CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

Hey! congrats to your girlfriend and welcome back!! :)

here is the email quote directly from my TA. pertaining to Air Canada Vacations flight :

The baggage allowance in economy class is 1 piece 50lbs each and a 2nd bag is allowed for a fee of $30 per person. In Executive class the baggage allowance is 3 pieces 70lbs each per person.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Alright, first off sorry in advance, I have been away for the last 5 days for my best friends wedding   woot.gif (yay!!! She's a MRS!!!!!) and am just getting caught up lol

Natalie, we will be bringing our OOT with us and giving them to our guests once we arrive.  I am not sure if we will go to each room (if we can get a list) or if we will do a "welcome" drinks thing but I would like to make it personal and a big surprise.  I wouldn't want to give them out at the airport, #1 the hassle of carrying them all in and organizing meeting your guests while lugging all these bags, 2 expecting them to carry them on or put them in their luggage (they may not have space or be allowed!) and 3 the liquids and other items that you can't carry on would be an issue I am afraid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

I've been having the same dilemma... Has anyone thought about giving them out the airport? Would this work with security and customs? With the exception of a handful of people, my group is all flying out together.

Haven't seen them there, will have to check it out! What section were they in?  With all the other travel mugs?

Is it 3 bags between you or 3 bags EACH?! So you are allowed 6 bags total between the 2 of you?! That is amazing! We are with ACV and I heard nothing of this.  Emailing TA now.... gawd she annoys me!

You can also get tide travels like this!!!!!!!  I think is it such a great idea!

Thanks, I think ACV has new rules as the additional bag (economy) is $20 now (each way - not too bad)

I tried searching the ACV website for info on the free upgrade for the bride and groom and can't find anything..... I am hesitant to message my TA before I am certain this is something through ACV...... Can anyone advise as to whether they are receiving the same thing?

I am so jealous of you luvmoo but would love love love if we can get the same upgrade!!! What a huge difference this would make, and a nice touch for the bride and groom!

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

Hey! congrats to your girlfriend and welcome back!! :)

here is the email quote directly from my TA. pertaining to Air Canada Vacations flight :

The baggage allowance in economy class is 1 piece 50lbs each and a 2nd bag is allowed for a fee of $30 per person. In Executive class the baggage allowance is 3 pieces 70lbs each per person.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Thank you!! I will check it out..

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

Natalie, I am going to order from this seller on ebay. Totally reasonable prices and shipping. Just waiting to see how many I will need before buying! If youcheck out the seller's other items you can buy lanyards from them too. I'm sure you will be able to combine shipping! I was going to order from 8 seasons, but I couldn't find anything else to buy from them other than the holders and lanyards.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130489885394&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

if the link doesn't work, the seller is gcishoponline

I don't blame you!! I was offered that promo with two different TA's who were telling me about Air Canada Vacations, and they both stated that is a promo with Air Canada Vacations.. when you do a group wedding booking etc. I would DEFINATLY bring it up to your TA. It is free and so you are totally entitled to it!! I did some looking online also, and this is not my TA, however it is uniglovbe travel that posted up the Air Canada Vacations blurb about free upgrades.. here is the link, and it is at the bottom of the page...  http://www.romantictravel.ca/flash.html

Here is another one i found.. an Article about how ACV has new incentives and promotions.. it also mentioned in there about the free upgrade...  http://www.travelpress.com/PHP/news.php?sid=2676      The other thing you could do is contact air Canada Vacations directly to inquire. 

Here is the air canada website that shows the baggage allowances : http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/airport/baggage/checked.html 

Hope this helps!!!!! 

Quote:

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Thanks, I think ACV has new rules as the additional bag (economy) is $20 now (each way - not too bad)

I tried searching the ACV website for info on the free upgrade for the bride and groom and can't find anything..... I am hesitant to message my TA before I am certain this is something through ACV...... Can anyone advise as to whether they are receiving the same thing?

I am so jealous of you luvmoo but would love love love if we can get the same upgrade!!! What a huge difference this would make, and a nice touch for the bride and groom!

Hi Ladies,

I found a few great deals for the Oot bags. First, small jute bags at Dollarama for 2$. Does anyone know if you can put iron on transfers on Jute? I haven't bought the bags until I know for sure.

Superstore has a great deal on Plastic double wall tumblers, they are clear but have different colored lids, I got blue and red ones as those are my colors. I think they have orange and green, maybe yellow too. Only 5$...most places want 7-9$ and compared to the online prices with shipping, Superstore's prices are the best. I plan on putting on a logo of some kind on them. I thought they would be nice to use for drinks at the resort or coffee...can hold warm drinks too. The cups and glasses they give you are usually small.

If any other Canadian brides to be have any unique ideas to put in the bags, I would love to hear them. I don't want to spend too much on them...the cups were the big expense.

Side note...not sure if you are giving your bridesmaids a gift, but I found really nice silk like pashminas at Le Chateau Outlet store, off white, 20$. Another bride said she was doing that and getting each girl's name embroidered on them. I may just get their initials embroidered in a corner...just an idea!

Luvmoo,

Thank you for the ACV info. I emailed my TA today but I am thinking that we sadly won't qualify for the upgrade as our guests didn't all book with our agent so we couldn't have a group booking :( People from the UK, and U.S...couldn't count as they flew with diff. carriers and others used airmiles. Maybe Air Canada will be gracious and bump us to First Class:) My best friend is flying with us so maybe they will bump her too!

