Jump to content
beachbride2009

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

Recommended Posts


Everything is basically DONE!!!! I posted my OOT bag thread awhile ago but then I decided I wanted to add a few things to my Wedding Week Survival Kits so I ended up opening them all (I had already stapled on my bag toppers) much to FIs protest, and added the hair elastics and extra safety pins.  I have been taking these evening (I skipped yoga.... not good for the wedding dress but great for the OOTS) to get everything organized as it has been dominating my living room for the last few weeks!

 

I have my Mugs packed in a rubbermaid as well as my Survival kit stuff I haven't put in kits yet in a rubbermaid, everything is in reusable bags and such in my spare room stacked in the corner lol  I think I am going to start putting the suitcases together so that I know where I am at and also so I stop looking at it and close the door on my OOTS..... my biggest problem has been this is my FAVOURITE thread and I can't stop coming back to see what everyone is up to!!! I can't loose you ladies!! LOL  

 

I can't decide whether to put the bags together and then pack them or pack everything dismantled and put the bags together when we get there.  I have tried to make it easy on us so there are not a lot of elements so all the "little stuff" is in the survival kit.  Also I don't want to attach my bag tags and them get all bent out of shape so I think I will keep it separate and FI and my parents and sister and I will have to go at them when we first arrive!!!!

 

 

 

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

Tori,

 

I gather it's the same as nimrod ....etc But I have never heard it before either. My fiance is from Scotland and the equivalent for them is twat....

 

Thanks for the feedback on my monograms. Now I can make labels and stuff for the oot bags. Did you say that you are putting almost everything together now and putting it in storage?

I like that idea, but I also want to make packing my suitcases the easiest possible.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great idea! I am hoping to have all the buying done in the next week or so and labels done. I was going to pack the oot bags flat and do like you...get help assembling when we get there...while enjoying a margarita or two!!!
 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post


Everything is basically DONE!!!! I posted my OOT bag thread awhile ago but then I decided I wanted to add a few things to my Wedding Week Survival Kits so I ended up opening them all (I had already stapled on my bag toppers) much to FIs protest, and added the hair elastics and extra safety pins.  I have been taking these evening (I skipped yoga.... not good for the wedding dress but great for the OOTS) to get everything organized as it has been dominating my living room for the last few weeks!

 

I have my Mugs packed in a rubbermaid as well as my Survival kit stuff I haven't put in kits yet in a rubbermaid, everything is in reusable bags and such in my spare room stacked in the corner lol  I think I am going to start putting the suitcases together so that I know where I am at and also so I stop looking at it and close the door on my OOTS..... my biggest problem has been this is my FAVOURITE thread and I can't stop coming back to see what everyone is up to!!! I can't loose you ladies!! LOL  

 

I can't decide whether to put the bags together and then pack them or pack everything dismantled and put the bags together when we get there.  I have tried to make it easy on us so there are not a lot of elements so all the "little stuff" is in the survival kit.  Also I don't want to attach my bag tags and them get all bent out of shape so I think I will keep it separate and FI and my parents and sister and I will have to go at them when we first arrive!!!!

 

 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


FI has his first Pina Colada (w/o alcohol unfortunately) from freshly squeezed the other day and now he can't wait to have a few pina coladas when we're down south!!!!! Perhaps we'll get a pitcher and get pumping our our OOTs!!!

 

I know it has been discussed a million times but how is everyone giving out their oots?

 

Welcome Dinner/Drinks?

Individual Room Deliveries?

Have them delivered by the resort staff?  (this makes me nervous..... theres good stuff in there!)

 

I really want to do that FI and I go to everyones rooms to drop off their OOTs to give them that One on One quick minute, thank them for coming etc. but when would everyone be in their rooms?! Do we carry 40 OOT bags around with us or go with 1 bag at a time going back to our room every time! I just don't know how to make this work!!!!!!  I am feeling so dumb lately, it seems like I am over thinking EVERY detail!!!

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

Great idea! I am hoping to have all the buying done in the next week or so and labels done. I was going to pack the oot bags flat and do like you...get help assembling when we get there...while enjoying a margarita or two!!!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having mine delivered to the guests 1 week before we leave. :) It is costing me $7 per bag, but worth not having to worry about packing it all and handing them out!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


hehehe or it could be just a "jen"expression.. i honestly don't remember where i got that from... ;)  Yeah at BBW( heheh) i ended up hitting their 1$ lotion sale, so i got all the travel size lotions on for 1 dollar a piece.. i was soo happy cause i LOVE the lotions from there.. and they were the new signature scents. so they are all awesome!! :)

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

LMAO...winder licker...never heard that one before...must be a Calgarian expression;)

 

So yes I meant Bath and Body Works when I replied back with bbw. I went today and the mini sanitizers are 5 for 5$ right now and they have cool scents, mojitos(my favorite drink), peach,strawberry. Anyhow, I could of got carried away with lotion and candles but then I remember the post I read earlier today from the bride to be who packed all her stuff and had 8 bags!!!

Yikes.
 



 



 


hahahah That's awesome

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

Geez, I think I am the window licker as I didn't even spell it right!
 



