• Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#491 MayanLily

MayanLily
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thomasjsgirl
    Hi fellow Canucks! I stumbled across this site today and thought it would be useful to know how much the extras, like duty, brokerage and taxes will add to our U.S. based purchases. You fill in how much you've spent, what province you're in, etc. and the site calculates the rest for you.

Here's the link: TheFinalCost.com - Canadian total shipping fees calculator (brokerage, duty, customs)

Happy shopping
    Thanks! That is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Wonder how accurate it is.... hmmm?
    Aly

#492 Roxyjude

Roxyjude
    • 219 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

Looks Great Suzy!!!

#493 robbiemoe

robbiemoe
      • 30 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:18 AM

Hey Suzy

I just did this for the mugs I bought on discountmugs and they were about $25 short on the final price (customs fees were about $50!)....good tool for a rough estimate though!

#494 pamphilia

pamphilia
        • 362 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:58 PM

suzy - i LOVE the waterproof label idea!! i am so doing that now...thank you!
          ~pam

#495 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
          • 484 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by pamphilia
            suzy - i LOVE the waterproof label idea!! i am so doing that now...thank you!
            Awe thanks, I would LOVE to take credit but it was NOT my idea!! lol
            I do apologize but I completely forget which B2B I stole it from - but it was someone on here, she got the window decals from VistaPrint and I totally stole the idea but found labels online! Saved me a bunch though! and I was able to personalize each one!!
            Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
            Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
            My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#496 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
            • 484 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by robbiemoe
              Hey Suzy

I just did this for the mugs I bought on discountmugs and they were about $25 short on the final price (customs fees were about $50!)....good tool for a rough estimate though!
              Actually I didn't post the website, but I can tell you what I actually paid...
              my order was $111 USD including shipping for 32 blank mugs, ($24 of that was shipping) then at my door I paid $35 CAD to UPS, your brokerage charges all depend on how much your order is, and mine was pretty low so I didn't end up paying very much!
              Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
              Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
              My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#497 PaperBagPrincess

PaperBagPrincess
              • 320 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

I'm on the hunt for inflatable pillows. Not the travel wrap around the neck ones. Just square or rectangle ones. If anyone sees them at a dollar stoe, walmart, etc please let me know.
                Martha has a good article on turning a hand towel into a pillow case and using an inflatable pillow inside on the beach. Thought this would be excellent in the OOT bags.
                Thanks ladies!

#498 PaperBagPrincess

PaperBagPrincess
                • 320 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

After my vacation I decided that the "brush the sand off your feet" paint brush idea was awesome! I always had sand on me and didn't want to get my towel all dirty. So I have decided to include them in my OOt bags. I got 3, 1/2 inch in width and pretty soft ones for $1 at Home hardware. Yeah for home hardware!

#499 PaperBagPrincess

PaperBagPrincess
                  • 320 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:15 PM

Also forgot to post Dollarama has some nice Jute tote bags for $2 right now. (can you tell I am working on my OOT bags this weekend?)

#500 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                    • 2,233 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:31 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PaperBagPrincess
                      I'm on the hunt for inflatable pillows. Not the travel wrap around the neck ones. Just square or rectangle ones. If anyone sees them at a dollar stoe, walmart, etc please let me know.
                      Martha has a good article on turning a hand towel into a pillow case and using an inflatable pillow inside on the beach. Thought this would be excellent in the OOT bags.
                      Thanks ladies!
                      That is a really good idea, I will keep my eyes open when I am out and about
                      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users