Jump to content
beachbride2009

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

Recommended Posts

Hey brides (and grooms)

So I know I have posted alot, sorry!! but I am just so excited about all of my great finds, and figured I would share how much I got to put things into perspective!

After mulling it over with my FI, we decided NOT to buy those travel kits up top, really.... everyone will probably bring their own toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving gear etc. (I still really like the Idea, but he wanted to know why we would pay 400 bucks to buy something everyone already had). ... which I can kind of agree with! 

With that being said, my OOT bags contain the following (I have listed a break down of what they all are costing PER PERSON -- If anything came in packages of 2 or more, I opened them up and put one per bag, with the exception of the leis and tissues and ID badge holder if it was for couples! (I have 65 people, and am doing a bag for every couple and every single so I have 37 bags):0.

The Bag (12 pack- Bought from Oriental Trading CO online) ------------------------------------------------------- 0.83 per person.
Lip Balm (packs of 2- from dollarama) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 0.50 per person
First aid (Dollarama)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1.25 per person
Tissues (Packs of 8 -Dollarama)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.25 per person (I gave 2 per bag)
Leis (5 packs- Dollarama)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.20 per person (I gave out 2 for couples and 1 for singles - 65 in total)
Hand Sanitizer (2- Pack)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.50 per person
Tylenol - (travel sized contains 10 tabs- Walmart)-----------------------------------------------------------------------2.00 per person
Equate brand Stomach Relief (48 tabs, 8 rows of 6 tab sheets - Walmart)-----------------------------------------0.81 per person (I gave out one of the sheets that have 6 tabs per bag)
Tums (3 Life saver sized rolls for travel - Walmart)----------------------------------------------------------------------0.71 per person
Wrist band for key holder - (12 pack- Oriental Express)--------------------------------------------------------------- 0.25 per person
ID badge hodler for room key -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.39 per person (I got a pack of 100 but will only need 65, so I will have 35 extra to resell
Jamaican Tour Guide (Contacted the tourist board)--------------------------------------------------------------------FREE!!!!!
Welcome Letter----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIY
Thank you card----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIY
Itinerary of the week/popular excursions----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIY
Timeline of wedding day------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ DIY

For a whopping total of 8.66 per bag (under my 10.00 budget!!!

I may still add pashmina`s to the girls bags, we shall see!.... Because we were under budget for this, we could still afford to give out wedding favors (Which I REALLY wanted to do) so we ordered personalized shot glasses which are arriving next week (They have a palm tree, our names, the location, and date all in my wedding colors), they came to 140 for 72!!! for some reason it was cheaper to buy 72 than 65, so that is only costing like 2.00 per person!!

Sorry for the novel, I just thought this may help people looking to save like myself!!!! Hope someone gets some use of this

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great thanks for breaking it all down, you did an awesome job!!!!  I would love to see a pic when you get them all done!

 

Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post

Hey brides (and grooms)

So I know I have posted alot, sorry!! but I am just so excited about all of my great finds, and figured I would share how much I got to put things into perspective!

After mulling it over with my FI, we decided NOT to buy those travel kits up top, really.... everyone will probably bring their own toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving gear etc. (I still really like the Idea, but he wanted to know why we would pay 400 bucks to buy something everyone already had). ... which I can kind of agree with! 

With that being said, my OOT bags contain the following (I have listed a break down of what they all are costing PER PERSON -- If anything came in packages of 2 or more, I opened them up and put one per bag, with the exception of the leis and tissues and ID badge holder if it was for couples! (I have 65 people, and am doing a bag for every couple and every single so I have 37 bags):0.