 



 


hehe a window licker is equivalent to needing a helmet... heheh i bounce between the two sayings.. needing a helmet.. or a window licker.. same thing :) but some people get offended.. especially with the helmet one.. so i thought i would try to tone it down a bit.. cause i don't want to offend anyone.  i am glad it made you laugh out loud.. feel free to use it! :) heheheh

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post


OMG WHAT IS A WINDOW LICKER?!! hahahah I laughed out loud to this!!!!!!!



 


Natalie where did you find these?!?! Very cute addition!!!! 



 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Was that back in June or is it still going on?! I think I may go pick up the lotions, I picked up Bubble Bath for just my parents and Bridesmaids but I just can;t quit the OOT!!!!

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post


hehehe or it could be just a "jen"expression.. i honestly don't remember where i got that from... ;)  Yeah at BBW( heheh) i ended up hitting their 1$ lotion sale, so i got all the travel size lotions on for 1 dollar a piece.. i was soo happy cause i LOVE the lotions from there.. and they were the new signature scents. so they are all awesome!! :)



 


hahahah That's awesome



 


hehe a window licker is equivalent to needing a helmet... heheh i bounce between the two sayings.. needing a helmet.. or a window licker.. same thing :) but some people get offended.. especially with the helmet one.. so i thought i would try to tone it down a bit.. cause i don't want to offend anyone.  i am glad it made you laugh out loud.. feel free to use it! :) heheheh



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have decided that in my welcome book that i made... we put in there for everyone to meet us at the lobby bar the evening we get in.. ( we get in at 5, asked to meet up for 8:30) and we would give everyone the bags then.. and sit and have a few hellos and thank you's to each person as we give them the bags. That way they get a one on one greeting, but everyone is in the same room, so it makes it easier at the same time.. I didn't want to do it at the airport because of the fluids and such in the kits, but i didn't want the extra cost of relying on strangers to deliver them either... 
 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post


FI has his first Pina Colada (w/o alcohol unfortunately) from freshly squeezed the other day and now he can't wait to have a few pina coladas when we're down south!!!!! Perhaps we'll get a pitcher and get pumping our our OOTs!!!

 

I know it has been discussed a million times but how is everyone giving out their oots?

 

Welcome Dinner/Drinks?

Individual Room Deliveries?

Have them delivered by the resort staff?  (this makes me nervous..... theres good stuff in there!)

 

I really want to do that FI and I go to everyones rooms to drop off their OOTs to give them that One on One quick minute, thank them for coming etc. but when would everyone be in their rooms?! Do we carry 40 OOT bags around with us or go with 1 bag at a time going back to our room every time! I just don't know how to make this work!!!!!!  I am feeling so dumb lately, it seems like I am over thinking EVERY detail!!!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Lol! Thanks!

I thought about the sewing kits but didn't think they would get used so I'll have one, and maybe I'll put them in the BM & Parent bags but I really don't think everyone will use them. They are super cute though! I love the ones Tori got :)

Are you in Toronto? We have a BBW outlet here so everything in there is super cheap!! it's awesome!

 

 

Hey where is the bbw outlet in Toronto? I bought a bunch of stuff at an outlet in Illinois but I didn't know we had one!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I got those in July... i don't think it is still going on unfortunately.. but i know they have other 1$ deals.. i am like amjohnson heheheh i wanna keep going but i can't stop thinking about the 8 bags of luggage.. and how i will get all this.. plus my decorations etc.. to jamaica.. if i keep it up.. lol i am trying to learn self control!! eiiikkkk... it isn't working.. but i am sure trying!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post


Was that back in June or is it still going on?! I think I may go pick up the lotions, I picked up Bubble Bath for just my parents and Bridesmaids but I just can;t quit the OOT!!!!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

FI has his first Pina Colada (w/o alcohol unfortunately) from freshly squeezed the other day and now he can't wait to have a few pina coladas when we're down south!!!!! Perhaps we'll get a pitcher and get pumping our our OOTs!!!

 

I know it has been discussed a million times but how is everyone giving out their oots?

 

Welcome Dinner/Drinks?

Individual Room Deliveries?

Have them delivered by the resort staff?  (this makes me nervous..... theres good stuff in there!)

 

I really want to do that FI and I go to everyones rooms to drop off their OOTs to give them that One on One quick minute, thank them for coming etc. but when would everyone be in their rooms?! Do we carry 40 OOT bags around with us or go with 1 bag at a time going back to our room every time! I just don't know how to make this work!!!!!!  I am feeling so dumb lately, it seems like I am over thinking EVERY detail!!!

 

 

I'm not sure who's thread it was in but someone had the idea of borrowing a luggage cart from the resort and delivering them that way. I am definitely thinking of giving them out at the welcome cocktails as many of our guests will travel with us. I wonder how much it would cost to have them delivered to the rooms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Searching for discount wool wedding dresses? Browse David's Bridal wedding dresses for sale, including discount plus size & designer wedding dresses online now!
    • Online shopping for Magic Kits & Accessories from a great selection at Toys & Games Store
    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
  • Topics

×