts or who should we get gifts for? I'm thinking both sets of parents and grandparents? Also my dad remarried eight years ago... do I get my step mom a gift?
    Cristi & Jamie
    http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#32 hat0112

hat0112
    • 1,219 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:48 AM

Well we only have to worry about my parents and his mom. I think it depends on how close you are to the person, but I think you get a gift when the person contributed to the wedding.

An album would be a good idea but I would have to ask for the pictures from my mom and my FI’s mom and since I don’t want them to know I can’t do that.
      Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#33 MDLady

MDLady
      • 433 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by khanahan
        I read this somewhere else and thought it was a fantastic idea -- buy a long picture frame that has 4 slots for 4 different pictures. Place your paternal grandparents wedding photo in the first slot, your maternal grandparents wedding photo in the 2nd slot, your parents wedding photo in the 3rd slot and then a place holder that states that your wedding picture will go in the 4th slot. This is sentimental and multi-generational. You could probably purchase a larger frame if your parents/grandparents were divorced.
        That is an absolutely beautiful idea!!! I will suggest it for my FI's parents. I would do it myself but my Dad's parents passed a long time before I was born so I don't think it will work for my end. But for his, it will be perfect!!!

#34 MDLady

MDLady
        • 433 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:26 PM

I am thinking pretty necklaces for my MOH and bridesmaids. And personalized jewelry boxes for our nieces (flower girls). No idea what my FI is thinking for his BM and GM. I also don't know what to get for my parents..... Perhaps some really nice china or wine glasses since they don't have anything fancy like that.

#35 msglave

msglave
          • 933 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:22 AM

Good thread. Thanks for the suggestions ladies!
            The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
            Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
            www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#36 elisha0607

elisha0607
            • 56 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

We are making photo albums from snapfish.com after our wedding and AHR. But felt like we wanted to present something to them while in Mexico, we are getting each set of parents a private dinner on the beach at the resort. Its soemthing they wouldnt pay for on their own and they will never forget. we are scheduling it for teh last night of each of their stay. Its pricey but, well worth it-- esp if you are considering a spa treatment, comes out to the same.

#37 MRhoades0219

MRhoades0219
              • 60 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

We are going to wait till after we return to give our parents gifts. We are going to make them albums with our wedding pictures.

My best friend is a wedding photographer so she is going to do ours...but you could do one on Snapfish.com and still look really nice.

#38 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
                • 372 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

Looove the picture frame idea! And my FI thinks its awsome. He has both of his grandparents left so he could easily get the pictures. My mothers passed when she was young...so I'd have to do some research on that...one weekend that they are away I'd have to go over and really dig through pictures! But that makes it even more of a surprise and I dont they would love that!

I was thinking of doing 5 slots, and putting a picture of my brother and his wifes wedding picture. My FI sister is getting married in July so we'd be able to put them in too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users