Sign in to follow this  
Dayla911

Boy Dogs going pee????

Ok. So this might be a weird topic but......when do male dogs start peeing with their leg up? My dog is approx. 2 1/2 years old and still pees like a female dog. Just seeing if anyone has any thoughts? Thanks!

All my male dogs started between 6 months and a year. My Mom's male didn't start hiking his leg until he came to my house and saw my dogs doing it. Now he always does it.

My dog randomly did it at the dog park around 2 years. I think he either saw another dog do it or the reactions to all the scent got his instincts going to do it.

But he will still squat when he has to go really bad.

Click the image to open in full size.

one of my boys lifts his leg EVERY time he goes....the other who is now 4 squats about 98% of the time and occasionaly lifts....I guess they do whatever feels right to them? I never really thought about why my one doesn't lift his leg! maybe it is because he is my wussy boy?! awwww, that was mean...I do love my mutts

sorry the pic is so small...its the only one I have on my computer at work of my boys

We have a weinie dog who just turned 3 years old and he has always squatted, tho I think it has more to do with the fact that he's so close to the ground. When we had our male Westie, he seemed to pick up the squatting from our other dog. My Grandparents now have the male Westie - he's about 1 year old and still squatting. None of us are complaining though because neither of them mark!!! :)

Oh yeah, here's our little guy wink.gif :

p.s. Erika your dog is soooo cute!

My boy is a Lab and he has always squatted.

I think he just never had anyone teach him. He learned from IL's dog who is a girl. My mom had a collie and she had to get down on all fours and demonstrate! LOL.

Harley will occasionally life his leg but usually if he is trying to mark something he can't squat on.

great stories! thanks for the input. He is a jack russell that is close to the ground, maybe that has something to do with it. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinB
My mom had a collie and she had to get down on all fours and demonstrate! LOL.
LOL that's a great visual. Martin used to threaten to show the dogs how to do their business. rofl.gif