The Bag (12 pack- Bought from Oriental Trading CO online) ------------------------------------------------------- 0.83 per person.
Lip Balm (packs of 2- from dollarama) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 0.50 per person
First aid (Dollarama)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1.25 per person
Tissues (Packs of 8 -Dollarama)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.25 per person (I gave 2 per bag)
Leis (5 packs- Dollarama)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.20 per person (I gave out 2 for couples and 1 for singles - 65 in total)
Hand Sanitizer (2- Pack)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.50 per person
Tylenol - (travel sized contains 10 tabs- Walmart)-----------------------------------------------------------------------2.00 per person
Equate brand Stomach Relief (48 tabs, 8 rows of 6 tab sheets - Walmart)-----------------------------------------0.81 per person (I gave out one of the sheets that have 6 tabs per bag)
Tums (3 Life saver sized rolls for travel - Walmart)----------------------------------------------------------------------0.71 per person
Wrist band for key holder - (12 pack- Oriental Express)--------------------------------------------------------------- 0.25 per person
ID badge hodler for room key -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.39 per person (I got a pack of 100 but will only need 65, so I will have 35 extra to resell
Jamaican Tour Guide (Contacted the tourist board)--------------------------------------------------------------------FREE!!!!!
Welcome Letter----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIY
Thank you card----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIY
Itinerary of the week/popular excursions----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIY
Timeline of wedding day------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ DIY

For a whopping total of 8.66 per bag (under my 10.00 budget!!!

I may still add pashmina`s to the girls bags, we shall see!.... Because we were under budget for this, we could still afford to give out wedding favors (Which I REALLY wanted to do) so we ordered personalized shot glasses which are arriving next week (They have a palm tree, our names, the location, and date all in my wedding colors), they came to 140 for 72!!! for some reason it was cheaper to buy 72 than 65, so that is only costing like 2.00 per person!!

Sorry for the novel, I just thought this may help people looking to save like myself!!!! Hope someone gets some use of this

 

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


for sure! It may not be for a while! I am not getting married until January, but all of the stuff usually is cheaper in the summer because of camping trips =)
 

Originally Posted by tamandrob View Post

This is great thanks for breaking it all down, you did an awesome job!!!!  I would love to see a pic when you get them all done!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


You are ridiculously organized...I'm green with envy!!
 

Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post

Hey brides (and grooms)

So I know I have posted alot, sorry!! but I am just so excited about all of my great finds, and figured I would share how much I got to put things into perspective!

After mulling it over with my FI, we decided NOT to buy those travel kits up top, really.... everyone will probably bring their own toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving gear etc. (I still really like the Idea, but he wanted to know why we would pay 400 bucks to buy something everyone already had). ... which I can kind of agree with! 

With that being said, my OOT bags contain the following (I have listed a break down of what they all are costing PER PERSON -- If anything came in packages of 2 or more, I opened them up and put one per bag, with the exception of the leis and tissues and ID badge holder if it was for couples! (I have 65 people, and am doing a bag for every couple and every single so I have 37 bags):0.

The Bag (12 pack- Bought from Oriental Trading CO online) ------------------------------------------------------- 0.83 per person.
Lip Balm (packs of 2- from dollarama) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 0.50 per person
First aid (Dollarama)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1.25 per person
Tissues (Packs of 8 -Dollarama)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.25 per person (I gave 2 per bag)
Leis (5 packs- Dollarama)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.20 per person (I gave out 2 for couples and 1 for singles - 65 in total)
Hand Sanitizer (2- Pack)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.50 per person
Tylenol - (travel sized contains 10 tabs- Walmart)-----------------------------------------------------------------------2.00 per person
Equate brand Stomach Relief (48 tabs, 8 rows of 6 tab sheets - Walmart)-----------------------------------------0.81 per person (I gave out one of the sheets that have 6 tabs per bag)
Tums (3 Life saver sized rolls for travel - Walmart)----------------------------------------------------------------------0.71 per person
Wrist band for key holder - (12 pack- Oriental Express)--------------------------------------------------------------- 0.25 per person
ID badge hodler for room key -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.39 per person (I got a pack of 100 but will only need 65, so I will have 35 extra to resell
Jamaican Tour Guide (Contacted the tourist board)--------------------------------------------------------------------FREE!!!!!
Welcome Letter----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIY
Thank you card----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIY
Itinerary of the week/popular excursions----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIY
Timeline of wedding day------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ DIY

For a whopping total of 8.66 per bag (under my 10.00 budget!!!

I may still add pashmina`s to the girls bags, we shall see!.... Because we were under budget for this, we could still afford to give out wedding favors (Which I REALLY wanted to do) so we ordered personalized shot glasses which are arriving next week (They have a palm tree, our names, the location, and date all in my wedding colors), they came to 140 for 72!!! for some reason it was cheaper to buy 72 than 65, so that is only costing like 2.00 per person!!

