Jump to content

Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!


  • Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#1671 all the love

all the love
  • Site Supporter
  • 133 posts

    Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:25 AM


    I've never seen them for free, and I've been watching for quite a while. I was thinking about ordering the return address labels and cutting them to round the corners to get a similar effect, but I'm the same as you, kind of had my heart set on the round ones!
     

    Originally Posted by MJKH 

    GIRLS...you'd be proud!  I'm really getting the hang of Vistaprint.  I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, but I figured out that it does some really neat things.  Just wondering, has anyone ever seen the round or oval stickers for free?  Should I hold out or just pay for them?  I know I could do them on return address labels, but I have my heart set on a different shape.  



     



    #1672 MJKH

    MJKH
    • Site Supporter
    • 654 posts

      Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:34 AM

      I know...all of my guests will not be getting a complete "VP" kit by any stretch...bags for the attendants and mothers...a bag for me...some guests will get a pen and a sticky note...some will get a larger note pad, etc.  I ordered a shirt and wasn't blow away by the quality, so I'm not sure how many of those I'll get.

       

      I priced out what it would cost to send JUST a bag, pen, sticky note and note pad to my address and it's $5.79.
       

      Originally Posted by luvmoo 


      Hahahah Very proud!! and wlecome to the vistaprint bandwagon!! :) I have gotten my welcome booklet covers(brochure) made from there,welcome letter ( rack card) and my room key holder cards( business card) all made from there for free and i love it!!!!

       

      I am still confused though as to how the ladies got enough free things ordered to fill thier OOT bags with.. as you only get one for free... maybe i just missed the post explaining that.. heheheh

       

      I haven't seen the round stickers etc.. however everything i have ever gotten from there has been awesome!! good quality and great printing.. looks professionally done and awesome!! so i would think those would be the same.. and if they are free.. you really can't go wrong! :)
       



       



       



      #1673 MJKH

      MJKH
      • Site Supporter
      • 654 posts

        Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:37 AM

        Thanks for that info...I may just go ahead and order them...I figure by the time I buy the stickers and spend the time setting it up and the ink printing it, I'm probably still further ahead!
         

        Originally Posted by all the love 


        I've never seen them for free, and I've been watching for quite a while. I was thinking about ordering the return address labels and cutting them to round the corners to get a similar effect, but I'm the same as you, kind of had my heart set on the round ones!
         



         



         



        #1674 tamandrob

        tamandrob
        • Jr. Member
        • 349 posts

          Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:29 AM

          I jumped on the vista bandwagon I just put in my first order yesterday and I can't wait to get it! I did find the shipping rather expensive but I can't complain because it was all freebies!


          Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

          32 Booked.......and counting!


          #1675 Camy47

          Camy47
          • Newbie
          • 104 posts

            Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:44 AM


            MJKH,

             

            LOL....it's addictive isn't it?! I've had a few sleepless night b/c of Vista!!

            I have only seen the oval stickers once for free....but that was several months ago. Depending on when your wedding is, you could wait and see if they come up again. Another tip is whenever you are purchasing things at full price, either wait for a free shipping promo (so spend $35 get free shipping) b/c then you don't end up paying shipping on the free items and it is less expensive. Also, if you add the item to your portfolio and don't order them, in about a week you will probably get an email saying 'oops you forgot to order' and they give you like 30% off.

             

            As for the single quantities....just place several individual orders to get around it. So if a bag, pen, sticky note and note pad is $5.79, then place 5 separate orders at that price and voila! Also play around with adding free items to your cart...for some reason sometimes the shipping actually decreases if you add a keychain or pen or other small items.

             

            Originally Posted by MJKH 

            GIRLS...you'd be proud!  I'm really getting the hang of Vistaprint.  I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, but I figured out that it does some really neat things.  Just wondering, has anyone ever seen the round or oval stickers for free?  Should I hold out or just pay for them?  I know I could do them on return address labels, but I have my heart set on a different shape.  



             



            #1676 Camy47

            Camy47
            • Newbie
            • 104 posts

              Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

              MJKH,

               

              LOL....I too have lost many hours of sleep b/c of Vista!!!

               

              I did see the oval stickers come on sale once for free...but that was several months ago. Depending on when your wedding is, you might be able to wait for a bit and see what comes up.

               

              A few more tips:

              If you are going to buy something and actually pay for it *gasp*, do it when they have a free shipping promo (so spend $35 get free priority shipping). This way you get the shipping on your entire order so all the freebies ship at no cost.

               

              Another option is create the item and then add it to your cart but don't order it. About a week after you've done this you will get an email saying 'Oops you forgot to order' and they'll offer you 25-30% off. Sometimes the code is valid site wide too!

