Jump to content
beachbride2009

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

Recommended Posts

I just bought all of my OOT tote bags from the Dollarama in Calgary....unfortunatley they aren't all the same, but i don't think that really matters too much...they are, however all the same material...woven beach bags...I like them & they are definitley big enough for all the OOT stuff & beach towel. I also bought lip balm (3 for$1.25), hand sanitizer (3 for $1) & first-aid kits for $1.....i'm heading back there today to see what else i can scrounge up!! Loving the dollar store finds...:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never heard od those laundry soap things but it sounds like a great idea. I would also like to know where you can find those.

 

Still no luck on little packages of Tylenol/immodiom but I talked to the pharmacist at walmart and she said they could just give me a bunch of empty prescription pill bottles for free and I can just fill them and create little labels (apparently she used pill bottles filled with jelly beans as favors at her wedding -cute). But I'm worried that my look kinda suspicious to customs lol. Any other suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this same problem, I think you have to buy them online, like on minimus,biz, ebay, etc.

 

I ran out of time and found the shipping rates to Canada WAY too high.   Yesterday I ended up making baggies and customized labels using cardstock.  I'm really happy with how they turned out.  You can always add immodium or any other pills to the baggies too.

I put these baggies into the First Aid kits.

Survival Kit.JPG
 

Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post

I've never heard od those laundry soap things but it sounds like a great idea. I would also like to know where you can find those.

Still no luck on little packages of Tylenol/immodiom but I talked to the pharmacist at walmart and she said they could just give me a bunch of empty prescription pill bottles for free and I can just fill them and create little labels (apparently she used pill bottles filled with jelly beans as favors at her wedding -cute). But I'm worried that my look kinda suspicious to customs lol. Any other suggestions?


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackie - thanks for posting these pics I really love how they turned out. I was wondering how to include the instructions for the meds and I like how you printed it up. I think I might end up doing something like this too because you are right - the shipping is insanely high. Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the paper soap, which it says on the back can be used on your hands or small amounts of laundry at Dollarama this week.  I've never seen them there before so I am guessing they are new.  I think (but could be mistaken) it was in the travel section. Or maybe near the hand sanitizer?

I also saw it in a trendy shop here in Toronto but it was $5 for 10 sheets... Dollarama (I love you) it was 25 sheets for a dollar.



 

Originally Posted by akua420 View Post

Dollarama in Edmonton had those tablets that you add water to and it turns into a cloth?  They have packs of them, and they were in a pill pack almost, so we're going to get a bunch and break them down and add them to our oops kit. 

 

I'm keeping my eyes open for the little sheets of laundry soap that come in a plastic container like the mouth wash strips, and its laundry soap so you can wash clothes in the sink.  I want to look for those and add them to the kit in case somebody spills something, they can wash it quick themselves.  ANybody see them somewhere?

 

Thanks!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks so much!!!!  I work across the street from a dollarama downtown so now I know what I'm going to do for my lunch!

 

Another thing I'm going to do (but just for me, my FI, and our parents), I've seen the terry cloth lounge chair covers online, and I'm going to try to make my own.  I'm not very good at sewing but I"m going to do a test run with one of the dogs towels, see how it goes then get beach towels on sale and use them.  Anyone see any beach towels on sale cheap?  I've been looking but they look pretty much sold out!
 

Originally Posted by PaperBagPrincess View Post

I found the paper soap, which it says on the back can be used on your hands or small amounts of laundry at Dollarama this week.  I've never seen them there before so I am guessing they are new.  I think (but could be mistaken) it was in the travel section. Or maybe near the hand sanitizer?

I also saw it in a trendy shop here in Toronto but it was $5 for 10 sheets... Dollarama (I love you) it was 25 sheets for a dollar.



 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw them at walmart where all the travel stuff is!!
 

Originally Posted by akua420 View Post

Dollarama in Edmonton had those tablets that you add water to and it turns into a cloth?  They have packs of them, and they were in a pill pack almost, so we're going to get a bunch and break them down and add them to our oops kit. 

 

I'm keeping my eyes open for the little sheets of laundry soap that come in a plastic container like the mouth wash strips, and its laundry soap so you can wash clothes in the sink.  I want to look for those and add them to the kit in case somebody spills something, they can wash it quick themselves.  ANybody see them somewhere?

 

Thanks!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by jackie_c View Post

I had this same problem, I think you have to buy them online, like on minimus,biz, ebay, etc.

 

I ran out of time and found the shipping rates to Canada WAY too high.   Yesterday I ended up making baggies and customized labels using cardstock.  I'm really happy with how they turned out.  You can always add immodium or any other pills to the baggies too.

I put these baggies into the First Aid kits.

Survival Kit.JPG
 


 


Where did you get the pepto in the sealed package like that?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They sell them at any regular store (Safeway, Shopper, etc).  They come in a 48 pack of chewable pepto tablets.  Each sheet has 6 tablets, then I just cut them into 2's :)
 

Originally Posted by Cindy* View Post



 


Where did you get the pepto in the sealed package like that?
 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×