Jump to content

Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!


  • Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#1201 tamandrob

tamandrob
  • Jr. Member
  • 349 posts

    Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:34 PM


    Congrats that's so exciting that you are done! Did you end up getting the bags at the dollar tree? I am going to the states on Wednesday with my bridesmaids to get their dresses is there any stores you recommend or any great must have items? Thanks

    Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

    So I am back from my trip to the US and man do we have the short end of the stick, I FINISHED my OOT bags, there are a few things a need a couple more of but all the major items are done and I am so excited.  That being said I felt very sad for all my fellow Canadian brides and wanted to post every two seconds to ask if anyone needed anything!!!!   If anyone is able to make a trip I would highly recommend it, very worth while and though a big hit on our bank account well worth it!! So excited to be DONE!!!!



     


    Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

    32 Booked.......and counting!


    #1202 torilynnsmith

    torilynnsmith
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,748 posts

      Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:58 PM


      That is so exciting!!! I did get the dollar tree bags, it took 5 dollar trees 3 with no success, 1 with only 1 bags and the last stop had 34 bags so I lucked in.  The only reason we went to the last one was because we saw a lady in another store with one of the bags (as her purse) and asked her when and where she got it, she had bought it the day before and was able to tell us the location and that they had more than 1 so that was a huge score!!!

       

      Here is where I picked up some great finds

       

      Big Lots - never been here before but glad I went in

      -individual gatorade packages box of 8 for $2 (couldn't get these at 4 grocery stores, 2 targets and 1 walmart so was very excited, just be sure to check expiry dates as my wedding is 7 mos out I had to keep thinking of that for any meds etc.)

      -8 notebooks for $2

      -8 bic crystal pens for $0.95

      -4 2oz hand santizers (2 in each pack with aloe) for $1.50

       

      Walmart

      -Bubba Kegs!!!!!!! My best find 32oz kegs for $6.22 (regular $15+ in canada) and 18oz tumblers for $4.98 (regular $11+ in canada)

      -pepto chewable tablets, I first bought the 12 tablets packs because I was going to leave them in the boxes and give one per bags but I couldnt find enough.  These were $1.72 for 12 tablets, I ended up getting the 48 packs (walmart or target) for $4.49 - better deal and I am just going to put 2 sheets (12 tablets) in each bag 

      -Tums 3 rolls for $1.92

       

      Target

      -key card holder zipper proof water resistant pouches pink, blue, green and grey $1 bin

      -mini altoids (mints) $0.99

      -Advil 10ct travel packs $1.97

      -face cloths 8 pack for $3.49 (I have read on trip advisor that our hotel has hand towels but no face cloths, just thought it would be nice addition)

      -Blistex with 15SPF $0.84 each

      -Nail polish remover wipes individaully wrapped 10 pack for $2.69

      -Shout wipes larger 12 pack for $2.69

      -Johnson & Johnson First Aid kits (also available at Walmart) $0.97

       

       

      I posted pictures on another thread, let me know if there is anything you would like to see!!!!!!  The dollar stores were also a great resource but with Walmart and Target being .97 or .99 on most of their travel stuff they were actually a BETTER deal and they are brand name which my mom was happy about! LOL

       

      Originally Posted by tamandrob 


      Congrats that's so exciting that you are done! Did you end up getting the bags at the dollar tree? I am going to the states on Wednesday with my bridesmaids to get their dresses is there any stores you recommend or any great must have items? Thanks



       



       



      #1203 tamandrob

      tamandrob
      • Jr. Member
      • 349 posts

        Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:30 PM


        All this stuff sounds great and I love the prices!!!! I think there is 2 dollar tree stores where we are going so I will have to check them out. I have never heard of Big Lots before so I will have to look into that as well, I love the Gatorade packages! You scored on the bubba kegs I can't get over that price, will have to look into that too! Love the face cloth idea could come in handy always nice to put a cold cloth on your forehead if you get to much sun. Thanks so much for sharing all your great finds, you and your mom must of been so tired from all the running around but I bet it was so worth it!!! I would love to see pics, what thread are the in? I could check them out! When I get back I will let you know how I made out! Thanks again and can't wait to see your pics!!
         

        Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 


        That is so exciting!!! I did get the dollar tree bags, it took 5 dollar trees 3 with no success, 1 with only 1 bags and the last stop had 34 bags so I lucked in.  The only reason we went to the last one was because we saw a lady in another store with one of the bags (as her purse) and asked her when and where she got it, she had bought it the day before and was able to tell us the location and that they had more than 1 so that was a huge score!!!

         

        Here is where I picked up some great finds

         

        Big Lots - never been here before but glad I went in

        -individual gatorade packages box of 8 for $2 (couldn't get these at 4 grocery stores, 2 targets and 1 walmart so was very excited, just be sure to check expiry dates as my wedding is 7 mos out I had to keep thinking of that for any meds etc.)

        -8 notebooks for $2

        -8 bic crystal pens for $0.95

        -4 2oz hand santizers (2 in each pack with aloe) for $1.50

         

        Walmart

        -Bubba Kegs!!!!!!! My best find 32oz kegs for $6.22 (regular $15+ in canada) and 18oz tumblers for $4.98 (regular $11+ in canada)

        -pepto chewable tablets, I first bought the 12 tablets packs because I was going to leave them in the boxes and give one per bags but I couldnt find enough.  These were $1.72 for 12 tablets, I ended up getting the 48 packs (walmart or target) for $4.49 - better deal and I am just going to put 2 sheets (12 tablets) in each bag 

        -Tums 3 rolls for $1.92

         

        Target

        -key card holder zipper proof water resistant pouches pink, blue, green and grey $1 bin

        -mini altoids (mints) $0.99

        -Advil 10ct travel packs $1.97

        -face cloths 8 pack for $3.49 (I have read on trip advisor that our hotel has hand towels but no face cloths, just thought it would be nice addition)

        -Blistex with 15SPF $0.84 each

        -Nail polish remover wipes individaully wrapped 10 pack for $2.69

        -Shout wipes larger 12 pack for $2.69

        -Johnson & Johnson First Aid kits (also available at Walmart) $0.97

         

         

        I posted pictures on another thread, let me know if there is anything you would like to see!!!!!!  The dollar stores were also a great resource but with Walmart and Target being .97 or .99 on most of their travel stuff they were actually a BETTER deal and they are brand name which my mom was happy about! LOL

         



         



         


        Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

        32 Booked.......and counting!


        #1204 torilynnsmith

        torilynnsmith
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,748 posts

          Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

          I posted them in the February 2012 Brides thread!!! I look forward to hearing how your adventure goes!!!! We went over Thursday afternoon and came home Friday afternoon we were very busy and running here there and everywhere but it was really fun and great to be finished!!!



          #1205 DramaticAnnie

          DramaticAnnie
          • Jr. Member
          • 281 posts

            Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

            That's awesome that you scored so much stuff... and I am planning a couple trips to the US before the wedding, so that's great.

             

            I still like to hear about the Canadian deals, anyone notice that Walmart here has the $2 tylenol in a little 10 pack (I think its 10 pack) but not advil? I got a couple of the tylenol's but personally I've been using advil over tylenol since I was a kid. Plus, advil will help relieve pain from a bad sunburn better then tylenol will. I got some of the Advil at like, a Lawtons or something, I think it was 2.29, but yeah you have to keep an eye on the expiry dates..


            ~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
            ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~


            #1206 luvmoo

            luvmoo
            • Member
            • 503 posts

              Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

              Good scores on everything Torilynnsmith! :) i agree.. Canadian Brides definately get the short end of the stick when it comes to prices and variety... I unfortunately will not be taking any trips to the states before my wedding, so i am going to have to order everything ( pepto, advil etc... ) online.. 



