CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

I am trying to keep mine at about $10 per person. That is letting me order personalized insulated travel mugs (not sure if using discount mugs or a local vendor yet), a cotton tote bag, hand sanitizer, lip balm with spf, gum, munchies, bandaids, pen, small notepad and a printed out sheet of common spanish phrases and a short info packet on the resort and Tulum (still haven't made this up). I also got free postcards made up by Vista print for each person's bag. The bags will actually be one per couple and then the wedding party and our parents will get a larger bag with a few more items in them.

Hope this helps! There were a few threads on here that listed what people used in their OOT bag and what was not used, so I tried to pick the most common things and left th eother stuff out.

Okay girls.... I think, *THINK* I may have found a solution to all our travel-mug-buying woes!!!!

Now before I reveal what I hope to be a HUGE find for us all, I have to say that I have NOT yet ordered my mugs yet although this IS the site I'll be using once I have my final numbers after my RSVP deadline at the end of January.

AND you will require time and patience once you get on to the website.

Hahaha, so now that I've got you all totally curious about what the heck I'm talking about, here it is...www.promopays.ca

I stumbled across this site in one of my many repeated searches online to try and 'randomly' come across a site that I could order my mugs from without high prices or worries about duty taxes when ordering from the US.

PromoPays is a Canadian company based in Southern Ontario and advertise as a supplier for many of the universities there as well. I almost wish that I'd found their site before even starting my OOT bags because they have EVERYTHING - if you have the time and patience to find it. The tricky part about this site is that for each individual product they sell, there are tons and tons of different prices and quantities that you have to sort through to find what works for you. And they aren't listed in any specific way, just very random.

I found what worked best (and yes, this was sorting through probably 60 pages worth of mugs) was to go in knowing what kind of mug I wanted (size, shape, style etc) and roughly what I'd be willing to spend - a range at least. Then once I started going through the pages I would print off the main page if it fit my criteria. I think I ended up with close to 30 pages to sort through but in the end I had narrowed my search down to three mugs I think. So in one offer Mug A was 96 for $5.85ea ($562) and in another offer Mug A was 144 for $3.72 ($536). So if you don't mind an extra few mugs, you can actually end up paying less!! Just make sure you read the descriptions to because some mugs that look the same will be dishwasher safe for one and hand wash only for the other.

So now that I've rambled on telling everyone how to search a website (sorry!) I hope it helps a few of you when buying your mugs. I think the smallest order I saw available was for 32 mugs but a lot seem to have a "contact for quote" note as well so if you needed less I'm sure you could get them!

Oh and there are tote bags too :)

LOVE this thread! I've gotten everything so far off of Ebay, but I went to one local dollar store and saw most of the stuff I had purchased online was in-store and around the same price! I'm going to keep shopping locally for now.

For the gal who asked about disposable cameras, I've found TONS on Ebay.ca. Just search for disposable camera lot. I found some as cheap as $1.89 each and they're not expired or anything.

I really hope that site works out for all of us. I think it would be a HUGE bonus to be able to find what we need there. But it's probably a good thing some of their other items have such high minimum order because I'd be able to go a little crazy on there otherwise! LOL!

-meghan