CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

• Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#2171 MJKH

MJKH
  • Site Supporter
  • 654 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

I wanted to share today's find.  We've decided to go a different route with our cake (i.e., no chocolate shells)...but because I still LOVE them, I picked these up on sale at London Drugs for $2.39 a box (6 shells)...it was a splurgy item, but will be really nice to add to the welcome treat bags our guests will be receiving.  

IMG_0016.jpg

#2172 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
    • 1,748 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Oh this is a good tip, I was thinking of adding sudoku books but I dont think our bags can take the weight addition! Thanks :)

Originally Posted by lindsayraz 

Yep! I got my sudoko/crossword books at Dollarama for $1 each. (They sure add a lot of weight to my OOT suitcase ... yikes!).

What are you doing cake wise now?  I love the chocolate seashells I want to add them to my OOT bags, I saw the packs at Costco and was thinking of getting them and just putting them in little containers but your mini boxes are way better!

Originally Posted by MJKH 

I wanted to share today's find.  We've decided to go a different route with our cake (i.e., no chocolate shells)...but because I still LOVE them, I picked these up on sale at London Drugs for $2.39 a box (6 shells)...it was a splurgy item, but will be really nice to add to the welcome treat bags our guests will be receiving.  

IMG_0016.jpg

#2173 lindsayraz

lindsayraz
      • 109 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:10 AM

oooh how beachy! love it!

Originally Posted by MJKH 

IMG_0016.jpg

#2174 Manda123

Manda123
        • 380 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

Hey girls,

On the topic of suitcase weight, what are you guys doing about this? I am starting to freak out about this a bit... Are you getting people to take stuff down for you? I have OOT stuff for 68 people now.

#2175 amjohnson

amjohnson
          • Site Supporter
          • 340 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

Are most of your guests from Ottawa or flying out with you? I have decided despite wanting to surprising them at our destination, that I can`t afford to give up that luggage space for the oot bags...need room for more shoes!!lol...joking...maybe ;) We are handing ours all out here a day or two before we fly out, except for our long distance guests. You have a lot more guests so I would estimate your oot bag contents alone would be close to 15lbs at least? If you are flying with ACV they do allow one 50lb bag. Although that doesn`t take you far by the time you add your outfits, toiletries n shoes. If you really want to take them with you, you might as well pay the extra 20$ for another bag and put the oot bag stuff in there.

Hope my thoughts help. 68 guests, wow! That is a lot of aloe gel, cups etc!!

Originally Posted by Manda123 

Hey girls,

On the topic of suitcase weight, what are you guys doing about this? I am starting to freak out about this a bit... Are you getting people to take stuff down for you? I have OOT stuff for 68 people now.

#2176 lindsayraz

lindsayraz
            • 109 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

I haven't actually put my stuff in suitcases, so I'm just ASSUMING it'll all fit!  Our wedding is in Jamaica, so the airline only allows 2 checked bags per person (and you have to pay $20 for the second bag).  So the PLAN is to pack the OOT stuff in 2 suitcases, pay the extra $20 each, and pray everything fits in 2 suitcases and that they don't weigh over the limit!  I actually think I will be able to fit all my week's worth of clothes and wedding attire in one suitcase, but if need be, I can always get my mom to claim an extra suitcase and pay the $20 for her.  I'm not too worried ..... hopefully I don't get a big suprise when I go to start packing!

Originally Posted by Manda123 

Hey girls,

#2177 Camy47

Camy47
              • 104 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:29 AM

Just a quick tip....if you are paying for extra baggage for OOT items....pack them in a box (just make sure it's within your airlines max linear dimensions). This way you only have to pay the $20 one way and you can leave the box at your destination! We had 6 boxes/suitcases on the way down but only 3 on the way back!!! Much easier at the airport too!!! :)

Originally Posted by lindsayraz 

I haven't actually put my stuff in suitcases, so I'm just ASSUMING it'll all fit!  Our wedding is in Jamaica, so the airline only allows 2 checked bags per person (and you have to pay $20 for the second bag).  So the PLAN is to pack the OOT stuff in 2 suitcases, pay the extra $20 each, and pray everything fits in 2 suitcases and that they don't weigh over the limit!  I actually think I will be able to fit all my week's worth of clothes and wedding attire in one suitcase, but if need be, I can always get my mom to claim an extra suitcase and pay the $20 for her.  I'm not too worried ..... hopefully I don't get a big suprise when I go to start packing!

Attached Files

#2178 lindsayraz

lindsayraz
                • 109 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:35 AM

Brilliant idea!

Originally Posted by Camy47 

Just a quick tip....if you are paying for extra baggage for OOT items....pack them in a box (just make sure it's within your airlines max linear dimensions). This way you only have to pay the $20 one way and you can leave the box at your destination! We had 6 boxes/suitcases on the way down but only 3 on the way back!!! Much easier at the airport too!!! :)

#2179 yunric

yunric
                  • 93 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

AMAZING!

I also found a cheap- $5 suitcase at Value Village that I will then leave there.

#2180 angeluv4dr

angeluv4dr
                    • 27 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

very cute ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users