Photo

Invitation Meltdown....I think I'm going to cry....

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ~St.T Bride~

~St.T Bride~
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

I'm looking for your help fellow brides. I'm sure someone has run across this problem before so I"m reaching out to you guys for a solution.

So, after many painstaking hours I've created a masterpiece of a boarding pass invitation. I ordered the PERFECT paper from cutcardstock.com (which wasn't that cheap) and planned all along to have them professionally printed.

The problem lies in the fact that I used a MAC laptop to create them, and used a couple MAC fonts as well as some free fonts from dafont.com. So now, when I send the saved files to other computers to test print they don't recognize the fonts and it doesn't print right.

I planned on using staples and they said they won't be able to print them because I've used MAC fonts and other fonts.

I did save them as PDF's, but it kinds shrinks them and the proportions don't work out the same.

I'm so upset because I spent hours on them and love them EXACTLY how they are. It's throwing salt in my wounds since I had my STD's printed with my weddingannouncer website before it crashed and didn't have the technical issues resolved having to put stickers with a new site over top.

I feel like I'm going to lose it, but don't want to have wasted my valuable time and money that I've spent to find the perfect paper!

H
    E
    L
    P
    !

#2 Mel&B

Mel&B
    • 613 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:51 PM

I really wish I could help you, but I don't have a mac. Good Luck! I'm sure someone will come through with something. :)

#3 big3n09

big3n09
      • 616 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:55 PM

Hopefully someone will be able to help you form tis site but you may have to call those computer geek guys to see if they have a suggestion.
        4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#4 AsianBride2B

AsianBride2B
        • 40 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

I don't own a Mac OS either - however, i use to work for Xerox and have learned that there are some print shops (other than Staples) that may have MAC systems and can print on a high quality colour printer - I know Xerox epcifically made a printer to be Mac compatable and it is AMAZING! This was targetted for high end graphic designers etc... You may have to call around - but i know there are a few small shops around Missisauga area... you can also try Kinko's.

Not sure if this helps... good luck!

Ev

#5 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
          • 687 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

First thing I can think of is to print from a PDF, which you have already said doesn't quite work. Maybe there is somewhere you can print directly from your computer (if it is a laptop) or invest in a good printer and print from home.
            Good luck!
            Photography by Tamm's Photos
            http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#6 Mystic

Mystic
            • 254 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

Is there a different Staples store you could possibly try? I made my STDs with Keynote on my Mac, saved it to a PDF, emailed the file to a Staples print and copy store and they came out fine. Just a thought. I'm sorry this is happening to you

#7 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
              • 347 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

I hope it works out for you. I'm a computer dummy, no help here......

#8 seaprincess

seaprincess
                • 753 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:41 PM

Something very similar happened to me! I purchased my own stock, which I love and it had a letter pressed border that I wanted to match to the graphi on my design. So I gave a sample to my graphic designer who came up with the perfect design and I had planned to get it professionally printed. Problem was I tried a few different places and either they couldn't get the colour right, they couldnt get the font to read on their program or they wanted to charge a stupid amount to print it. Finally I got frustrated and decided I would attempt a sample off my HP printer at home - and amazingly, the colour was perfect and my invitations looked perfect!

If you have a printer, try printing them yourself and see - worst thing is you waste a piece of card stock (just use a cheap piece of cardstock before using the good stuff to print). Then you can bring it it to get it cut professionally if you want. Good luck !!
                  Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#9 milejilo

milejilo
                  • 313 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:04 PM

what program did you use to design it? if you used illustrator you can convert the fonts into outlines and this way you can print from any printer with no problems what so ever.

#10 jennik13

jennik13
                    • 118 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

either supply the fonts to the printer and ask them to install the fonts on their Mac. If they are using a PC, buy the PC version of the font and supply that. Dafont.com fonts work on both a mac and a PC so you should be cool there.

or to avoid all of that, convert the fonts to outlines in adobe illustrator. don't have a melt down. it's not a huge deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users