CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

Originally Posted by newbiebridetobe View Post

Good thoughts! Maybe they'll warrant a "use at your own risk" label!

I believe that there are multiple folds that need to happen to prevent water from getting in.....perhaps this would need to be done prior to heading to the pool bar at the beginning of the day versus after someone has indulged a little bit :)

LOL true true!

Proud to say I finished my OOT Bubba Kegs today. Instead of bags, I have stuffed the bubbas with items our guests may need. I prewashed and made name tags from beads to avoid confusion pool/beach side. Each payday I bought one item on my list so it would't be such a big expense!! Here's my list...

- 20 oz Bubba Kegs - 50% off at Canadian Tire this summer, purple for the ladies, black for the men

-Tide Sink Travel Packs - $2 shopper's

- Blue Diamond Salted Almonds (snack packs) - Costco $5 on sale per box 18/box

- Trident Gum - Costco $13 for 24 packs

- Axe mini body spray $2 each Walmart (men only)

- Nail Polish remover Pads - $2.69  Walmart - 6 in each box

- Advil mini's - $2 Dollarama

- Peacock feather earings -(ladies only) $9 for 12 on Ebay (wedding is peacock theme)

- Mini hand sanitizer $1 for 3 pack Dollarama

- Individual wrapped razors - free, thanks YMCA enchanced membership LOL

- wet wips $1 box of 24 Dollarama

- Pepto Bismol $8.98 box of 48 Walmart, cut in strips of 3

- Crystal Light Singles (mixes perfect with water in 20 oz Bubba) $3 per box Walmart, I put 3 different flavours in each mug.

- Tums 3 rolls per pack $2.12 Walmart

- Avon spf 15 lip balm - $10 for 10 on Ebay

Done, Done and Done!!!

Originally Posted by Sunshinybride View Post

Proud to say I finished my OOT Bubba Kegs today. Instead of bags, I have stuffed the bubbas with items our guests may need. I prewashed and made name tags from beads to avoid confusion pool/beach side. Each payday I bought one item on my list so it would't be such a big expense!! Here's my list...

- 20 oz Bubba Kegs - 50% off at Canadian Tire this summer, purple for the ladies, black for the men

- Peacock feather earings -(ladies only) $9 for 12 on Ebay (wedding is peacock theme)

- Crystal Light Singles (mixes perfect with water in 20 oz Bubba) $3 per box Walmart, I put 3 different flavours in each mug.

Done, Done and Done!!!

You're being very generous! These are great!

Done, Done and Done!!!

Nice! Good stuff! I'm doing the same (buying something with each cheque) FI thinks I'm nuts for starting almost a year in advance, but it's easier on the pocket book and one last thing I'll have to worry about . :)  I like the "beaded name" idea, all of our travel mugs will be the same too so it is a good idea!

Also the way I have been doing things as well. My fiancé and I have been putting away money into a savings account each month to pay for all the actuall wedding costs like reception dinner flowers and what not. But I've been buying all the little stuff along the way for the personal touches like my paper straws and purple napkins and the OOT bag stuff. Much easier to have it not impact the wallet so much and also it's hard for him to complain when it's only $20 here and there.

Done, Done and Done!!!

WoW!! That sounds great!! I am very impressed that you have everything ready so soon!! Congrats!!

Your OOT's sound amazing! Your guests will be very pleased! I almost have everything ordered or purchased for ours now, and can't wait to get everything in the mail so I can assemble them. We also did 20oz Bubbas (Purple for girls, navy for boys) and I'm hoping to be able to fit everything in them as well. If not...I bought 50 of those reusable nylon shopping bags in our colour, so we can put the contents in those. Ideally, I'm hoping to be able to put the bags, and the contents of the kits into the bubbas, but I'm not hopeful it will work at this point.

Our contents so far (for 50 ppl! ) are:

-Nylon reusable shopping bags (.59c each from efavormart.com)

-20 oz Bubba Kegs : I ordered them from shopbubba.com as I had a US friend to ship them to. The Canadian Tire sale worked out better if we ended up having to pay duty and shipping, but   luckily we didn't!

-Lanyards/Badge holders for room key/tip money. Got the lanyards/holders from ebay. The inserts with the cute verse on them, we printed using business cards (free promo) from Vistaprint

"Oh Sh!t Kits" contents...

-Individual packets of Shout stain remover wipes (.43 each from minimus.biz)

-Tide Travel Liquid Detergent Sink packets ( 1.06 per 3 pack from minimus.biz)

-Franks Red Hot Sauce (.11 each from minimus.biz)

-antibiotic ointments (.13 each from minimus.biz)

-Antacid Tablets (8.88 for a 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com)

-Anti Diarrhea Tablet (18.30 for a 100ct box from www.first-aid-product.com)

-Electrolyte Tablets (8.62 for 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com)

-Acetamenophin Tabletes (9.51 for 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com)

-Ibuprofen Tablets (12.12 for 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com)

-Motion sickness Tablets (10.08 for 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com)

I still hope to find some hand sanitizer, wet wipes, and kleenex to include, which from reading on here - I'll be checking out the dollar stores for these. I would also really love to get those cheap waterproof rubber digital watches but I'm trying to find them for about $1.00 a piece, and can't seem to find the original place I saw them :(

I can't believe I've been at this for over a year, and now there are only 4 months left! So exciting :)

Done, Done and Done!!!

