Jump to content

Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!


  • Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#561 natalie1987

natalie1987
  • Jr. Member
  • 201 posts

    Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:18 PM

    I was wondering how much do you spend on the oot bags? thanks lol

    #562 Jennybell1

    Jennybell1
    • Member
    • 661 posts

      Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:43 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by natalie1987
      I was wondering how much do you spend on the oot bags? thanks lol
      That is completely up to you my dear. I have heard of brides spending only $15.00 per bag to over $50.00 per bag.
      I myself have spent approx $30.00 per bag but that is bc Im only doing 20 bags. It doesnt look like a lot but when you start adding everything up - well it gets out of hand.

      My bags have: The bag, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, body butter, bandaids, first aid kit, chapstick, advil, breath strips, pepto bismal, deck of cards, welcome book, pens, notepads, kleenex, key card holder and lanyard, 2 travel mugs, postcards, pashminas, tag body spray, star fish wine stopper, and not to forget all the beach kit bags I made up that hold all the little items, and the tags for the OOT bags, pashminas, stickers for my mugs. So it really does add up quickly.

      In hindsight, I should have set a limit before I started, but I am happy with what is in my bags and how they turned out.

      I hope that helps
      Jenn

      #563 Cindy*

      Cindy*
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,655 posts

        Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:07 PM

        Wow, all that for $30 a bag sounds amazing Jenn. Your guests will love them.

        #564 MayanLily

        MayanLily
        • Jr. Member
        • 316 posts

          Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:19 PM

          What's amazing is that Jenn's wedding is in 2012! I am nowhere near close to finishing my OOT bags. Actually, all I've gotten so far is the bag. LOL and actually a friend just picked those up today for me from Superstore! I don't even know what they look like, this could be a disaster. I have ordered my mugs finally but don't even have those yet! EEK.
          Aly

          #565 CND_Redhead

          CND_Redhead
          • Jr. Member
          • 184 posts

            Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by SonyaR
            Thought I'd pass along that I found the paper lanerns in 2 sizes at Dollarama with the lights in them. I bought around 20 of them and don't even know if I can hang them anywhere.
            Party Packagers also has the paper lanters, round and longer rectangular shaped ones.
            They also have ones with flowers and such on them.
            They have some with lights and without.
            I picked up a bunch but not sure where I'm going to put them either yet!
            :http://www.ezticker.....ing/ticker.png

            Bride & Groom + 38 BOOKED!!!

            #566 SonyaR

            SonyaR
            • Jr. Member
            • 299 posts

              Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by CND_Redhead
              Party Packagers also has the paper lanters, round and longer rectangular shaped ones.
              They also have ones with flowers and such on them.
              They have some with lights and without.
              I picked up a bunch but not sure where I'm going to put them either yet!
              Thanks CND Redhead. I had never even heard of them and it turns out there is one not far from where I live. I'll have to check it out as I'd like to find some bigger ones.

              #567 Jennybell1

              Jennybell1
              • Member
              • 661 posts

                Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:48 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by MayanLily
                What's amazing is that Jenn's wedding is in 2012! I am nowhere near close to finishing my OOT bags. Actually, all I've gotten so far is the bag. LOL and actually a friend just picked those up today for me from Superstore! I don't even know what they look like, this could be a disaster. I have ordered my mugs finally but don't even have those yet! EEK.

                Haha! Your too funny! Im a planner - thats the only reason mine is done, plus I have nothing better to do...lol jk!
                I figured out the hard way at my first wedding - so Im not going downt hat road again. Plus I can get better deals by starting this early.

                Congrats on getting your bags - you will have to post pics of them for us! Oh and a pic of your mugs too....can't wait.....

                Are you coming out with the rest of the calgary clan next thrusday??

                #568 Jennybell1

                Jennybell1
                • Member
                • 661 posts

                  Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Cindy*
                  Wow, all that for $30 a bag sounds amazing Jenn. Your guests will love them.

                  Thanks cindy!

                  #569 MayanLily

                  MayanLily
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 316 posts

                    Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

                    Jenny- I havent even seen my bags LOL My friend found them while on vaca in BC so I dont have a clue what they're like. She's home tmro tho! ANNNNNND got an email from discountmugs yesterday and the mugs we chose are out of stock until september. That's cutting it a little to close for comfort. I'll have to pick another one I guess. Oh also, my photog from Calgary cancelled on us today! CRAPPY week I thought dw weren't supposed to be stressful

                    I'm going to try to make it to the get together on thurs but I'm not sure. I'm on call with work that evening so if I dont get called out it might be possible. I'm not big on driving in the city either so we'll see if I"m feeling brave that night! HA I really do want to meet you all though. Maybe I can convince you all to come out to Cochrane for ice cream this summer..... :)
                    Aly

                    #570 Jennybell1

                    Jennybell1
                    • Member
                    • 661 posts

                      Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MayanLily
                      Jenny- I havent even seen my bags LOL My friend found them while on vaca in BC so I dont have a clue what they're like. She's home tmro tho! ANNNNNND got an email from discountmugs yesterday and the mugs we chose are out of stock until september. That's cutting it a little to close for comfort. I'll have to pick another one I guess. Oh also, my photog from Calgary cancelled on us today! CRAPPY week I thought dw weren't supposed to be stressful

                      I'm going to try to make it to the get together on thurs but I'm not sure. I'm on call with work that evening so if I dont get called out it might be possible. I'm not big on driving in the city either so we'll see if I"m feeling brave that night! HA I really do want to meet you all though. Maybe I can convince you all to come out to Cochrane for ice cream this summer..... :)
                      Oh my gosh - not a good week for you for sure. Im sure the bags will be great so dont stress about that at all. Discount mugs - hmph! That totally sucks - well do they have anything else you like that they can have ready for you in time?? And as for the photographer. what the heck is that all about? Did they double book you or something? Have you contacted any of the photographers in Mexico - Claudia rodriguez had a pretty good package when we were looking into it. Maybe that is an option for you

                      As for Thursday, I would offer to come and get you, however I am coming from Didsbury. We can always meet somewhere on the outskirts and I can drive you in if you are nervous about driving in Calgary. I have lived here for 13 years so I know my way around really well. I would be more then happy to do that if you like? Let me know! Hope you can come to....




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users