CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

• Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#2831 Ploman

Ploman
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

DominicanAlly,

I get outrageous shipping quotes from minimis too. Did you also have to pay any duty once they shipped?

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#2832 Katryne

Katryne
    • 260 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

So you guys found that dollorama wasn't competitive in prices compared to minimus? I haven't started shopping yet.

#2833 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
      • 400 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

I actually live close to the border, and have friends in the US so I've avoided the high shipping/duty. There are also services you can find online that forward US shipments to you for a few (usually much less than paying the shipping via the companies like minimus) and PO boxes you can ship to and pick up over there (like UPS stores) Not sure if this helps or if these are options for anyone. Most of the things I ordered from Minimus.biz and the safety products site were not available at places like Dollarama :( I didn't price out shipping to Canada with the safety product website, but their prices were awesome and they do ship internationally so it might be worth contacting them for shipping rates?

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

#2834 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
        • 400 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

Oops...for a "fee", not a "few". Darn autocorrect! Lol

#2835 loubellou

loubellou
          • Site Supporter
          • 109 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Dominican Ally, Just wanted to let you know that I was "on the hunt" for silicone watches also. I managed to get them from a seller on DH Gate. I got 30 for $24.52 with free shipping. I also got them to split them evenly in my colors (Tangerine and Fuschia). I just searched and found a number of sellers with them. Any of the ones that had larger quantities, I msgd them and asked for pricing to ship in smaller quantities, then went with the cheapest who also turned out to be most responsive.

#2836 loubellou

loubellou
            • Site Supporter
            • 109 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

Found another great site for those of you that still need to purchase bags. This one is on "Dollar Days"

Here is the link to the actual bag:

It is described as " Wholesale Closeout Eco Friendly Reusable Cotton Tote Bag with Zipper, and comes with either Black or Blue Trim. You have to purchase a case of 12

but they work out to be $2.47 each.

Only issue with shipping to Canada is a minimum $100 order, but the shipping is not ridiculously expensive like some places.

#2837 weliaslo

weliaslo
              • 53 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Does anyone know where to find aloe vera (travel size)? I've looked everywhere but can't find any! Only place is minimuz but the shipping was ridiculous!

#2838 Sunshinybride

Sunshinybride
                • 74 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Thanks ladies!! We only have 24 guests so that helped keep the cost down. Also trying to be the stress free bride and stay ahead on everything. So far so good :)

#2839 Loreal30

Loreal30
                  • 234 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sunshinybride 

Thanks ladies!! We only have 24 guests so that helped keep the cost down. Also trying to be the stress free bride and stay ahead on everything. So far so good :)

Hey Sunshinybride~ did you find everything for your OOT bags in Sudbury?

If you spot any deals pm me! :) I'm still in the early stages.

#2840 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
                    • 400 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Thanks for the info on the watches! Do you happen to know if they are waterproof, or just water resistant?

Dominican Ally, Just wanted to let you know that I was "on the hunt" for silicone watches also. I managed to get them from a seller on DH Gate. I got 30 for $24.52 with free shipping. I also got them to split them evenly in my colors (Tangerine and Fuschia). I just searched and found a number of sellers with them. Any of the ones that had larger quantities, I msgd them and asked for pricing to ship in smaller quantities, then went with the cheapest who also turned out to be most responsive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users