Sorry for the novel, I just thought this may help people looking to save like myself!!!! Hope someone gets some use of this

 

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Dont be too jealous, I dont have much else to do when my son is napping lol.
 

Originally Posted by traceysteve View Post


You are ridiculously organized...I'm green with envy!!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow amazing break down, I love love love this!!!! I haven't seen the travel meds but $2 for a travel thing of Tylenol is fantastic, I will have to check out Walmart!!!!  This is a stupid question but were the tylenol and tums in the pharmacy section or travel or check out?  Sometimes I find these things hard to find!!!!!
 

Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post

Hey brides (and grooms)

So I know I have posted alot, sorry!! but I am just so excited about all of my great finds, and figured I would share how much I got to put things into perspective!

After mulling it over with my FI, we decided NOT to buy those travel kits up top, really.... everyone will probably bring their own toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving gear etc. (I still really like the Idea, but he wanted to know why we would pay 400 bucks to buy something everyone already had). ... which I can kind of agree with! 

With that being said, my OOT bags contain the following (I have listed a break down of what they all are costing PER PERSON -- If anything came in packages of 2 or more, I opened them up and put one per bag, with the exception of the leis and tissues and ID badge holder if it was for couples! (I have 65 people, and am doing a bag for every couple and every single so I have 37 bags):0.

The Bag (12 pack- Bought from Oriental Trading CO online) ------------------------------------------------------- 0.83 per person.
Lip Balm (packs of 2- from dollarama) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 0.50 per person
First aid (Dollarama)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1.25 per person
Tissues (Packs of 8 -Dollarama)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.25 per person (I gave 2 per bag)
Leis (5 packs- Dollarama)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.20 per person (I gave out 2 for couples and 1 for singles - 65 in total)
Hand Sanitizer (2- Pack)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.50 per person
Tylenol - (travel sized contains 10 tabs- Walmart)-----------------------------------------------------------------------2.00 per person
Equate brand Stomach Relief (48 tabs, 8 rows of 6 tab sheets - Walmart)-----------------------------------------0.81 per person (I gave out one of the sheets that have 6 tabs per bag)
Tums (3 Life saver sized rolls for travel - Walmart)----------------------------------------------------------------------0.71 per person
Wrist band for key holder - (12 pack- Oriental Express)--------------------------------------------------------------- 0.25 per person
ID badge hodler for room key -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0.39 per person (I got a pack of 100 but will only need 65, so I will have 35 extra to resell
Jamaican Tour Guide (Contacted the tourist board)--------------------------------------------------------------------FREE!!!!!
Welcome Letter----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIY
Thank you card----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIY
Itinerary of the week/popular excursions----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIY
Timeline of wedding day------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ DIY

For a whopping total of 8.66 per bag (under my 10.00 budget!!!

I may still add pashmina`s to the girls bags, we shall see!.... Because we were under budget for this, we could still afford to give out wedding favors (Which I REALLY wanted to do) so we ordered personalized shot glasses which are arriving next week (They have a palm tree, our names, the location, and date all in my wedding colors), they came to 140 for 72!!! for some reason it was cheaper to buy 72 than 65, so that is only costing like 2.00 per person!!

Sorry for the novel, I just thought this may help people looking to save like myself!!!! Hope someone gets some use of this

 

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


They were at the pharmacy but just hanging on the end of the drug isle.  Here is the pic if it helps!
 tylenol.jpg 
 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Wow amazing break down, I love love love this!!!! I haven't seen the travel meds but $2 for a travel thing of Tylenol is fantastic, I will have to check out Walmart!!!!  This is a stupid question but were the tylenol and tums in the pharmacy section or travel or check out?  Sometimes I find these things hard to find!!!!!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies,

Have any of you found single-serve pouches of gatorade or some other sports drink to include in your hangover kits? I'm having trouble finding them in amounts smaller than a case of 144. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Searching for discount wool wedding dresses? Browse David's Bridal wedding dresses for sale, including discount plus size & designer wedding dresses online now!
    • Online shopping for Magic Kits & Accessories from a great selection at Toys & Games Store
    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
  • Topics

×