CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

Originally Posted by Sadie Mack View Post

Thanks KDoyle I'll have to remember to ask for a new box! Very smart of you. I'm also considering giving out most of the oot bags before we go. I would have liked them sent to all their rooms but I'm really too concerned about luggage weight and we're also traveling with our baby so we'll have so much stuff as it is.

Np at all ;) I`ve heard a few ladies tell me that the hotel was going to charge to hand deliver each bag to each room ...so I just arranged a welcome dinner the first night to hand them out. 

Originally Posted by TealMarie View Post

I didn't know they could hold stuff for you - that's a great tip, thanks! This may come in handy if/when their summer tote bags come out.

Yup, that`s what the store manager told me...you have to order and pay for it upfront but had I known that ahead of time i would have done that.

Originally Posted by pokeyholly View Post

I know these bags have been posted before on this thread. These are what I'm using for my OOT bags from Dollarama ($2 each)... The pic doesn't do the bags any justice. They are very vibrant and beachy. My cone head Westie just had to be in the picture lol....

Okay and I absolutely LOVE this tote from Dollarama. I found this a few weeks ago in a Dollarama that I don't usually shop at. Of course, this was this only one left at the store and I haven't seen them since. I love it so much and I wish I could've found these for my OOT bags instead. SO nice!!! Canvas burlap type material and the button is so cute! They are $2.25 each but definitely worth it! I use it for my OOT stash now lol. Again, my phone takes crappy pics :(

Hi All, Pokey Holly kindly posted this bag (the jute one 2nd down in picture) that she found at Dollerama, and I became obsessed!!! with them.

I managed to pick up 10 of them, but I need 20 to 25.  crybaby2.gif  I did a mojor roadtrip, and went to 12 different Dolleramas  (from Trenton to Kingston) and no luck. I then did some research on Dollerama, and managed to communicate with the Vice President of Merchandising to try to get more. It turns out they are a discontinued item.....so no luck, nor can they tell me which stores if any have any left.

If anyone finds any at their local Dolleramas, and would not mind picking them up, I will gladly pay you $4 each (plus shipping) for them (they are selling for $2.50). I am only interested in the natural jute color with beige trim, although they do come in brown, navy and green.

Thanks so much and I am keeping my fingers crossed that my fellow BDW Brides can find some.

Bonnie

PS - - If anyone finds any, they can PM me here, and we can arrange payment and shipping.

Originally Posted by KDoyle View Post

With Sunwing it was $80 each and we got the extra luggage, the extra space seats-more leg room and priority check-in before others...so I upgraded the kids and the FI and I so that i got the 2 extra luggages LOL

KDoyle - were you and your FI given elite seating from the get go? I organized a group booking for a destination wedding last year (I'm not a travel agent but work for a travel company who has access to group bookings with signature/sunwing) and the Bride and Groom automatically received Elite seating. Just wondering if they stopped doing this as a courtesy for group bookings.

Originally Posted by loubellou View Post

Hi All, Pokey Holly kindly posted this bag (the jute one 2nd down in picture) that she found at Dollerama, and I became obsessed!!! with them.

I managed to pick up 10 of them, but I need 20 to 25.  crybaby2.gif  I did a mojor roadtrip, and went to 12 different Dolleramas  (from Trenton to Kingston) and no luck. I then did some research on Dollerama, and managed to communicate with the Vice President of Merchandising to try to get more. It turns out they are a discontinued item.....so no luck, nor can they tell me which stores if any have any left.

If anyone finds any at their local Dolleramas, and would not mind picking them up, I will gladly pay you $4 each (plus shipping) for them (they are selling for $2.50). I am only interested in the natural jute color with beige trim, although they do come in brown, navy and green.

Thanks so much and I am keeping my fingers crossed that my fellow BDW Brides can find some.

Bonnie

PS - - If anyone finds any, they can PM me here, and we can arrange payment and shipping.

Hey Bonnie, I searched Brampton and orangeville high and low at every single dollar store in search of these before I bought my bags from Vistaprint this week - so sorry...i had really wanted them too ....if your looking for an alternative though Vistaprint...I got mine at 33% off plus the more you buy the cheaper they get) and i saw they had site wide sale yesterday (not sure it`s still on) for 40% off everything --so if you can they are actually an excellent quality! I got mine this morning and am very happy with them and the quality -they are going to make a great beach bag for the guests!!!  Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by Sadie Mack View Post

KDoyle - were you and your FI given elite seating from the get go? I organized a group booking for a destination wedding last year (I'm not a travel agent but work for a travel company who has access to group bookings with signature/sunwing) and the Bride and Groom automatically received Elite seating. Just wondering if they stopped doing this as a courtesy for group bookings.

They were only offerign it unfortunately for the Bride and Groom if your bookings was done by a certain date and you were traveling between June 1, 2013- December 2013..... so I missed the free upgrade along with e $500 Honeymoon voucher from Sunwing by 2 weeks --which was a VERY big disappointment to me --and I asked them to consider it --and they said NO. Depsite me having over 30ppl booked with them. You think it would kill them to upgrade the Bride & Groom at least who brought them 30 bookings. 

Originally Posted by KDoyle View Post

They were only offerign it unfortunately for the Bride and Groom if your bookings was done by a certain date and you were traveling between June 1, 2013- December 2013..... so I missed the free upgrade along with e $500 Honeymoon voucher from Sunwing by 2 weeks --which was a VERY big disappointment to me --and I asked them to consider it --and they said NO. Depsite me having over 30ppl booked with them. You think it would kill them to upgrade the Bride & Groom at least who brought them 30 bookings. 

Hi KDoyle,

I am travelling with Sunwing next month  ( I booked last year) but I was able to recieve the upgrade and voucher...

I was never told of any certain dates to travel or book....