Jump to content

Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!


  • Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#1771 Sheena2011

Sheena2011
  • Newbie
  • 76 posts

    Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:47 AM

    For every one else out there who's resort charge $6 for a votive and candleholder (yes, that for EACH one), Costco has a pack of 24 LED tealights on for $14.99. At least these won't blow out if it's windy!



    #1772 torilynnsmith

    torilynnsmith
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,748 posts

      Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:06 AM


      I removed it from the Advil, and the Pepto, even though our pepto is just in blister packs.  I then put my pepto sheets in craft zipper bags and created a "topper" with the instructions.  Everything is in the "Wedding Week Survival Kit"  - also removed it from the chapsticks to put on the labels (obviously).  My only suggestion which I forgot with my pepto is to put the expiry date somewhere on there.  My advil, tums, gatorade etc all have it on the individual package (internal) but the pepto does not!!!!  Just a thought.

       

      Here are some pictures to show you what I mean!

       



      Hi girls!
      Silly question about the bags, are you removing the packaging from the travel advils and poly to gos? Every little bit of space helps but wasn't sure if it was better to keep it on?

       

      I LOVE the plastic tumblers, I picked one up at Superstore for my morning smoothies the other day but here is what I have found.  Even though they are double insulated they don't keep my drink cold for as long as I would expect.  They basically work the same as the starbucks style disposable cup they are modelled after.  We considered doing these but opted for Bubba Mugs and I will tell you why.  

       

      - the bubba mugs keep drinks cold for 12 hours and hot for 8 hours, not that ANYONE should need this but there is nothing worse than a watery pina colada.  Also we are canadian so they can use them for their coffee in the winter (hot) and their beer in the summer at the cottage (cold)  

       

       - They can be used for beer or mixed drinks as well as blended and thicker drinks.  I don't know many people who will drink their beer from the straw and therefore with the double walled insulated cups would need to take the lid off to make use of it.  This isnt a bad thing as it will be bigger than the cups at the resort but what do they do with the lib and straw... carry it with them? Leave is in their room?  With the travel mug they can simply stick the straw through the drink hole if they choose or use it as they regularly would

       

      I think either way is a good route as those small little cups are useless and by the time u get to your chair your drink is warm or melted, but those are my pro-cons for the tumblers versus a travel mug style.  I don't think many of our guests would think to bring it but I know they will be happy to have it! The bartenders just rinse them out and they can have any new drink they want, it is not like they are stuck with beer if they started with beer etc.  I am sure even your FI will appreciate having a larger cup for his drink as opposed to the 5oz shooter cups you get.  Head to Canadian Tire and get him a 54oz bubba lol he will only need 1 refill a day!


       

      Originally Posted by amjohnson 

      Ladies,

      I want your advice? I bought plastic tumblers with straws a few weeks ago for my oot bags instead of coffee cups like a lot of you are doing. I thought my guests would use them just as much and you can still put coffee in them as they are double walled. But, my fiance thinks it is a crazy idea...waste of space and doesn't think our guests will use them. I don't agree...thoughts? I have been to all inclusives before and I know they give you drinks in small plastic glasses and having a tumbler is more convenient. He hasn't been to an all inclusive.

       

      Advice? I don't want to give them if my guests aren't going to use them.Thanks!



       

      Ahhhh love that you got the sea shell soap from dollarama... it is so perfect!!!!
       

      Originally Posted by luvmoo 

      Hey! I removed the packaging from mine, as i put them inside of a  holy Sh!t kit heheh i will attach a pic to show you as I put some together just yesterday.. it save alot of room.. and then i just put directions on the back of the label for anything that was removed from the packaging... see below :)

       



      For every one else out there who's resort charge $6 for a votive and candleholder (yes, that for EACH one), Costco has a pack of 24 LED tealights on for $14.99. At least these won't blow out if it's windy!



