beachbride2009

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

If you're having a hard time finding cheep bags, ssomeone on another OOT bag thread had the great idea of using pails instead of bags, and found out that with a plastic shovel they became a hugely popular thing for both kids and big kids at heart. All these would be in the dollar stores as we speak.

That's a really cute idea Krishna!

I'm not sure where we're distributing the bags yet either. I don't know how much guests 100% yet. Once I know I'll have a better idea of what I want to do. My only fear of giving them out here at home before we leave, is people forgetting to bring them or not even bothering. That's why I really want to give them once we're there!!

I agree with you. I'm going to bring everything down and distribute at the welcome dinner I'm planning on having. I found some great bags at Indigo and they were 50% off. Still $10.00/per bag but nicest that I've found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julloy View Post
That's a really good idea! How many guests do you have?
We've only got about 17 guests and most live within an hour drive. For my brother who lives 5 hours away I can just bring his bag to the airport.

Great idea to have a Canadian resource site! Dollarama seems to be a great place, as well as buck or two and the dollar store. Make sure to check out the thread with an entire list breaking down all items that have been used. I took a lot of ideas from it! :) Apparently right now is the best time to buy, esp with summer coming to and end. So if you have a ball park its a good idea to get started early on purchasing some items.

Wow great thread...just found it! I am a Vancouver area bride who has gotten some GREAT deals in the last few weeks that I hope you find useful!

Micheals: pails for $.60 a piece, $1 for packing lists(40 in a pack, cute to throw in with our postcard invites), really cute luggage tages, leather look, good for older guests too, all colours 2 for $3.50. I also found a box of really cute laser cut wooden fans, 18 for $30 but will use a 40%off coupon that I will attach a pretty ribbon to for all the female guests. The fans are not tacky and you can see them on the website.

EFADS (Evereything For Under a Dollar-Langley) 3 packs of full size playing cards for a buck

Vista Print Great for invites, labels, iteneraries etc.

****ALSO****Was at Michael's yesterday and was given a coupon for this Saturday only (August 15th, 4hours) 25% your entire purchase, sale stuff too! Could be a great way to save alot of money!!

Good luck and happy shopping :)

We are not doing the oot bags as we are expecting between 50 and 60 people to join us and we thought that once we started to fill the bags, it would start to get a little expensive. Don't want to be cheap but do want to give something nice.

For those who want to do something different, I went to Bowrings and found a candle set - three candles - Sun, Sand & Surf for $ 4.99, they were on clearance for 75% off the original price. We will give the candle sets to each couple and then buy something different for the single gals & guys. Gals - maybe the picture coasters - glass with places for pictures. Guys - not sure yet. As the candle sets are rather heavy, we thought we would give our thank you for coming away with us gifts to everyone just prior to us leaving for the south.

Any thoughts

i cannot believe i didnt find this site sooner!!! I am so excited now! thanks for all the tips ladies, as soon as i start finding deals, ill let you know!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow great thread...just found it! I am a Vancouver area bride who has gotten some GREAT deals in the last few weeks that I hope you find useful!

Micheals: pails for $.60 a piece, $1 for packing lists(40 in a pack, cute to throw in with our postcard invites), really cute luggage tages, leather look, good for older guests too, all colours 2 for $3.50. I also found a box of really cute laser cut wooden fans, 18 for $30 but will use a 40%off coupon that I will attach a pretty ribbon to for all the female guests. The fans are not tacky and you can see them on the website.

EFADS (Evereything For Under a Dollar-Langley) 3 packs of full size playing cards for a buck

Vista Print Great for invites, labels, iteneraries etc.

****ALSO****Was at Michael's yesterday and was given a coupon for this Saturday only (August 15th, 4hours) 25% your entire purchase, sale stuff too! Could be a great way to save alot of money!!

Good luck and happy shopping :)

Thanks for all of the great ideas! I have just started OOT shopping and I lucked out and found my bags already. I went to Liquidation World and found some really cute aqua coloured bags that are waterproof inside - they were 2/$3.00. Yippee!!! I also found the cards in the plastic cases from Micheal's. I think I will wait until closer to the date to buy the meds/sunscreen etc...

My big problem is finding the key car/tipholders... Anybody know where I can find the ones that have the top that closes? Also, any idea where I can get luggage tags? I want to print up the insert myself but I need the clear plastic cover with plastic "rope" thing to attach them to the suitcases.

Any help would be great! Thanks :)