Your OOT's sound amazing! Your guests will be very pleased! I almost have everything ordered or purchased for ours now, and can't wait to get everything in the mail so I can assemble them. We also did 20oz Bubbas (Purple for girls, navy for boys) and I'm hoping to be able to fit everything in them as well. If not...I bought 50 of those reusable nylon shopping bags in our colour, so we can put the contents in those. Ideally, I'm hoping to be able to put the bags, and the contents of the kits into the bubbas, but I'm not hopeful it will work at this point. Our contents so far (for 50 ppl! ) are: -Nylon reusable shopping bags (.59c each from efavormart.com) -20 oz Bubba Kegs : I ordered them from shopbubba.com as I had a US friend to ship them to. The Canadian Tire sale worked out better if we ended up having to pay duty and shipping, but   luckily we didn't! -Lanyards/Badge holders for room key/tip money. Got the lanyards/holders from ebay. The inserts with the cute verse on them, we printed using business cards (free promo) from Vistaprint "Oh Sh!t Kits" contents... -Individual packets of Shout stain remover wipes (.43 each from minimus.biz) -Tide Travel Liquid Detergent Sink packets ( 1.06 per 3 pack from minimus.biz) -Franks Red Hot Sauce (.11 each from minimus.biz) -antibiotic ointments (.13 each from minimus.biz) -Antacid Tablets (8.88 for a 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com) -Anti Diarrhea Tablet (18.30 for a 100ct box from www.first-aid-product.com) -Electrolyte Tablets (8.62 for 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com) -Acetamenophin Tabletes (9.51 for 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com) -Ibuprofen Tablets (12.12 for 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com) -Motion sickness Tablets (10.08 for 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com) I still hope to find some hand sanitizer, wet wipes, and kleenex to include, which from reading on here - I'll be checking out the dollar stores for these. I would also really love to get those cheap waterproof rubber digital watches but I'm trying to find them for about $1.00 a piece, and can't seem to find the original place I saw them :( I can't believe I've been at this for over a year, and now there are only 4 months left! So exciting :)
Your bags are really coming along!

Your OOT's sound amazing! Your guests will be very pleased! I almost have everything ordered or purchased for ours now, and can't wait to get everything in the mail so I can assemble them. We also did 20oz Bubbas (Purple for girls, navy for boys) and I'm hoping to be able to fit everything in them as well. If not...I bought 50 of those reusable nylon shopping bags in our colour, so we can put the contents in those. Ideally, I'm hoping to be able to put the bags, and the contents of the kits into the bubbas, but I'm not hopeful it will work at this point. Our contents so far (for 50 ppl! ) are: -Nylon reusable shopping bags (.59c each from efavormart.com) -20 oz Bubba Kegs : I ordered them from shopbubba.com as I had a US friend to ship them to. The Canadian Tire sale worked out better if we ended up having to pay duty and shipping, but   luckily we didn't! -Lanyards/Badge holders for room key/tip money. Got the lanyards/holders from ebay. The inserts with the cute verse on them, we printed using business cards (free promo) from Vistaprint "Oh Sh!t Kits" contents... -Individual packets of Shout stain remover wipes (.43 each from minimus.biz) -Tide Travel Liquid Detergent Sink packets ( 1.06 per 3 pack from minimus.biz) -Franks Red Hot Sauce (.11 each from minimus.biz) -antibiotic ointments (.13 each from minimus.biz) -Antacid Tablets (8.88 for a 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com) -Anti Diarrhea Tablet (18.30 for a 100ct box from www.first-aid-product.com) -Electrolyte Tablets (8.62 for 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com) -Acetamenophin Tabletes (9.51 for 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com) -Ibuprofen Tablets (12.12 for 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com) -Motion sickness Tablets (10.08 for 250ct box from www.first-aid-product.com) I still hope to find some hand sanitizer, wet wipes, and kleenex to include, which from reading on here - I'll be checking out the dollar stores for these. I would also really love to get those cheap waterproof rubber digital watches but I'm trying to find them for about $1.00 a piece, and can't seem to find the original place I saw them :( I can't believe I've been at this for over a year, and now there are only 4 months left! So exciting :)
Lol accidentally hit reply and I wasn't finished! But your bags sound great! Did you have all your minimus.biz and first aid products shipped to Canada or your friend in the states. I get outrageous shipping quotes from minimus anytime I look at ordering from there