               

              You can also try the US site to see if they have better deals. I accidentally did this with my first order and bought everything from the US site during a July 4th sale. They still print/ship the items in Canada...but you get the US pricing.

               

              For those ladies wondering how to fill the OOT bags with vista goodies, you can always place multiple orders for the same thing. So for example if MJKH is able to get a bag, pen, sticky note and note pad for $5.79, she can just place that same order 1 time or 50 times separately. Also play around with adding free items to your cart even if you don't want/need them. For some reason sometimes just by adding in a pen, or keychain the shipping will actually DECREASE!!!



              #1677 Camy47

              Camy47
              • Newbie
              • 104 posts

                Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

                Ladies,

                 

                I need some unbiased opinions! Do my groomsmen need to match my bridesmaids?

                 

                My wedding colours are a deep pink (think magenta) and royal purple. My bridesmaids dresses are in the magenta and will be carrying bouquets of pink and purple flowers. The groomsmen are all in matching beige suits with white shirts. I have looked everywhere for ties to match the bridesmaid dresses but have had no luck. However, I did score an amazing deal at Sears which was a purple tie (with a very subtle design) and cufflinks for $5!!! Is it OK to have the groomsmen wear purple instead of the pink?

                 

                My shoes and a lot of the decor is also purple if that helps.

                 

                Help!!!  :o)



                #1678 luvmoo

                luvmoo
                • Member
                • 503 posts

                  Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:42 AM


                  I think that it would actually look very sharp if your wedding is in two colors.. and the bridesmaids are in one color and the Groomsman are in the accenting color.. I say that is perfectly okay! as it just ties in the colors nicely..  :)
                   

                  Originally Posted by Camy47 

                  Ladies,

                   

                  I need some unbiased opinions! Do my groomsmen need to match my bridesmaids?

                   

                  My wedding colours are a deep pink (think magenta) and royal purple. My bridesmaids dresses are in the magenta and will be carrying bouquets of pink and purple flowers. The groomsmen are all in matching beige suits with white shirts. I have looked everywhere for ties to match the bridesmaid dresses but have had no luck. However, I did score an amazing deal at Sears which was a purple tie (with a very subtle design) and cufflinks for $5!!! Is it OK to have the groomsmen wear purple instead of the pink?

                   

                  My shoes and a lot of the decor is also purple if that helps.

                   

                  Help!!!  :o)



                   



                  #1679 traceysteve

                  traceysteve
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 328 posts

                    Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:51 AM


                    Hahaaaaa...I've lost plenty of sleep because of VP also! I've had to resist and not go on just to 'check things out'! It's amazing how fast the time flies when you're on that site.
                     

                    Originally Posted by Camy47 

                    MJKH,

                     

                    LOL....I too have lost many hours of sleep b/c of Vista!!!

                     

                    I did see the oval stickers come on sale once for free...but that was several months ago. Depending on when your wedding is, you might be able to wait for a bit and see what comes up.

                     

                    A few more tips:

                    If you are going to buy something and actually pay for it *gasp*, do it when they have a free shipping promo (so spend $35 get free priority shipping). This way you get the shipping on your entire order so all the freebies ship at no cost.

                     

                    Another option is create the item and then add it to your cart but don't order it. About a week after you've done this you will get an email saying 'Oops you forgot to order' and they'll offer you 25-30% off. Sometimes the code is valid site wide too!

                     

                    You can also try the US site to see if they have better deals. I accidentally did this with my first order and bought everything from the US site during a July 4th sale. They still print/ship the items in Canada...but you get the US pricing.

                     

                    For those ladies wondering how to fill the OOT bags with vista goodies, you can always place multiple orders for the same thing. So for example if MJKH is able to get a bag, pen, sticky note and note pad for $5.79, she can just place that same order 1 time or 50 times separately. Also play around with adding free items to your cart even if you don't want/need them. For some reason sometimes just by adding in a pen, or keychain the shipping will actually DECREASE!!!



                     



                    #1680 luvmoo

                    luvmoo
                    • Member
                    • 503 posts

                      Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:51 AM

                      OKAY!!!! OOT bag intervention is soo not even a joke at this point... I really DO need an intervention!!!! lol or i need to stop reading these boards!!!!!! hahahahah ( however i am addicted to that too so i would then need a BDW board intervention too!) lol

                       

                      So i went on my lunch hour today and ran to the mall.. and went and got 35 of those La Vive en rose bathing suit bags. They are PERFECT!! cheap and great fillers for the bags!!!! :)

                       

                      Yayyy!

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users