       

      Attached Files



      #1773 luvmoo

      luvmoo
      • Member
      • 503 posts

        Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:40 AM


        Yes it is! it is the little first aid kits from Dollerama and then i just printed the label on sticker paper :)
         

        Originally Posted by Manda123 

        These looks great! Is the white container with the label your first aid kit?

         



         



         



        #1774 amjohnson

        amjohnson
        • Site Supporter
        • 340 posts

          Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:52 AM


          Thanks Tori,

          I am really debating taking the tumblers back...thought they were cute as they have our colors...the smaller bugga kegs at Canadian Tire, how much are they? I guess I was trying to keep the cost down but if my guests will get more use out of them, it would be worth it. How many suitcases are you taking? I think that was my FI's main concern...where the h...are you going to put everything...lol...can you tell he's Scottish? I said, darlin, we can each take an extra bag! 20$ each...grrr. I really don't think I have much for the oot bags...the mugs/tumblers are what will take the most room.

           

           

          Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 


          I removed it from the Advil, and the Pepto, even though our pepto is just in blister packs.  I then put my pepto sheets in craft zipper bags and created a "topper" with the instructions.  Everything is in the "Wedding Week Survival Kit"  - also removed it from the chapsticks to put on the labels (obviously).  My only suggestion which I forgot with my pepto is to put the expiry date somewhere on there.  My advil, tums, gatorade etc all have it on the individual package (internal) but the pepto does not!!!!  Just a thought.

           

          Here are some pictures to show you what I mean!

           

          IMG_3229.JPG

           

          IMG_3230.JPG

           

          I think the pepto looks great like this, they are protected and everything for insutrctions and dosage are on teh reverse of the topper

           

          here is the topper I created 

           

           

           

           

           

           

           



           

          I LOVE the plastic tumblers, I picked one up at Superstore for my morning smoothies the other day but here is what I have found.  Even though they are double insulated they don't keep my drink cold for as long as I would expect.  They basically work the same as the starbucks style disposable cup they are modelled after.  We considered doing these but opted for Bubba Mugs and I will tell you why.  

           

          - the bubba mugs keep drinks cold for 12 hours and hot for 8 hours, not that ANYONE should need this but there is nothing worse than a watery pina colada.  Also we are canadian so they can use them for their coffee in the winter (hot) and their beer in the summer at the cottage (cold)  

           

           - They can be used for beer or mixed drinks as well as blended and thicker drinks.  I don't know many people who will drink their beer from the straw and therefore with the double walled insulated cups would need to take the lid off to make use of it.  This isnt a bad thing as it will be bigger than the cups at the resort but what do they do with the lib and straw... carry it with them? Leave is in their room?  With the travel mug they can simply stick the straw through the drink hole if they choose or use it as they regularly would

           

          I think either way is a good route as those small little cups are useless and by the time u get to your chair your drink is warm or melted, but those are my pro-cons for the tumblers versus a travel mug style.  I don't think many of our guests would think to bring it but I know they will be happy to have it! The bartenders just rinse them out and they can have any new drink they want, it is not like they are stuck with beer if they started with beer etc.  I am sure even your FI will appreciate having a larger cup for his drink as opposed to the 5oz shooter cups you get.  Head to Canadian Tire and get him a 54oz bubba lol he will only need 1 refill a day!


           



           

          Ahhhh love that you got the sea shell soap from dollarama... it is so perfect!!!!
           



           

          Thanks for the tip, I love the battery operated tea lights they are the best!!!!! And that is a great price for them!
           



           



           

          Attached Files



          #1775 traceysteve

          traceysteve
          • Jr. Member
          • 328 posts

            Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:58 AM


            I pondered the same thing. Most of my guests have been to AI resorts, so I'm pretty sure they will bring their own. I only bought a couple for my future BIL and his wife, and my MOH and her bf, because I know they haven't been AI before. I really did contemplate the room it takes up though. As much as I loved the idea, especially of the personalized ones, I know I'm going to be ridiculously over-packed. I'm taking mine though!
             

