Photo

Boy Dogs going pee????

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Dayla911

Dayla911
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:57 PM

Ok. So this might be a weird topic but......when do male dogs start peeing with their leg up? My dog is approx. 2 1/2 years old and still pees like a female dog. Just seeing if anyone has any thoughts? Thanks!

#2 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

All my male dogs started between 6 months and a year. My Mom's male didn't start hiking his leg until he came to my house and saw my dogs doing it. Now he always does it.

#3 Dayla911

Dayla911
      • 133 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

thanks kat! he might just be like that forever! lol. It doesn't matter to me, just thought it was kinda odd ;-)

#4 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

My dog randomly did it at the dog park around 2 years. I think he either saw another dog do it or the reactions to all the scent got his instincts going to do it.

But he will still squat when he has to go really bad.

Click the image to open in full size.

#5 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,490 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

one of my boys lifts his leg EVERY time he goes....the other who is now 4 squats about 98% of the time and occasionaly lifts....I guess they do whatever feels right to them? I never really thought about why my one doesn't lift his leg! maybe it is because he is my wussy boy?! awwww, that was mean...I do love my mutts

sorry the pic is so small...its the only one I have on my computer at work of my boys

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

We have a weinie dog who just turned 3 years old and he has always squatted, tho I think it has more to do with the fact that he's so close to the ground. When we had our male Westie, he seemed to pick up the squatting from our other dog. My Grandparents now have the male Westie - he's about 1 year old and still squatting. None of us are complaining though because neither of them mark!!! :)

Oh yeah, here's our little guy :

p.s. Erika your dog is soooo cute!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

Mine started lifting his leg at about 4 months but unfortunately he lifted his leg on pretty much everything until he was fixed.
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#8 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

My boy is a Lab and he has always squatted.

I think he just never had anyone teach him. He learned from IL's dog who is a girl. My mom had a collie and she had to get down on all fours and demonstrate! LOL.

Harley will occasionally life his leg but usually if he is trying to mark something he can't squat on.

#9 Dayla911

Dayla911
                  • 133 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

great stories! thanks for the input. He is a jack russell that is close to the ground, maybe that has something to do with it. ;-)

#10 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ErinB
                      My mom had a collie and she had to get down on all fours and demonstrate! LOL.
                      LOL that's a great visual. Martin used to threaten to show the dogs how to do their business.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users