CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

LOVE the mini hot sauces!!!!!!!!!!!  

Originally Posted by Natalie2012 View Post

Hey Ladies...ok so, this oot bag stuff has really taken over my life..I feel like it's all I do...smell...look for....lol...you see, I already bought my bags...BUT then I saw Tori's (love them) and yup what did I do today....I went to dollarama (oh and...not just one but I hit up 4!!!) and bought some!!! Man oh man...budget?...what budget?...haha...Oh well at least I am happy now:):) But on a great note I scored some great freebies today...this weekend where I live we had what is called kempenfest..(a big outdoor art's & craft show) I got some mini bottles of franks hot sauce and quattro shick disposable razors for my bags...My FI and I kept walking by and grabbing more samples until we had enough...lol...here's some pics:):) So if anyone has any af these type of

festivals going on you should definately check them out:):):)

SDC10115.JPGSDC10114.JPG

NICE!!!! I LOVE the little red hot's!!!!  I hear you though where the OOT bags consume you! I have been on a mission for WEEKS to get enough Advil bottles for the OOT bags... and i still need 15 bottles hahah.. every dollarama in calgary seems to be sold out, along with every walmart hahah.. good thing my wedding isn't for another 6 months, so i have lots of time :) 

i ewant to get them done and sealed up as everytime i turn around i am finding more and more things to put IN them .. i need this madness to stop!!! lol

Originally Posted by Natalie2012 View Post

Hey Ladies...ok so, this oot bag stuff has really taken over my life..I feel like it's all I do...smell...look for....lol...you see, I already bought my bags...BUT then I saw Tori's (love them) and yup what did I do today....I went to dollarama (oh and...not just one but I hit up 4!!!) and bought some!!! Man oh man...budget?...what budget?...haha...Oh well at least I am happy now:):) But on a great note I scored some great freebies today...this weekend where I live we had what is called kempenfest..(a big outdoor art's & craft show) I got some mini bottles of franks hot sauce and quattro shick disposable razors for my bags...My FI and I kept walking by and grabbing more samples until we had enough...lol...here's some pics:):) So if anyone has any af these type of

festivals going on you should definately check them out:):):)

SDC10115.JPGSDC10114.JPG

I haven't been able to find any advil here either...my wedding is 245 days away and I too keep finding things...this scares me...lol

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

NICE!!!! I LOVE the little red hot's!!!!  I hear you though where the OOT bags consume you! I have been on a mission for WEEKS to get enough Advil bottles for the OOT bags... and i still need 15 bottles hahah.. every dollarama in calgary seems to be sold out, along with every walmart hahah.. good thing my wedding isn't for another 6 months, so i have lots of time :) 

i ewant to get them done and sealed up as everytime i turn around i am finding more and more things to put IN them .. i need this madness to stop!!! lol

Hi MJKH,

Did some digging for you :)

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/wiki/become-a-best-destination-wedding-supporter

You need to reach Jr. Member status by hitting 150 posts.  Just welcome new guests, give your opinion on dresses, and join threads where you can post a lot like "like or dislike" and such.  You can get to 150 within a week.  It doesn't switch over automatically so sometimes you have to wait a day before you can access "Attachments" and such once you become a Jr. Member.

Hope that helps! Welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

Gee, now that I look at these passport covers, I think how fun they would have been to use as part of a wedding invitation...for a little more than $1 a piece, they would have been great!  Too bad ours is already done and out.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the "rules" of BDW regarding number of posts and what can be accessed when?  I have been looking for it all over!!!!

Even once your bags are sealed and done you STILL find things to add!!!! I am awful about it.  All the survival kits were staples shut and I opened them all!!!!!!!! Oh well, I am so excited to give the OOTs to our guests I can hardly contain myself!!!

