• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#41 nickicolb123

nickicolb123
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbride
    I'm actually feeling ok, I've had a couple of anxious moments but I just try to hit the gym or go for a run when they strike (I'm a grad student so I'm lucky to have the freedom to do that). I'm glad that you're doing ok and that I'm not alone about my FH. I keep telling him that it will get better (and I'm trying to tell myself the same, lol).
    I just keep telling my FH to think about how we don't want to be old and unhealthy. I also keep reminding him about all the money we are gonna be saving after cigarrettes go up to $6 a pack next month

#42 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
    • 226 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

I quit smoking about a year ago. It was my "big change" I made to show commitment to my FI. I have to admit though, after a few drinks I'm STILL craving cigarettes and will sometimes sneak one. (shhh that's our little secret!)
      Danielle & John
      Aventura Spa Palace
      October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#43 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
      • 226 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

Just a side note - the hardest time of the day for me when I was quitting was the morning. I used to sit out on my front porch with my coffee and cigarette every morning. It was SO hard to break that habit. On nice mornings I sit out there with my coffee and still miss that cigarette. (but not enough to go back!!)
        Danielle & John
        Aventura Spa Palace
        October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#44 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,513 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

It's funny how the routine things you do usually involve a cigarette! I haven't drank any wine since I quit smoking b/c I am so scared I will cave in!! And the main thing is I gave up cigs for Lent so I really really don't want to smoke during lent. And I figure by the time it's over I will have broke the habit hopefully.

#45 *Casey*

*Casey*
          • 5,209 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

Keep it up girls! Yall are doing great!

#46 nickicolb123

nickicolb123
            • 137 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

My routine was to smoke in the morning with coffee, after eating or cleaning up, while talking on the phone etc. etc. etc. I am having a really rough time not smoking! I was dreaming about smoking all night long!!!!

#47 fieldofflowers

fieldofflowers
              • 23 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

I quit smoking over a year ago but I've gotten into the habit of having social smokes. Two of my best girlfriends still smoke and I just feel like I'm missing out, which is silly. I really need to get back on track cause it'll be easy to slip back into smoking all the time.

#48 DRB

DRB
                • 647 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:57 PM

Ok ladies, so I'm the one that started this whole thread and I completely suck! I fell off the wagon hard core this weekend

I don't even know what made me give in, I had lasted over 9 days without a single puff. I think it may be that FH relapsed and it just made it easier if I wanted a smoke. Having a smoke was a completely conscious decision on my part....so stupid of me!!!! Why did I sabotage myself like that?

Anyways, I'm now starting over again.....

#49 nickicolb123

nickicolb123
                  • 137 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by newbride
                    Ok ladies, so I'm the one that started this whole thread and I completely suck! I fell off the wagon hard core this weekend

I don't even know what made me give in, I had lasted over 9 days without a single puff. I think it may be that FH relapsed and it just made it easier if I wanted a smoke. Having a smoke was a completely conscious decision on my part....so stupid of me!!!! Why did I sabotage myself like that?

Anyways, I'm now starting over again.....
                    If it makes you feel any better.... I'll admit that i fell off the wagon this weekend as well. It is so hard!!! Don't think that you sabotaged yourself b/c that will make you believe that you have failed, and a slip up is not a failure if you are motivated to continue trying. It is hard to break a habit that dominates your life and schedule for years. The important thing to keep in mind is that you are trying to quit and are not perfect.

#50 nickicolb123

nickicolb123
                    • 137 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

oh and by the way today is my second day starting again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users