Jump to content

Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!


  • Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#1981 DramaticAnnie

DramaticAnnie
  • Jr. Member
  • 281 posts

    Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

    I found the G2 packs at grocery store called Hannaford.. not sure how widespread it is in the states, but it is all over Maine.

     

    the Avon aloe is on sale again for this Campaign in AVON, it is $1.99 per bottle and the bottle itself is pretty big, not giant size but I didn't want to get the small travel size aloe personally, since when I get burned (and I always do, and so does my fiancee) we need gobs of it all over our shoulders and back and I figure one of those lil ones will be used up during the first application.. but yeah.. it was $1.89 this summer when people were grabbing it up, but it is in the "Look Beautiful for Less" sale flier in the Avon Campaign 21 (goes out October 2nd) if you're interested! I think I got enough last time :)


    ~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
    ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~


    #1982 Camy47

    Camy47
    • Newbie
    • 104 posts

      Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:12 AM

      Ladies,

       

      I know some of you were looking for labels for your OOT bags. In my latest Vistaprint order there was a coupon for free labels if you go to www.vistaprint.com/fall2011

      I think you only get 1 sheet for free, but you might be able to order 1 sheet in each size....that seems to work with postcards and invitations.

       

      Enjoy!



      #1983 JMikla

      JMikla
      • Jr. Member
      • 189 posts

        Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

        I looked on the Avon website and I can't find the $1.89 Aloe.  Is it only available through a representative
         

        Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie 

        I found the G2 packs at grocery store called Hannaford.. not sure how widespread it is in the states, but it is all over Maine.

         

        the Avon aloe is on sale again for this Campaign in AVON, it is $1.99 per bottle and the bottle itself is pretty big, not giant size but I didn't want to get the small travel size aloe personally, since when I get burned (and I always do, and so does my fiancee) we need gobs of it all over our shoulders and back and I figure one of those lil ones will be used up during the first application.. but yeah.. it was $1.89 this summer when people were grabbing it up, but it is in the "Look Beautiful for Less" sale flier in the Avon Campaign 21 (goes out October 2nd) if you're interested! I think I got enough last time :)



         


        Marrying my best friend Dec 3rd, 2011 @ Las Caletas
        70 guests booked and paid and counting....

        #1984 FutureMrsDawson

        FutureMrsDawson
        • Jr. Member
        • 154 posts

          Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:41 AM

          Just FYI for anyone going over to the US for a shopping trip - go to Michaels in the US - they carry the same stuff but the prices are cheaper - so the travel candles I bought here for $24.99 with 50% off was $12.50, in the US I found them for $18.99 + my 50% off coupon came to $9.50.

           

          Pennies add up....



          #1985 torilynnsmith

          torilynnsmith
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,748 posts

            Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:42 AM


            We did our OOT michaels shopping in the US and it frustrates me so much that the $1 items are $1 there and $1.50 here... especially with the state of the dollar right now!  Wake up michaels, time to even the playing field!!

            Originally Posted by FutureMrsDawson 

            Just FYI for anyone going over to the US for a shopping trip - go to Michaels in the US - they carry the same stuff but the prices are cheaper - so the travel candles I bought here for $24.99 with 50% off was $12.50, in the US I found them for $18.99 + my 50% off coupon came to $9.50.

             

            Pennies add up....



             



            #1986 FutureMrsDawson

            FutureMrsDawson
            • Jr. Member
            • 154 posts

              Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:57 AM

              LOL - they are not the only one's torrilynsmith.  I live in Windsor - Detroit is literally 2 minutes away and Walmart over there is always cheaper.  It makes it worth the $8 toll charges to cross.  Even the tunnel charge is out of whack  $4 US each way but $4.75 CDN. 

               

              You learn to live with it and you learn what to go over there and shop for!



              #1987 Laurelyn

              Laurelyn
              • Jr. Member
              • 215 posts

                Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

                As well I've noticed that if I go to the Micheals thats closest to the border in the states that they seem to have to the same price as the Canadian stores but if I go to the one the half an hour down the road they are cheaper.  So confusing and annoying but really whats an extra half an hour to get the better deal.

                 

                Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 


                We did our OOT michaels shopping in the US and it frustrates me so much that the $1 items are $1 there and $1.50 here... especially with the state of the dollar right now!  Wake up michaels, time to even the playing field!!



                 



                 



                #1988 DramaticAnnie

                DramaticAnnie
                • Jr. Member
                • 281 posts

                  Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

                  Sorry I have never ordered through the site, but it is $1.99 Aloe Gel and it is on the last page of the "Look Beautiful for Less" flier that was distributed with the current regular avon books (the Campaign 21 due to Avon October 2nd 2011). The item number is 191-011 if that helps you search for it! Good luck :)

                   

                  Originally Posted by JMikla 

                  I looked on the Avon website and I can't find the $1.89 Aloe.  Is it only available through a representative
                   



                   



                   


                  ~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
                  ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~


                  #1989 JMikla

                  JMikla
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 189 posts

                    Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:37 PM

                    Thanks :) I think I can get my mom to order from her lady as they don't appear to have the sales online. :)


                    Marrying my best friend Dec 3rd, 2011 @ Las Caletas
                    70 guests booked and paid and counting....

                    #1990 JMikla

                    JMikla
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 189 posts

                      Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

                      DSC_0482.JPG

                       

                      DSC_0483.JPG

                       

                      ALMOST Finished shopping.  Now all I have to do is get ear plugs, Advil & Emergen-C. And Gum & snacks from Costco :)

                       

                      Still havent decided on the type of bags I want to put everything in.


                      Marrying my best friend Dec 3rd, 2011 @ Las Caletas
                      70 guests booked and paid and counting....




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users