Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

• Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#2161 Allie2012

Allie2012
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

Ok so I was not going to do OOT bags because I thought my FI would think it was a waste of money, but I mentioned it to him and he actually thinks it's a good idea!!! My wedding is not until May but I don't even know where to begin...............considering everything in stores is Christmas related right now! Been looking through here and it seems like Dollarama is a good start? Has anyone shopped at Wal-Mart in the States? Did you find that the prices are much cheaper considering our money is almost at par?

#2162 AquaCait

AquaCait
    • 209 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

I fully admit, I saw your luggage tags on here when you first posted them...and I foind my inspiration!!!  I made the double-sided business cards on Vistaprint, laminated them and punched holes, and they look FANTASTIC!!!!  Thanks for the help with that Camy47!!!

Originally Posted by Camy47 

I actually thought the same thing which is why I wasn't initially going to do them. However, once I figured out a way to make them using Dollarama & Vistaprint for so cheap I figured why not! In the end I think everyone used them....even guests who flew in from other cities! The airport is already pure madness with a large group...so giving them out there might be a bit chaotic. Just my 2 cents :)

#2163 AquaCait

AquaCait
      • 209 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

Dollarama is a great place to start, but I (personally) think that it's easiest to decide what you want to include, and then figure out where to find it all.  That way you don't end up with a bunch of random things that you decide you don't want to use.  I'm a May bride too, but it's never too early to start.  Good luck!!

Originally Posted by Allie2012 

Ok so I was not going to do OOT bags because I thought my FI would think it was a waste of money, but I mentioned it to him and he actually thinks it's a good idea!!! My wedding is not until May but I don't even know where to begin...............considering everything in stores is Christmas related right now! Been looking through here and it seems like Dollarama is a good start? Has anyone shopped at Wal-Mart in the States? Did you find that the prices are much cheaper considering our money is almost at par?

#2164 Camy47

Camy47
        • 104 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:11 AM

If you are planning a trip to the states you can find lots of great deals for OOT bags (I bought many of my items at Target & Dollar Tree). I think the main thing ppl bought at WalMart down there were the Bubba Kegs....but you can get good deals on those here too (Canadian Tire often puts them on sale for 50-60% off). I wouldn't make a special trip just for OOT....but if you are getting wedding items or are going anyways it can be worthwhile.

I really like AquaCait's idea of making a list of items you want to include then figure out where the cheapest place is to get them using the thread. Dollarama still has sunscreen etc. right now even though it's winter. And don't forget Vistaprint!!! :)

#2165 Allie2012

Allie2012
          • 194 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for the advice ladies! And you're right, I need to get organized first :) I did go to Wal-Mart today and I found travel sized aloe gel bottles on sale for $1.00, I figured I probably can't beat that price so I bought them! And I just got off the phone with my mom, and as she is an avid sewer she agreed to make custom beach totes to use as my OOT bags!!!! My parents live in a border town so she is going to purchase all the fabric in Michigan, which will save a ton of money. So I definitely feel a little relieved now :)

#2166 Allie2012

Allie2012
            • 194 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

Oh one more question................any advice on where to find cheap sudoku puzzle books? The cheapest I've seen so far is $3.50 at Wal-Mart:( I definitely want to include these as I've read that most guests use them, but I don't really want to pay more than $2.00 per book!

#2167 bride6262

bride6262
              • 582 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:57 AM

i have seen them in dollarama!

Oh one more question................any advice on where to find cheap sudoku puzzle books? The cheapest I've seen so far is $3.50 at Wal-Mart:( I definitely want to include these as I've read that most guests use them, but I don't really want to pay more than $2.00 per book!

#2168 lindsayraz

lindsayraz
                • 109 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

Yep! I got my sudoko/crossword books at Dollarama for $1 each. (They sure add a lot of weight to my OOT suitcase ... yikes!).

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

i have seen them in dollarama!

#2169 soogal

soogal
                  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:03 AM

Can you please share how you did the DND sign? Were they a Vistaprint order, I have looked on there and I could not find anything like that at all.

Thanks

K

#2170 Camy47

Camy47
                    • 104 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:15 AM

Hello Soogal,

I used the rack cards from Vistaprint then just cut holes in them using a circle cutter I picked up at the dollar store. Just be sure when you are designing them that you leave enough room for the hole....I had to redo mine and move the text about half way down the card.

Originally Posted by soogal 

Can you please share how you did the DND sign? Were they a Vistaprint order, I have looked on there and I could not find anything like that at all.

Thanks

K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users