Jump to content

Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!


  • Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#891 Lasallebabe

Lasallebabe
  • Site Supporter
  • 154 posts

    Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

    Thought I would fill in my fellow Cdn brides with some info.

     

    1) Last night at Costco I purchased a product called: Health Balance: Diarrhea Relief. I read the ingredients and compared it to Immodium, which was also there. Same ingredients. It was 9.99 for 84 caplets. Inside the box were 14 packets containing 6 tablets each....I will include the ingredients + directions in the bag with each packet. I love it....and no shipping from the US. 

    2) I just went through my flyers and spotted some good deals. Here they are: Giant Tiger: has an item called a "water wallet". They come in different colours, appear to be a hard plastic case, have a seal/lock sort of thing and come on a lanyard thingy. They are on sale for $3.97. They also have some casual ladies sandals on sale. They look like a cork flip flop - for $5.

    3) Jysk has an item called "moon lanterns" on sale. They hold a tea light/candle in the inside and are surrounded by glass. I already bought these and they are fabulous. They come in about 4 colours (I bought yellow). I'd say they stand about 8 or 9 inches tall. On sale for $3.99.

    4) A liquidation type of place called : Smart Deals Canada has pashmina's listed for $5..and it says compare at $34.95??? The picture looks good. Think I'll check it out.

    That's my update for now! LOL



    #892 KCB2011

    KCB2011
    • Jr. Member
    • 308 posts

      Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

      I used the same stuff from Costco instead of Imodium!  Definitely a way better cost effective way of getting the "Diarrhea Relief" meds in your OOT bags.  I just typed up the instructions, recommended dose etc and printed them on regular mailing labels - then I stuck those on a little "meds instructions" card in my first aid kits!



      #893 BusyBee123

      BusyBee123
      • Jr. Member
      • 335 posts

        Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

        For those brides looking for cheap flip flops for their OOT bags, just a reminder that Old Navy is having their annual $1 flip flop sale this Saturday! Its on in both Canada and the US!  



        #894 traceysteve

        traceysteve
        • Jr. Member
        • 328 posts

          Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:51 PM


          fantastic tip! and to KCB with the mailing labels, what would I do without you ladies??
           

          Originally Posted by Lasallebabe 

          Thought I would fill in my fellow Cdn brides with some info.

           

          1) Last night at Costco I purchased a product called: Health Balance: Diarrhea Relief. I read the ingredients and compared it to Immodium, which was also there. Same ingredients. It was 9.99 for 84 caplets. Inside the box were 14 packets containing 6 tablets each....I will include the ingredients + directions in the bag with each packet. I love it....and no shipping from the US. 

          2) I just went through my flyers and spotted some good deals. Here they are: Giant Tiger: has an item called a "water wallet". They come in different colours, appear to be a hard plastic case, have a seal/lock sort of thing and come on a lanyard thingy. They are on sale for $3.97. They also have some casual ladies sandals on sale. They look like a cork flip flop - for $5.

          3) Jysk has an item called "moon lanterns" on sale. They hold a tea light/candle in the inside and are surrounded by glass. I already bought these and they are fabulous. They come in about 4 colours (I bought yellow). I'd say they stand about 8 or 9 inches tall. On sale for $3.99.

          4) A liquidation type of place called : Smart Deals Canada has pashmina's listed for $5..and it says compare at $34.95??? The picture looks good. Think I'll check it out.

          That's my update for now! LOL



           



          #895 missmeliss

          missmeliss
          • Jr. Member
          • 172 posts

            Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

            I am so excited for the flip flop sale!!! Its going to be busy!!


            November 26th 2011 - Gran Bahai Principe Jamacia
            Booked: 31 Adults + 5 children + Bride and Groom!!!

            #896 Lasallebabe

            Lasallebabe
            • Site Supporter
            • 154 posts

              Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

              I logged on here....to ask just that question! Thank you!



               

              Originally Posted by BusyBee123 

              For those brides looking for cheap flip flops for their OOT bags, just a reminder that Old Navy is having their annual $1 flip flop sale this Saturday! Its on in both Canada and the US!  



               



              #897 missmeliss

              missmeliss
              • Jr. Member
              • 172 posts

                Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

                I just got back from dollaramma and got my travel bags!! I got the Jute ones. super cute!


                November 26th 2011 - Gran Bahai Principe Jamacia
                Booked: 31 Adults + 5 children + Bride and Groom!!!

                #898 sbelland

                sbelland
                • Newbie
                • 47 posts

                  Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

                  Hey Ladies,

                   

                  Just wanted to let you all know, if anyone is looking for tumblers there is an amazing deal on at Walmart in the seasonal section. 4 tumblers for $1.50. You can then purchase sitckers to customize them as you please. Ps. www.weddingstar.com has some amazing stickers that can all be personalized.

                  The tumblers come in 4 different colors: Red, Green, Yellow, and Turquoise! They are an amazing deal! We bought 12 packages (48 tumblers) for $18 + tax.



                  #899 lianee

                  lianee
                  • Newbie
                  • 86 posts

                    Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

                    In case you are looking for some travel sized games that aren't regular playing cards, Superstore often has card games on sale for under $3.00 (e.g., Mad Gab, Monopoly Deal, Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble Slam, etc).  I've bought a few of these for myself, and next time I see them on sale I will be picking them up for my OOT bags (since I have a lot of family and friends who love playing games). 



                    #900 DramaticAnnie

                    DramaticAnnie
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 281 posts

                      Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:52 PM


                      Can you take a pic and show us?? I'd love to see them
                       

                      Originally Posted by sbelland 

                      Hey Ladies,

                       

                      Just wanted to let you all know, if anyone is looking for tumblers there is an amazing deal on at Walmart in the seasonal section. 4 tumblers for $1.50. You can then purchase sitckers to customize them as you please. Ps. www.weddingstar.com has some amazing stickers that can all be personalized.

                      The tumblers come in 4 different colors: Red, Green, Yellow, and Turquoise! They are an amazing deal! We bought 12 packages (48 tumblers) for $18 + tax.



                       


                      ~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
                      ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users