            Originally Posted by amjohnson 

            Ladies,

            I want your advice? I bought plastic tumblers with straws a few weeks ago for my oot bags instead of coffee cups like a lot of you are doing. I thought my guests would use them just as much and you can still put coffee in them as they are double walled. But, my fiance thinks it is a crazy idea...waste of space and doesn't think our guests will use them. I don't agree...thoughts? I have been to all inclusives before and I know they give you drinks in small plastic glasses and having a tumbler is more convenient. He hasn't been to an all inclusive.

             

            Advice? I don't want to give them if my guests aren't going to use them.Thanks!



             



            #1776 torilynnsmith

            torilynnsmith
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,748 posts

              Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:46 AM


              When the small ones were on sale at Canadian Tire they were still $5.99 or so.  They are definitely not CHEAP but we are considering this that "favour" for the wedding.  We will not be giving out any favour at dinner or the reception the day of the wedding.  We also didnt personalize them so saved $$ there AND then people can use them again.  Another idea would be just doing a mug from anywhere.  Dollarama has plastic ones (they had RED too!!!) for $1.25 so it would be an easy way to save the $$ and then people could leave them when they left since for $1.25 if they use them for 7 days thats a good use LOL

               

              We will be needing a suitcase just for our mugs I am pretty sure.  I havent started packing everything up because I am too scared to know how many we will need (I am really banking on our ACV executive class upgrade which would allow 3 bags each!)  We are doing chair sashes, table runners etc. so that minimizes some of the transport as well.  I have been being careful about what we are buying because I don't want to worry about all this stuff either!  Part of the reason I have embraced the "white" in our colour scheme as it is standard LOL

              Originally Posted by amjohnson 


              Thanks Tori,

              I am really debating taking the tumblers back...thought they were cute as they have our colors...the smaller bugga kegs at Canadian Tire, how much are they? I guess I was trying to keep the cost down but if my guests will get more use out of them, it would be worth it. How many suitcases are you taking? I think that was my FI's main concern...where the h...are you going to put everything...lol...can you tell he's Scottish? I said, darlin, we can each take an extra bag! 20$ each...grrr. I really don't think I have much for the oot bags...the mugs/tumblers are what will take the most room.

               

               



               



               



              #1777 beachbum21

              beachbum21
              • Jr. Member
              • 438 posts

                Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

                Hi girls! Found these luggage tags at the dollar store this weekend, 4/1$!

                They are plastic and the loop is a thick rubber.

                Not so bad for .25 cents a piece!

                Luggage tags.jpg



                #1778 beachbum21

                beachbum21
                • Jr. Member
                • 438 posts

                  Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

                  Can anyone tell me where to buy the shout wipes (cheap) and the bug repellent wipes?

                  Also, would costco or walmart be better for rolls of tums?

                   

                  Thanks girls!



                  #1779 Manda123

                  Manda123
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 380 posts

                    Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:08 PM

                    Great find! Was this at a Dollarama? Where are you in Canada? I would love to pick these up....

                     

                    As for the shout wipes, they don't carry them in Canada as far as I know. Most of these girls bought them in the states. You could find them from websites like minimus.biz or ebay. Not sure about the bug wipes!

                     

                    Originally Posted by beachbum21 

                    Hi girls! Found these luggage tags at the dollar store this weekend, 4/1$!

                    They are plastic and the loop is a thick rubber.

                    Not so bad for .25 cents a piece!

                    Luggage tags.jpg



                     



                    #1780 amjohnson

                    amjohnson
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 340 posts

                      Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

                      Although I didn't seem much else there, Giant Tiger had bug repellent wipes by the tills. I want shout wipes too and think I will have to order online or get FI to get them when he goes to Vegas on Conference...I so want to go in the suitcase...just so I can shop!!lol....
                       

                      Originally Posted by beachbum21 

                      Can anyone tell me where to buy the shout wipes (cheap) and the bug repellent wipes?

                      Also, would costco or walmart be better for rolls of tums?

                       

                      Thanks girls!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users