• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 DRB

DRB
  • 647 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:29 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nickicolb123
    ughhh I hate my life right now! I've probably chewed 15 pieces of nicorette today
    Yeah, I don't know how much nicorette does or maybe I just didn't notice when I was using it. It will get easier!!!!

#32 sarafish81

sarafish81
    • 353 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

So proud of all you girls! I'm cheering you on!!

#33 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,513 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:05 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Cattie
        May 31 it will be 2 years since I quit. I used the Chantix. The only side effect was very vivid dreams. If I was to do it all over again, I'd still use Chantix. I have zero will power and it helped tons.

Basically you have to change your habits. I would smoke at certain times. I'd wake up put coffee on and go outside for a smoke. I started checking my email before I put my coffee on. At certain parts of my drive to work, I'd light up. I changed my route to work.

It really helps to change the habits. Yes the weight gain sucks, but I haven't been as sick, and I don't have that nasty cough in the morning.
        I totally agree w/ the changing your habits! I have replaced the time I used to go out and have a smoke and started doing other things - like cleaning (which I hate LOL)

One thing I promise is that it does get easier!!! Almost 2 weeks now!! Keep going girls!

#34 susanv66

susanv66
        • 165 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:29 PM

Good Luck to everyone!!

I quit a year and half ago by going to a hypnotist. I actually didn't think it would work, but when I left the session, I didn't want one. Then, the next day, I picked up my FI's cigarettes to smoke one, but thought "Hey, I've gone this long without one. Let's see what happens." I got drunk that night too, and didn't even want one!! Then, I just took each day one at a time, and I am proud to say that I am a non-smoker today!

I know all of you who want to quit can do it. It's probably one of the hardest things you will ever do, but once you get through it, you will be so glad you did.

#35 DRB

DRB
          • 647 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:06 AM

I just had to share this: I have officially been smoke-free for a week!!!!!

Before I never thought that I could do it but I have to say, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I feel like a normal person again (I was a space cadet last week!!!) and according to FH I haven't been bitchy or testy at all! Now, he on the other hand quit Saturday and is suffering hard-core! He's been soooo grumpy (he normally isn't at all) and he can't sleep....hopefully he feels better soon!

#36 nickicolb123

nickicolb123
            • 137 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:11 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by newbride
              I just had to share this: I have officially been smoke-free for a week!!!!!

Before I never thought that I could do it but I have to say, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I feel like a normal person again (I was a space cadet last week!!!) and according to FH I haven't been bitchy or testy at all! Now, he on the other hand quit Saturday and is suffering hard-core! He's been soooo grumpy (he normally isn't at all) and he can't sleep....hopefully he feels better soon!
              yay! that is awesome. How are you feeling? I'm doing ok but like you my FH is having a really hard time with it. I've just been calling him throughout the day checking up on him. Congratulations!!!!

#37 nickicolb123

nickicolb123
              • 137 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:13 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Betsy
                I totally agree w/ the changing your habits! I have replaced the time I used to go out and have a smoke and started doing other things - like cleaning (which I hate LOL)

One thing I promise is that it does get easier!!! Almost 2 weeks now!! Keep going girls!
                Good job! I am so happy for you!!!!

#38 sarafish81

sarafish81
                • 353 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

I found this article this morning:

CTV Calgary- Smoking-cessation drug under scrutiny - CTV News, Shows and Sports -- Canadian Television

#39 DRB

DRB
                  • 647 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:30 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nickicolb123
                    yay! that is awesome. How are you feeling? I'm doing ok but like you my FH is having a really hard time with it. I've just been calling him throughout the day checking up on him. Congratulations!!!!
                    I'm actually feeling ok, I've had a couple of anxious moments but I just try to hit the gym or go for a run when they strike (I'm a grad student so I'm lucky to have the freedom to do that). I'm glad that you're doing ok and that I'm not alone about my FH. I keep telling him that it will get better (and I'm trying to tell myself the same, lol).

#40 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,513 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

Congrats on your 1 week newbride!! I was very grumpy at first but it actually went away! I hope your FI starts to feel a little more normal, that is awesome that you are doing it together...what a great support system!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users