Sign in to follow this  
reevesbride

Parents' gifts suggestions

really great ideas, i too am struggling. very different personalities. I thought about a certificate for a dinner at one of their favortite resurants. Hope that helps

this is a great thread we are looking the same, I think really nice watches for the dad's not sure for the moms my mom and his mom are like night and day but want to get them the same thing

I love scrapbooking and gave my parents a scrapbook for christmas that was childhood pics leading up to today. Similar to everyones idea's of photobooks but this one is scrapped.

Some resorts are really accomodating so you can also probably ask for special treatment in your parents room when they arrive or on a specific night. Maybe arrange for dinner on the beach or pay for breakfast in bed?

Were thinking of framing one of our engagement photos (if we ever get our session booked) and maybe an engraved Tiffany's necklace for each of our moms. I think keeping it equal is the way for us to go, because it symbolizes the joining of two families.

Hmm I hadn't even thought about getting our parents gifts. Is this something most brides do or does it depend on what the parents are contributing? Great ideas on here though. Now you've got me thinking...

We got our moms a beach bag with their name on it. We got our dads panama hats for the wedding. Also, I plan on framing our wedding picture. My brother and SIL did this and my parents LOVED it. Everyone is contributing evenly for the wedding so this is just a little extra saying thanks for the support! I actually gave my mom and dad their gifts as our engagement party but we'll give FI's parents theirs via mail since we hardly ever see them.

I need to bump this!!!

I have no idea what I am getting our parents for gifts. I have some time to figure it out, but I would like to at least know what I want to do. I was thinking of doing a picture frame with a wedding photo in it for both parents, but I wanted to do something else before the wedding.

Does anyone have any other gift ideas?

I'm trying to figure this out two. My parents will be celebrating 35yrs about three weeks before our wedding. So maybe if we can find something for them to do in JA. I will have to ask FI since he's from there where they can go as an anniversay present maybe.

I'm doing a hard cover photo book of all of our best family photos. Throughout the book, I included quotes about family and parents. I hope they will love it! I'm just finishing it and will be ordering it this coming week!