Congrats on buying your dress. Let me know if you post pics in the other dress thread, I would love to see it!

Question,. are you getting married on the beach? I was going to make my own aisle runner to save money, resort wants 100$ to rent me one but looking at Michaels' runners, not sure if they will withstand me walking on it, plus it is long....and if we don't get the 3 bag allowance...there is no way I will have room for it...

Happy Planning!

I don't blame you!! I was offered that promo with two different TA's who were telling me about Air Canada Vacations, and they both stated that is a promo with Air Canada Vacations.. when you do a group wedding booking etc. I would DEFINATLY bring it up to your TA. It is free and so you are totally entitled to it!! I did some looking online also, and this is not my TA, however it is uniglovbe travel that posted up the Air Canada Vacations blurb about free upgrades.. here is the link, and it is at the bottom of the page...  http://www.romantictravel.ca/flash.html

Here is another one i found.. an Article about how ACV has new incentives and promotions.. it also mentioned in there about the free upgrade...  http://www.travelpress.com/PHP/news.php?sid=2676      The other thing you could do is contact air Canada Vacations directly to inquire. 

Here is the air canada website that shows the baggage allowances : http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/airport/baggage/checked.html 

Hope this helps!!!!! 

That would be awesome if you guys get upgraded!!!! hopefully your TA will be able to help ya!keep us posted!!

Thanks i am happy i found it too... i posted pics on the Calgary Brides thread i think it was or maybe it was the thread i started on asking for calgary brides advise and help on where to find one hahaha.. one of those! ;)  but i can post it again if you can't find it hahah

I am getting married on the beach.. and  i hadn't really thought of the aisle runner to be honest.. I am getting married with just foot jewelery and in my bare feet so i doubt i will get the runner... $100 to rent a aisle runner is a tad pricey in my opinion.. lol i have seen some pics where they have no aisle runner but have the giant conch shells as aisle markers.. so i am not too sure how much those are, or if you can get them for free but if you can i think i will just do that!

:)

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

Luvmoo,

Thank you for the ACV info. I emailed my TA today but I am thinking that we sadly won't qualify for the upgrade as our guests didn't all book with our agent so we couldn't have a group booking :( People from the UK, and U.S...couldn't count as they flew with diff. carriers and others used airmiles. Maybe Air Canada will be gracious and bump us to First Class:) My best friend is flying with us so maybe they will bump her too!

Congrats on buying your dress. Let me know if you post pics in the other dress thread, I would love to see it!

Question,. are you getting married on the beach? I was going to make my own aisle runner to save money, resort wants 100$ to rent me one but looking at Michaels' runners, not sure if they will withstand me walking on it, plus it is long....and if we don't get the 3 bag allowance...there is no way I will have room for it...

Happy Planning!

Yeah,

I am silly...really wanted to not walk down the aisle in my bare feet...think I would walk better in sandals...may reconsider it. We may upgrade our wedding package and if so it includes the crazy carpet runner and a few other things.

Are you making your own bare foot jewelry. I have Chelsea's contact info from another thread, but looking at Michael's today I was thinking I could make them myself...for the bridesmaids.

That would be awesome if you guys get upgraded!!!! hopefully your TA will be able to help ya!keep us posted!!

Thanks i am happy i found it too... i posted pics on the Calgary Brides thread i think it was or maybe it was the thread i started on asking for calgary brides advise and help on where to find one hahaha.. one of those! ;)  but i can post it again if you can't find it hahah

I am getting married on the beach.. and  i hadn't really thought of the aisle runner to be honest.. I am getting married with just foot jewelery and in my bare feet so i doubt i will get the runner... $100 to rent a aisle runner is a tad pricey in my opinion.. lol i have seen some pics where they have no aisle runner but have the giant conch shells as aisle markers.. so i am not too sure how much those are, or if you can get them for free but if you can i think i will just do that!

:)

Did you take pics of the tumblers by chance? I'd love to see what these look like! Mugs are my next project!

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

Hi Ladies,

I found a few great deals for the Oot bags. First, small jute bags at Dollarama for 2$. Does anyone know if you can put iron on transfers on Jute? I haven't bought the bags until I know for sure.

Superstore has a great deal on Plastic double wall tumblers, they are clear but have different colored lids, I got blue and red ones as those are my colors. I think they have orange and green, maybe yellow too. Only 5$...most places want 7-9$ and compared to the online prices with shipping, Superstore's prices are the best. I plan on putting on a logo of some kind on them. I thought they would be nice to use for drinks at the resort or coffee...can hold warm drinks too. The cups and glasses they give you are usually small.

If any other Canadian brides to be have any unique ideas to put in the bags, I would love to hear them. I don't want to spend too much on them...the cups were the big expense.

Side note...not sure if you are giving your bridesmaids a gift, but I found really nice silk like pashminas at Le Chateau Outlet store, off white, 20$. Another bride said she was doing that and getting each girl's name embroidered on them. I may just get their initials embroidered in a corner...just an idea!

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

Did you take pics of the tumblers by chance? I'd love to see what these look like! Mugs are my next project!

Hi Manda, I have no pics yet but found one online for you, looks the same but without text.