Jump to content

Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!


  • Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#3101 julienelson0713

julienelson0713
  • Jr. Member
  • 201 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 6, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by cinnagirl 

I ordered 38 tubes of Aloe (I figured one per person). The box was pretty heavy!! And the tubes are bigger than I was expecting (I thought 150 ml would have been smaller, but I'm horrible at judging these things). Now I'm really worried about bringing all 38 down in a suitcase because of the weight! lol


I've decided I'm giving some of my bags out before we go. I'll give my bridesmaids theirs, my parents, groom's parents and a couple friends who are in town. It helps us out a little, and then they know what they don't have to buy/pack because you've got them covered. No matter when you give them the bags, they'll be appreciative :)



#3102 KDoyle

KDoyle
  • Jr. Member
  • 218 posts

    Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

    Originally Posted by julienelson0713 


    I've decided I'm giving some of my bags out before we go. I'll give my bridesmaids theirs, my parents, groom's parents and a couple friends who are in town. It helps us out a little, and then they know what they don't have to buy/pack because you've got them covered. No matter when you give them the bags, they'll be appreciative :)

    I was thinking the same thing! When I was considering buying the Bubba's for everyone I actually was going to send an email to everyone to leave room in their luggage as I was going to hand them out at the airport! LOL 



    #3103 KDoyle

    KDoyle
    • Jr. Member
    • 218 posts

      Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

      Originally Posted by julienelson0713 

      I got 2.5 but I think they'll be fine. Had to weigh cost and looks :)
       

      I got the 2.5 as well and they look great! :)



      #3104 Sadie Mack

      Sadie Mack
      • Newbie
      • 11 posts

        Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

        Thanks KDoyle I'll have to remember to ask for a new box! Very smart of you. I'm also considering giving out most of the oot bags before we go. I would have liked them sent to all their rooms but I'm really too concerned about luggage weight and we're also traveling with our baby so we'll have so much stuff as it is.

        #3105 Scarma

        Scarma
        • Jr. Member
        • 175 posts

          Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

          Originally Posted by KDoyle 

          I am pretty stressed aboiut the weight too --I can never get it under for a normal vacation let alone my wedding LOL...so I have upgraded my FI and I and the 2 kids to the Elite status for the extra luggage allowance --so I get 2 whole extra luggages! ...and i told my bridesmaids I may need some of their luggage space hahahaha

          How much is the upgrade? 



          #3106 Sadie Mack

          Sadie Mack
          • Newbie
          • 11 posts

            Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

            How much did you budget for your OOT bags? I'm thinking of making a trip to Buffalo for various things including a lot of my bag contents.



            #3107 julienelson0713

            julienelson0713
            • Jr. Member
            • 201 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 6, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace
            • LocationEdmonton

            Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

            Originally Posted by Sadie Mack 

            How much did you budget for your OOT bags? I'm thinking of making a trip to Buffalo for various things including a lot of my bag contents.


            I wanted to stay around $20 per bag, including the bag itself. We only have 25 people and I did a bag for each couple, with singles getting their own. If you coupon, watch for deals and shop around a bit (this does require patience hah!) you can definitely achieve that. What were you thinking for a budget?



            #3108 KDoyle

            KDoyle
            • Jr. Member
            • 218 posts

              Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

              Originally Posted by Scarma 

              How much is the upgrade? 

              With Sunwing it was $80 each and we got the extra luggage, the extra space seats-more leg room and priority check-in before others...so I upgraded the kids and the FI and I so that i got the 2 extra luggages LOL



              #3109 KDoyle

              KDoyle
              • Jr. Member
              • 218 posts

                Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

                Originally Posted by Sadie Mack 

                How much did you budget for your OOT bags? I'm thinking of making a trip to Buffalo for various things including a lot of my bag contents.

                I went to Buffalo for some stuff and depending on what you are looking to put in there I thought it was worth it ...for the Advil & Aleeve, the dollar tree store by the Niagara Falls USA outlets had great stuff..I got all my snacks there...literally everything is only $1 or less...I would have gotten Aloe Vera travel size and the Dramamine if I had thought of it at the time...and something good to knwo if you need alot of something you can order online from the Dollar Tree in US and they will hold it at the store for you ;)



                #3110 TealMarie

                TealMarie
                • Jr. Member
                • 254 posts

                  Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

                  Originally Posted by KDoyle 

                  I went to Buffalo for some stuff and depending on what you are looking to put in there I thought it was worth it ...for the Advil & Aleeve, the dollar tree store by the Niagara Falls USA outlets had great stuff..I got all my snacks there...literally everything is only $1 or less...I would have gotten Aloe Vera travel size and the Dramamine if I had thought of it at the time...and something good to knwo if you need alot of something you can order online from the Dollar Tree in US and they will hold it at the store for you ;)

                  I didn't know they could hold stuff for you - that's a great tip, thanks! This may come in handy if/when their summer tote bags come out.






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users