• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki07 View Post
Here's the one I saw
Jon & Kate on the Road to Splitsville for Two Years? - Yahoo! News

If she's claiming the 2 years as separated for the money that's brutal! It's hard to say though, the media and editing can make anything appear the way THEY want it to, so who the hell knows what was really going on behind the scenes, KWIM?
I wonder if it's a power play. If she does it that way, Jon gets his divorce quicker, but Kate gets the money made from her book (which Jon admits was all her anyway). But, if he wants a cut of the money, then he's probably going to have to spend more time locked in the marriage which might give him time to get over his "I'm 32" crisis.

I find it funny that even though he wants the divorce, he's too lazy to file for it himself. He just adds it to Kate's to do list! She might also be trying to hide the money from Jon, so it doesn't get spent frivolously and can be saved for college.

Generally, I stay away from all things about this show in terms of public discussion. lol I learned my lesson early on (people can be really rude and insensitive in ways you cannot even imagine) and to be honest, I wasn't all that keen on watching it after the first few times. It alternately gave me a few new ideas on our own situation, irritated me, and made me thankful that I "only" have 4:)

BUT, it's funny....the judgements when people have a life on "reality" t.v. I have absolutely NO doubt that while a LOT of public perception is dead on about these two and their lives, just as much of it is production spin, misinterpretation and just plain a lack of knowledge about walking in someone else's shoes. I DO think they had big time problems long before the kids, or the show came along- many couples have problems even before marriage. They don't go away with time and life stressors; they multiply.

But having said that, I definitely think for OUR situation, having your life open to public scrutiny would add an UNIMAGINABLE amount of stress to our lives. Seriously. As a parent, you're already on duty 24/7. To then subject yourself to a situation where even private time..a few moments here or there, constant worry about how whatever you say or how you respond to something is going to be interpretated by every stranger you meet on the street, a WEAK moment when you lash out at someone in frustration ..to have all of that going into the pot? For sh*t's sake, I cannot IMAGINE. For real.

So yea..I think the show was a bad thing to continue at some point. I ABSOLUTELY agree that being broke would have added a whole different dimension to their stress level and contracts being what they are, I can't honestly say that they could have agreed to 1 yr or 2, then squirreled money away so they could afford to quit. BUT, I think some other options would have been helpful and the opportunities that celebrity afford you can be taken advantage of if you're resourceful and smart about it. At some point, the benefit of continued cash flow via the show had to outweigh the continued STRESS on the marriage. It could not have helped. COULDN'T have.

I've watched the show and thought of all the ways this chick is a bitch in my eyes, but you know what? She has a personality type that can come off that way, but is ABSOLUTELY beneficial when it comes to keeping ones sanity in a situation like hers. The stress that she is under is unlike any one of us will ever know and how she deals with it is to be regimented and controlling. Does NOT make it right, but I'm not in her shoes and heck no..I don't like the way she comes off. But I'll grant her that she may have damn good reason for being the way she is at times. I can't look at either of them and lay blame, I seriously can't.

I'm really over seeing headlines on them every day. One says oh its Jon, he pushed for divorce, when yesterday it said Kate wanted divorce.

I personally just don't think this relationship would have lasted w/ or w/out kids, period! their personalities work together for only so long until one breaks. I don't think they could reconcile. Jon has finally had enough but wouldn't be able to say his side and make Kate understand EVER thats just her personality.

I feel really bad for the kids, but honestly think they have made a good arrangement for them.

For sure, this show had to add alot of stress! And of course the show is going to show what they want regardless if its really in or out of context so no one really knows what happened every time. I have a 1 yr old and watch my 8 month old nephew during the day, and thats only 2 kids. I have a personality similar to Kate and some days its everything to keep myself sane, and I'll definitely let out the bitch, god forbid i ever be taped and shown to the whole world. How can you really ever let it out if everything is being taped! And you know thats the shit that sells of course they'll show those times!

I really hope Jon makes a HUGE effort to spend as much time as possible w/ his kids, and doesn't just go out on the town like he's 20 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillysBride View Post
LOL..girrrrrrrrl, ahh....HELLZ nah.
Savannah- It's probably a good thing. I'm already in love with your quads from looking at your siggy pic! If they were on TV you'd probably have insane amounts of paparazzi following those adorable 4 faces!!! But no doubt you'd be great to watch - judging by the awesome advice you always give!!!