Legal documents??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tangles66

• 26 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

OK so I just talked to a gal who got married in Mexico and she said in order for her wedding to be legal she would have had to have blood test and pay a $500.00 fee so they made it legal in the states first. I said well I was going to Jamaica. She said it took her friend a year and a half to get her legal documents from Jamaica. Do I need to be worried about this??

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:06 PM

This was not the case at ROR. It only took 2 to 3 months for me to get my official marriage certificate from them.
      Also some resorts let you leave with a temporary marriage certificate.

I think you should definitely check with the resort that you are planning to have your ceremony at but I have not heard of that long time frame from any recent BDW Jamaica bride.

#3 2bebridejamaica

• 1,206 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

I was married at Beaches in November... and I just got my official license in the mail this past Thursday. I called because it had taken a while ... but Nov was super busy with weddings and they were a bit behind all around... but all in all I now have my real lic. We also did get a copy of our lic right after everyone finished signing it so I wasn't too worried about timing on when the "real" one came. I was able to use our temp one to change everything at soc security and so on. Hope this helps!

#4 tangles66

• 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:53 AM

Thanks for the replies. I wonder if getting married at a resort is better with all this legal stuff then getting married off the resort on a private beach??

#5 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,513 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:54 PM

I don't know if this will help you but I was married in Mexico and had my MC by the time we left the resort. It was in Spanish so I had it translated at the resort also.......didn't realize it could take that long!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users