              #1207 DramaticAnnie

              DramaticAnnie
              • Jr. Member
              • 281 posts

                Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:41 PM



                Lol, sorry, I meant Kate Aspen, I just finished reading something that had kate spade all over it,

                I got my Kate Spade flip flop manicure sets from Hautelook during one of their events for like $2.50 a set I think.. comes in a case of 12, so I'll have enough for all my BM's and mom's and a couple of lucky random lady guests will get the remainders.. lol

                flip flop thank u.jpg

                 

                 



                 

                 


                ~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
                ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~


                #1208 torilynnsmith

                torilynnsmith
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,748 posts

                  Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

                  HAHA!!!! I was like WOW, I didn't know Kate Spade did manicure sets!!!!!
                   

                  Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie 



                  Lol, sorry, I meant Kate Aspen, I just finished reading something that had kate spade all over it,



                   

                   



                   



                  #1209 traceysteve

                  traceysteve
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 328 posts

                    Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:32 AM


                    HAHAAAA!!! Me too!!
                     

                    Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

                    HAHA!!!! I was like WOW, I didn't know Kate Spade did manicure sets!!!!!
                     



                     



                     



                    #1210 traceysteve

                    traceysteve
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 328 posts

                      Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:35 AM


                      Great job!! I never even thought to go to Dollar Tree...duhhh...just another excuse to cross the border! But, I have been to Big Lots before, it's an odd mish mash of stuff, but perfect for our bags! I can't believe the price of the bubba kegs! was that a sale price or regular price?
                       

                      Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 


                      That is so exciting!!! I did get the dollar tree bags, it took 5 dollar trees 3 with no success, 1 with only 1 bags and the last stop had 34 bags so I lucked in.  The only reason we went to the last one was because we saw a lady in another store with one of the bags (as her purse) and asked her when and where she got it, she had bought it the day before and was able to tell us the location and that they had more than 1 so that was a huge score!!!

                       

                      Here is where I picked up some great finds

                       

                      Big Lots - never been here before but glad I went in

                      -individual gatorade packages box of 8 for $2 (couldn't get these at 4 grocery stores, 2 targets and 1 walmart so was very excited, just be sure to check expiry dates as my wedding is 7 mos out I had to keep thinking of that for any meds etc.)

                      -8 notebooks for $2

                      -8 bic crystal pens for $0.95

                      -4 2oz hand santizers (2 in each pack with aloe) for $1.50

                       

                      Walmart

                      -Bubba Kegs!!!!!!! My best find 32oz kegs for $6.22 (regular $15+ in canada) and 18oz tumblers for $4.98 (regular $11+ in canada)

                      -pepto chewable tablets, I first bought the 12 tablets packs because I was going to leave them in the boxes and give one per bags but I couldnt find enough.  These were $1.72 for 12 tablets, I ended up getting the 48 packs (walmart or target) for $4.49 - better deal and I am just going to put 2 sheets (12 tablets) in each bag 

                      -Tums 3 rolls for $1.92

                       

                      Target

                      -key card holder zipper proof water resistant pouches pink, blue, green and grey $1 bin

                      -mini altoids (mints) $0.99

                      -Advil 10ct travel packs $1.97

                      -face cloths 8 pack for $3.49 (I have read on trip advisor that our hotel has hand towels but no face cloths, just thought it would be nice addition)

                      -Blistex with 15SPF $0.84 each

                      -Nail polish remover wipes individaully wrapped 10 pack for $2.69

                      -Shout wipes larger 12 pack for $2.69

                      -Johnson & Johnson First Aid kits (also available at Walmart) $0.97

                       

                       

                      I posted pictures on another thread, let me know if there is anything you would like to see!!!!!!  The dollar stores were also a great resource but with Walmart and Target being .97 or .99 on most of their travel stuff they were actually a BETTER deal and they are brand name which my mom was happy about! LOL

                       



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users