Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

• Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#11 fudgie

fudgie
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:34 PM

I got my Spanish phrase book online at Chapters for a good price. All the items for the bags came from Michaels or the dollar store. Tons of great finds at Michaels dollar section...travel note book, packing list note pad, travel candle, beach ball.
    Photo by: Cineart Photographywww.cineartphotography.comOur Professional Slideshow

#12 beachbride2009

beachbride2009
    • Banned
    • 228 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

You ladies rock! I checked eBay and there don't seem to be any available but I guess I'll just keep checking! And the other ideas are great too! Now I'm just worried how the heck I'm going to get everything down there along with my shoes! LOL

#13 Butterflyf369

Butterflyf369
      • 706 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

I found this mail order book called weddingstar that I think ships to Canada only. Has some great ideas for OOT bags.
        I was in Mexico in January and one thing that I'll be including in my bags are coffee mugs. The drink glasses tended to be small and most people were having their coffee mugs filled with their drink of choice.

#14 thephotogirl

thephotogirl
        • 158 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:32 PM

There is a Japanese $2 store called Daiso in Richmond, BC which has loads of cute stuff.

#15 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
          • 2,233 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:49 AM

excellent thread, hope I can add to it soon. Still just in the early planning stages
            July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#16 beachbride2009

beachbride2009
            • Banned
            • 228 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:12 PM

I lost my bankcard in Seattle a week ago (thankfully AFTER I hit up Target!) so I am waiting for my new one before I can get round to the stores! Looking forward to hitting the big dollar store...I already mapquested it! I just wish this weather would imprve. I am currently in the process of ordering towels for everyone online at towels4less.com. I'm just waiting on a quote. They embroider them too...I got the info from another DB on here (thanks!). The are a little expensive, but I'm thinking they should be a hit and hopefully will be used in the future for a long time!

#17 punkie569

punkie569
              • 255 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

So far I've gotten all my printed stuff (magnets, cards, pens etc) from Vistaprint so they've been free. Otherwise just hitting up every and any dollar store I can find. I'm planning on hitting that one in Richmond that was mentioned cuz it's HUGE. I don't know why our Michaels doesn't have a dollar section but I have still found some good things there. I bought decks of cards that are in a plastic holder for $1.50. I'm still trying to find bags though that aren't really pricey.
                Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#18 beachbride2009

beachbride2009
                • Banned
                • 228 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

thanks Punkie569...I think I'll head over to the local Michaels to check it out tonight. Everyone talks about Vistaprint and how awesome it is so I think its time I checked it out!

I haven't found the actual tote bags yet either! I'm leaning towards not spending so much on the bag now since I'm going all out on the beach towels (7.50 USD/towel plus embroidery/shipping!)...I'm thinking I'll go with something basic like the recycle bags you can get anywhere...

#19 punkie569

punkie569
                  • 255 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by beachbride2009
                    thanks Punkie569...I think I'll head over to the local Michaels to check it out tonight. Everyone talks about Vistaprint and how awesome it is so I think its time I checked it out!

I haven't found the actual tote bags yet either! I'm leaning towards not spending so much on the bag now since I'm going all out on the beach towels (7.50 USD/towel plus embroidery/shipping!)...I'm thinking I'll go with something basic like the recycle bags you can get anywhere...
                    You HAVE to check out Vistaprint. Sign up for their emails and you will get a new email every few days with tons of free stuff. All I've had to pay for is shipping which is nothing. My last order was worth over $70 and I paid $10 in shipping. You'll find some really good things to use for your OOT bags. If you need any ideas I can try to help you and let you know what I've done with them.

As for the bags I wish I could find something like those shopping bags from Superstore. They are perfect size, black and only .99cts. If only they didn't have a huge logo on them! I love that you are doing the towels and at that price I totally get wanting a cheaper bag. Priorities, right?
                    Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#20 beachbride2009

beachbride2009
                    • Banned
                    • 228 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

Punkie...I'm signing up on vistaprint as we speak! I can't wait to get going on there! Ifound Promo Force - Promotional Products Custom Imprinted Items for cheap bags but it's so hard to find something cheap/decent/min quantity of 50.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users