Jump to content

Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!


  • Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#2181 Allie2012

Allie2012
  • Jr. Member
  • 194 posts

    Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:05 AM


    Hey Manda123, we are bringing down all our own decorations and OOT bag stuff for 45-50 people so we plan on asking our parents to pack some stuff in their luggage. But we realize that we probably are going to end up paying extra and are willing to in order to surprise our quests once in Mexico. The way I look at it is that they are spending x amount to come all the way to Mexico, so us spending $50 (or more) to bring the stuff down there to thank them is worth it. A good thing to do now is to go to your airline's website and check out their baggage policy now so there will be no surprises when you get to the airport :)

    Originally Posted by Manda123 

    Hey girls,

    On the topic of suitcase weight, what are you guys doing about this? I am starting to freak out about this a bit... Are you getting people to take stuff down for you? I have OOT stuff for 68 people now.



     



    #2182 soogal

    soogal
    • Newbie
    • 4 posts

      Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

      Hey Ladies - not sure who you are traveling with ie Sunwing, AC WS or some other airline, but if you have a group booking there is normally allowance for extra baggage for the group, check with your travel agent to see.



      #2183 AD2012

      AD2012
      • Jr. Member
      • 240 posts

        Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

        So much great info! Thanks for all the tips ladies. I haven’t started shopping for my OOT bags but am hoping to get started soon!

         

        170 days to go and 36 guests and counting! 

         



        #2184 MJKH

        MJKH
        • Site Supporter
        • 654 posts

          Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:01 AM

          I know, they're cute, hey?  I found 15 at one store, and not a single box at the other store in town.  Not even a spot on the shelf for them.  Went back to the first store yesterday and they had 6 more on the shelf, still on sale.  Hit or miss I guess like most things...the expiry dates have been May or June of next year.
           

          Originally Posted by lindsayraz 

          oooh how beachy! love it!

           



           



           



          #2185 AquaCait

          AquaCait
          • Jr. Member
          • 209 posts

            Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:48 AM

            I think we are planning on giving our OOT bags out (to the people that are local at least) in the week leading up to the wedding and asking that they please pack them.  I think it is easier than giving them at the airport, and then people can leave stuff at home if they don't need it...as long as they bring the mugs!!!  We are flying with Sunwing and we are only allowed 1 bag, 20kg for guests and 30kg for the bride and groom.  I know my bag is already jam-packed (it always is when we go away...) but we are splitting everything that we are taking down (parasols, fans, favours, signs, baskets, lanterns, etc.) between my parents and in-laws, but we are still going to be paying for an extra bag for that... 

             


            AD2012: OMG...is it that soon?!?!?  I'm getting married the day before you, but your ceremony is where we got engaged!  It's a gorgeous resort!
             

            Originally Posted by AD2012 

            So much great info! Thanks for all the tips ladies. I haven’t started shopping for my OOT bags but am hoping to get started soon!

             

            170 days to go and 36 guests and counting! 

             



             



            #2186 bride6262

            bride6262
            • Member
            • 582 posts

              Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

              how did you find out what you were allowed to bring? we were told 2 bags totalling 20kg?!? we are flying with sunwing too!!
               

              Originally Posted by AquaCait 

              I think we are planning on giving our OOT bags out (to the people that are local at least) in the week leading up to the wedding and asking that they please pack them.  I think it is easier than giving them at the airport, and then people can leave stuff at home if they don't need it...as long as they bring the mugs!!!  We are flying with Sunwing and we are only allowed 1 bag, 20kg for guests and 30kg for the bride and groom.  I know my bag is already jam-packed (it always is when we go away...) but we are splitting everything that we are taking down (parasols, fans, favours, signs, baskets, lanterns, etc.) between my parents and in-laws, but we are still going to be paying for an extra bag for that... 

               


              AD2012: OMG...is it that soon?!?!?  I'm getting married the day before you, but your ceremony is where we got engaged!  It's a gorgeous resort!
               



               



               



              #2187 kya101

              kya101
              • Member
              • 645 posts

                Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

                It is 2 bags with a combined weight of 20kg and if you have the upgrade it is the same 2 bags combined weight of 30kg. We are flying sunwing and have the upgrade for us as well as our son so I'm using the 6 bags and 90kg weight for sure to get everything down there. You can check out their website for all that info too.

                how did you find out what you were allowed to bring? we were told 2 bags totalling 20kg?!? we are flying with sunwing too!!
                 



                 



                 



                #2188 bride6262

                bride6262
                • Member
                • 582 posts

                  Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

                  i guess i will be asking the travel agent if we get an upgrade!
                   

                  Originally Posted by kya101 

                  It is 2 bags with a combined weight of 20kg and if you have the upgrade it is the same 2 bags combined weight of 30kg. We are flying sunwing and have the upgrade for us as well as our son so I'm using the 6 bags and 90kg weight for sure to get everything down there. You can check out their website for all that info too. http://www.flysunwin...aggageAllowance

                   



                   



                   



                  #2189 Manda123

                  Manda123
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 380 posts

                    Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:16 PM



                    Thanks for all the tips, ladies! Since we have so many people, maybe we can get an upgrade. I'm going to look into this!!

                    Originally Posted by amjohnson 


                    Are most of your guests from Ottawa or flying out with you? I have decided despite wanting to surprising them at our destination, that I can`t afford to give up that luggage space for the oot bags...need room for more shoes!!lol...joking...maybe ;) We are handing ours all out here a day or two before we fly out, except for our long distance guests. You have a lot more guests so I would estimate your oot bag contents alone would be close to 15lbs at least? If you are flying with ACV they do allow one 50lb bag. Although that doesn`t take you far by the time you add your outfits, toiletries n shoes. If you really want to take them with you, you might as well pay the extra 20$ for another bag and put the oot bag stuff in there.

                     

                    Hope my thoughts help. 68 guests, wow! That is a lot of aloe gel, cups etc!!



                     



                     



                     

                    Originally Posted by lindsayraz 

                    I haven't actually put my stuff in suitcases, so I'm just ASSUMING it'll all fit!  Our wedding is in Jamaica, so the airline only allows 2 checked bags per person (and you have to pay $20 for the second bag).  So the PLAN is to pack the OOT stuff in 2 suitcases, pay the extra $20 each, and pray everything fits in 2 suitcases and that they don't weigh over the limit!  I actually think I will be able to fit all my week's worth of clothes and wedding attire in one suitcase, but if need be, I can always get my mom to claim an extra suitcase and pay the $20 for her.  I'm not too worried ..... hopefully I don't get a big suprise when I go to start packing!

                     



                     



                     



                    Originally Posted by Camy47 

                    Just a quick tip....if you are paying for extra baggage for OOT items....pack them in a box (just make sure it's within your airlines max linear dimensions). This way you only have to pay the $20 one way and you can leave the box at your destination! We had 6 boxes/suitcases on the way down but only 3 on the way back!!! Much easier at the airport too!!! :)
                     



                     



                     



                    Originally Posted by soogal 

                    Hey Ladies - not sure who you are traveling with ie Sunwing, AC WS or some other airline, but if you have a group booking there is normally allowance for extra baggage for the group, check with your travel agent to see.



                     



                    #2190 Laurelyn

                    Laurelyn
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 215 posts

                      Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

                      Yes definitely look into it I'm flying with sunwing and with my booking we got a complimentary upgrade to elite once 10 people booked!  I'm still gonna have a huge issue with weight I read on another thread that it cost a girl over $700 to bring everything down with her!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users