CD Favors....songs?!

We have decided to put a CD in all the OOT bags and I'm trying to decide what songs to use. I want them to be songs either to remember the wedding or to remember Mexico. Either way, I want them to think of us when they hear the CD. Here's some songs I thought about using.....please let me know if you have any you're using or any I may have left out!

Thanks!!!

Island in the sun-Weezer

Beautiful Day-U2

I'm Yours-Jason Mraz

Beer in Mexico-Kenny Chesney

Somewhere Over the Rainbow-Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole

Better Together-Jack Johnson

Love Song-311

Me and You-Kenny Chesney (1st dance)

When You Say Nothing at All-Allison Krauss (bridal entrance-processional)

Stays in Mexico-Toby Keith

I was thinking of including a CD too. I thought it was something inexpensive and something my guests would use. I'll let you know if I think to add any other songs, but I like your list so far! My dad is actually a DJ where we live, so I'm going to consult with him!

I did CD favors of our favorite love songs. I tried to choose songs that all of our guests could enjoy.

There is a thread called "must have songs" I think. You should find lots of inspiration there.

Try searching for Spanish music or browsing the music sub forum.

Try these...

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t7159

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t985

Someone a long time ago did OOT bag CDs with a song that was important to each 'couple' guests. So she had her parent's wedding song, Aunt's wedding song, the favorite song she and her sister would sing when they were little, that type of thing. It was a cute idea.

One of the other girls also sent out a CD with beachy/latin music in her pre-travel pack.

Good luck with your search!

This is an awesome idea. Have you heard the Somewhere over the Rainbow/It's a wonderful world remix by IZ? I love it and I think it would go good w/ your other songs.

Here it is on Youtube...YouTube - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole ~ Somewhere over the Rainbow HQ

Sorry that's just the Somewhere over the Rainbow, here is the medley....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmaQQvmyzVM

We gave out CD favors a few weeks before our wedding (which is a week from today!). We figured it would help to get everyone in the mood for Jamaica. It was just a CD full of Reggae tunes that we put into a slimline case and then made some quick cover art for them.

Here's a copy of the cover art and track list. We just printed it on some leftover cardstock from our invites and then cut/folded/inserted into the slimline cases.

Jamaica CD Cover.doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2K View Post
We gave out CD favors a few weeks before our wedding (which is a week from today!). We figured it would help to get everyone in the mood for Jamaica. It was just a CD full of Reggae tunes that we put into a slimline case and then made some quick cover art for them.

Here's a copy of the cover art and track list. We just printed it on some leftover cardstock from our invites and then cut/folded/inserted into the slimline cases.
This is perfect! Thanks for sharing!!

We have decided at the last minute to alternate favors at the dinner table. One half of the couple with get the crystal heart wine stopper and the other half will get a cd of spanish romantic songs. I wanted the favors to be different so that each half of the couple gets something to take home and use at home and not have duplicates. This way, they can go home, open a bottle of wine and listen to latin romance and remember our wedding and their holiday. I am currently working on designing the labels and doing the music list.