CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

Okay, I would like to know about the luggage tags too :)

And secondly, I'm not sure about you guys but the Staples flier in my area is celebrating their 20th anniversary and they are selling 60ml bottles of One Step hand sanitizer for 20 cents. Just thought I'd share :)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!!! Although it was a lot of work doing these....it was SO much fun shopping for everything!!! I hope my guests like them.

The luggage tags were actually really easy and inexpensive. The inserts are business cards that I made on Vistaprint (the free ones with the blank backs). I then printed everyone's information on sticker paper and stuck it on the back of the business card. The sticker paper was the Sandylion warehouse in Markham, but you could probably just use large labels from the dollar store and trim them down once on. Dollarama sells packages of self-laminating cards 8 for $1....I think the make was Studio and they were in the stationary section. These went on pretty nice over the business cards. Just be sure to use a ruler to get out all the air bubbles. I then punched a hole in each and strung some ribbon through them and voila....luggage tags! Cost was probably about 25 cents each!!!

As for the brochures, I made them on Vista so I don't have a template. However, I think I might have a Word doc with all the write-ups that I used. If I have it I will post!

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

Love it, Camy!

Question - how did you make your luggage tags? Did you laminate them yourself? Did you write everyone's info in first?

Also - I'd love to see what info you have on your pre-travel brochure. I'm getting mine together this weekend. Can you post a pic up close? Or, if you get a chance, share the template?

How many are you looking for? I already had someone msg me, but depending on the amount I might have enough for both of you.

I also noticed you are going to Punta Cana. If you are doing travel mugs I also have matching tags that say: To have and to hold and to keep your drinks cold! Welcome to Punta Cana!

Originally Posted by hatfiehm View Post

Hey Camy. I'm interested in your left over bag toppers and bags if you have a bunch left! Nice work on the oot bags! Think I will follow your lead and pre pack things into kits.

Hi Camy,

I would love those extra bags/labels if you don't need them!! I made some stuff on vistaprint the other night but need to do a few more projects.

How did you do your labels? oversized post cards? did you put the labels on both sides of post card then fold or just on one side?

Originally Posted by Camy47 View Post

Thanks!!! And yup....postcards from Vista! :)

If anyone is interested I will be selling a set of all my extra bags/labels in about a week. Just waiting for a few final RSVPs. 

Hello....

I just used the regular postcards that matched the rest of my stuff. I then rotated the text 90 degrees in Vista's advanced editing tool so I could just fold them in half once I got them.

Quick tip: If Vista doesn't have a matching set in whatever pattern you are using just email them and they will create it! I couldn't find any I liked in the business card size so they created one for me....no extra charge!

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

Hi Camy,

I would love those extra bags/labels if you don't need them!! I made some stuff on vistaprint the other night but need to do a few more projects.

How did you do your labels? oversized post cards? did you put the labels on both sides of post card then fold or just on one side? 

I just found the ad in the Staples flyer...thanks for that tip!  I'm going to call today to see if they still have a bunch, or take the flyer to Wal-mart as they'll price match.  The .20 colour copies are also a super good deal.  We're going to try to get the inserts for our little welcome albums done in the next few days and printed there.

Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie View Post

And secondly, I'm not sure about you guys but the Staples flier in my area is celebrating their 20th anniversary and they are selling 60ml bottles of One Step hand sanitizer for 20 cents. Just thought I'd share :)

hey Camy!  20-25 of each label would be enough for me as I have about 40 guests, and whatever bags you can spare!  Or I can get the bags, its the toppers that I would really love.  and YES to the mug tags!

Holly

Originally Posted by Camy47 View Post

How many are you looking for? I already had someone msg me, but depending on the amount I might have enough for both of you.

I also noticed you are going to Punta Cana. If you are doing travel mugs I also have matching tags that say: To have and to hold and to keep your drinks cold! Welcome to Punta Cana! 

yeah!!! Thanks for posting. I just checked mine (Edmonton) and it's true! Well, it says "20 cents after savings" so hopefully it isn't some stupid rebate thing and they actaulyl are just 20 cents at the register.

Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie View Post

It's all good : )

They had a lot here...20 cents each at the register!  BUT...be sure to stand them upright and take a good look before putting them in your basket!  Some had leaked/evaporated and only 3/4 (or less) of the bottle remained.  Also, I heard them say at the till that they had to write off around 75 of them yesterday because the product had turned white and glue-like.  Not sure what that was all about...

Originally Posted by lindsayraz View Post

yeah!!! Thanks for posting. I just checked mine (Edmonton) and it's true! Well, it says "20 cents after savings" so hopefully it isn't some stupid rebate thing and they actaulyl are just 20 cents at the register.