Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:30 PM
So I decided to do a destination wedding thinking it would solve family dynamic problems and be cheaper, but now that I am in love with the idea that is not the case
1. I thought I would have 25 people there, then I thought 50 because people were so excited and now that i need people to put down a deposit I am desperately hoping I'll get 10. I need to have 10 people put a deposite down by Thursday or we won't get a group deal
2. This may be because my twin brother got engaged a month after me and is marrying in our home town in August (I am marrying in St Maarten in December) so all our relatives are going to that instead. Though I expect it has to do with the F***ing Economy crashing. I said he could get engaged, and it does not really bother me, but still...
3. My mother is over obsessing over everything, and making me nervous about everything from weather interrupting airfare to my dress falling apart to being ripped off by every vendor. It's at the point where I shudder every time I see her name on the call display. Thankfully I have given her the contact info of my wonderful travel agent who I now pity greatly (we did warn her). I hope everything goes well or I will never hear the end of it
4. My dear father whom I love dearly is being terribly inconvenienced by our departure date, he is a university instructor, a date I picked because I thought it worked for him because it would. I hate to do this to him, thankfully I'm his only daughter and he has racked up lots of karma with the university. He is also worrying I won't get the wedding I want, which is all he cares about. I hate to see him worry
5. My brother's local wedding now looks like it will cost less then mine (despite the fact they are going full on traditional) because he has so much luck he must have a horse shoe up his *ss. This vetoes my argument that a destination wedding is cheaper.
To anyone who read this, my apologies for wasting your time since this reallt had no point but for me to vent
Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:05 AM
Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:11 AM
Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:38 PM
I've had all the crap of FI's family and my own and I've dealt with it by saying ah well shame you won't be there lol
It might not be slightly cheaper but at least you won't have to put up will all the family crap about who is and isn't invited lol Cause you can bet your ass your brother will lmao
Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:44 PM
I got the quotes from a wedding planner the hotel deals with and it is not pretty, or rather it is pretty... pretty expensive. I am not spending $4,000 if only 12 people are going to show up, the coordinator's fee alone is almost $1,500
How possible is it to organize everything myself, I have event planning experience and my Fiance knows people who live on St Maarten
Oh, The Fiance and I are going to have our engagement party a few days before my brother's wedding. Muahaha, that will be our revenge.
Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:54 PM
We changed our wedding date to accomadate those that are coming, some with tickets paid for still don't have their passports and the actually expense keeps growing. But, if you did chose to have a wedding at home I guarantee you would still have problems, maybe not the same problems but still issues from people. What is keeping me going is knowing that my FH and I are actually doing what we want to do and how we want to do it. Some how it will all work out in the end, there will be troubles along the way but in the end you will still be getting married and enjoying you day where and how you want to
Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:31 PM
Not too long ago I was ready to forfeit my deposit and just elope. I've now decided that I'm not letting anyone get to me, and I don't care if its just me & FI there, because really that's all that matters... well to me anyways.
Yes, DW can add up pretty quickly, but you can control some of those costs depending on what are "MUST HAVES" for you. I am keeping it completely simple and only splurging on the photography, and my wedding will be way cheaper than having one at home.
Hang in there!!!!! We feel your pain!!!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users