CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

• Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#2891 weliaslo

weliaslo
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by FireyNurse 

For any of you ladies going to Mexico for sure, possibly other destinations, make sure you take receipts with you for what everything you are bringing in costs. We didn't carry much down with us, 15 small glass vases, about 5 frames with pictures, cellophane, wedding favours and cake server set and such and we were asked how much what we had was worth (the limit in Mexico is $300 to bring in) and my brother who was carrying just a couple frames and vases in his luggage was actually asked what his stuff was worth too. Nothing close to $300 but if you had a lot of stuff I could imagine them getting picky! Spreading it out amongst family members is a great option if available, just make sure you give them receipts in case they are asked :o)

Thanks for the tip!

#2892 newbiebridetobe

newbiebridetobe
    • 74 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

I JUST finished my OOT bags ladies and wanted to thank everyone for the thoughts and ideas!  Here are some photos of the end product!  The bags vary slightly depending on who is receiving them.  The wedding party and parents have Bubba mugs in theirs.  I ended up doing one per couple or single and am very pleased with how they turned out....and that they are done!

Welcome letter and room list card

AppleMark

Patois phrases handout

Hangover snacks, lip chap and waterproof camera case

Wedding week survival kits, side one:  eye drops, moisturizer, condoms, Emergen-C, Imodium, sun screen, Gatoraide, Pepto tablets

Wedding week survival kits, side two:  Body wash, Tums, energy shot, floss

More snacks, Kleenex, "Queasy Pops", Advil, gum, Aloe gel

Room key/tip holders with wrist bands (sorry about the glare)

AppleMark

The outside of the bags! :)

#2893 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
      • 261 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Those look great!! I'm sure your guests will love them. Do you mind me asking where you got the bags? They are exactly the kind of bags I'm looking for!

Originally Posted by newbiebridetobe 

I JUST finished my OOT bags ladies and wanted to thank everyone for the thoughts and ideas!  Here are some photos of the end product!  The bags vary slightly depending on who is receiving them.  The wedding party and parents have Bubba mugs in theirs.  I ended up doing one per couple or single and am very pleased with how they turned out....and that they are done!

Welcome letter and room list card

AppleMark

Patois phrases handout

Hangover snacks, lip chap and waterproof camera case

Wedding week survival kits, side one:  eye drops, moisturizer, condoms, Emergen-C, Imodium, sun screen, Gatoraide, Pepto tablets

Wedding week survival kits, side two:  Body wash, Tums, energy shot, floss

More snacks, Kleenex, "Queasy Pops", Advil, gum, Aloe gel

Room key/tip holders with wrist bands (sorry about the glare)

AppleMark

The outside of the bags! :)

#2894 soonCB

soonCB
        • 264 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

NewbieBride, Your bags look great!!! I think will end up posting mine in a planning thread after the wedding. Where did you get the Gatoraide pakcets in Canada? I couldnt find those anywhere!

#2895 newbiebridetobe

newbiebridetobe
          • 74 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by soonCB 

NewbieBride, Your bags look great!!! I think will end up posting mine in a planning thread after the wedding. Where did you get the Gatoraide pakcets in Canada? I couldnt find those anywhere!

Thanks!  I ended up buying the Gatoraide packages on a girls shopping weekend to the states.  Prices varied depending on how close we were to the boarder.  I ended up snagging them for $1.88 for a package of 8.

#2896 newbiebridetobe

newbiebridetobe
            • 74 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by cinnagirl 

Those look great!! I'm sure your guests will love them. Do you mind me asking where you got the bags? They are exactly the kind of bags I'm looking for!

Thanks!  I got the bags from Dollarama.  They were $2.00 each.

#2897 soonCB

soonCB
              • 264 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by newbiebridetobe 

Thanks!  I ended up buying the Gatoraide packages on a girls shopping weekend to the states.  Prices varied depending on how close we were to the boarder.  I ended up snagging them for $1.88 for a package of 8.

Darn! I looked in the states multiple times since we live close to the border, but could never find them. Maybe we didn't go South enough.

great Job on the bags! bet you are getting excited to leave soon!!!!

#2898 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
                • 313 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

http://www.groupon.c...&utm_source=rvs

Does anyone know if this can be used at Vistaprint.ca?

#2899 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
                  • 400 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by PuntaBride 

http://www.groupon.c...&utm_source=rvs

Does anyone know if this can be used at Vistaprint.ca?

I'm not sure, but I've ordered from vistaprint.com in the past when they don't have the same deals on .ca. It's gotten me plenty of free offers, and I didn't find the shipping to be any more expensive :)

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

#2900 lgerry

lgerry
                    • 349 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

I

I'm not sure, but I've ordered from vistaprint.com in the past when they don't have the same deals on .ca. It's gotten me plenty of free offers, and I didn't find the shipping to be any more expensive :)

I agree... I always order from the US site because its the site with the free offers (Canada site never has free offers)and the shipping is the same!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users