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

MJKH - let me know what templates you are looking for.  Nothing drives me more crazy than the "very nice" "cool" "looks good" comments that clog up the other threads!!!! It is a fair suggestion Jackie but can be REALLY annoying!!! The point is to provide useful information to help one another in this process.  Getting updates for threads that are really just "noobs" trying to reach junior status is sooooo frustrating!! 

Don't mean to be mean about it, we've all been there trying to reach our 150 but you are better to follow threads like this one that promote discussion and really be an active member as you have been on here so far!!! I really appreciate everything you have shared and I am sure other brides would appreciate it too!!!!

Originally Posted by jackie_c View Post

Hi MJKH,

Did some digging for you :)

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/wiki/become-a-best-destination-wedding-supporter

You need to reach Jr. Member status by hitting 150 posts.  Just welcome new guests, give your opinion on dresses, and join threads where you can post a lot like "like or dislike" and such.  You can get to 150 within a week.  It doesn't switch over automatically so sometimes you have to wait a day before you can access "Attachments" and such once you become a Jr. Member.

Hope that helps! Welcome to the forum.

Hi MJKH,

I see someone already told you about having to have 150 posts to get access to attachments. The other option that I used was I paid 27$ I think to bypass that and become a supporter that gives  you access to all attachments. I was impatient, and I am still only at 80 posts I think. It really depends how much you are on here but I seem to be on here quite a lot being on holidays.

Access to the attachments quicker definitely helps with planning. Good luck!

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

Gee, now that I look at these passport covers, I think how fun they would have been to use as part of a wedding invitation...for a little more than $1 a piece, they would have been great!  Too bad ours is already done and out.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the "rules" of BDW regarding number of posts and what can be accessed when?  I have been looking for it all over!!!!

Hi Ladies,

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one addicted to doing these OOT bags!!! Every time I got out, I stop by stores to see what kind of deals I can find.

Thanks for the tip on Rexall drugs, I got my tide for the sink packs there, cheaper then Walmart. They had really neat tiny spray sunblock 30spf by the tills, but there was only 1 left.

There aren't many Rexall drugs in Edmonton, so I may check out Rexall drugs in Calgary. Have any of you Calgary brides seen them?

I too can't find Shout wipes, but I came across a great web site Drugstore.com....has some travel stuff but overall great site for vitamins etc...Way cheaper then even Walmart!! And if you spend 25$ or more, shipping to Canada is free.

Nice Oot bags from Dollarama! They are the same ones as mine!

Question- Are any of you brides giving pashminas to your bridesmaids? I am wanting to give each of my three bridesmaids one with their initials embroidered on it. I looked online on ebay last night and there are a few companies that are reasonable 25$ or so for 1 pashmina. Have any of you found any locally? I found some nice silk like ones at Le Chateau Outlet for 25$ but that doesn't include initials embroidered.

If anyone is looking for Aloe Vera Gel, my Walmart carried it for 1.57$ per bottle so I bought lots for my guests and me as I have already burned this week!

I am giving pashminas...and I know a local lady that does embroidery.  I think I looked at every statement made about about pashminas on BDW and there were lots of suggestions.  Last year I bought a bamboo pashmina for myself on vacation and LOVED it...so I have been hunting down a reasonably-priced wholesaler, and this is what I've ordered (it's not the cheapest pashmina out there, but I had my heart set on bamboo!):

http://www.fashionunic.com/pashmina-solid/bamboo-rayon.html

At $7 a piece, I thought they'd be worth a try!  I'll be getting them from my SIL at the end of the month so I can take some pics and give feedback.  Again, they are in the states so I just used a border service and had it sent there for my SIL to pick up.

So I just paid the $30 USD to become a supporter, because for as "active" as I've become, I still have a long way to go before I reach 150!  I so agree about clogging up the threads...I hate having to go thru hundreds of comments to find the one thing that I remember someone talking about a while back...

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Even once your bags are sealed and done you STILL find things to add!!!! I am awful about it.  All the survival kits were staples shut and I opened them all!!!!!!!! Oh well, I am so excited to give the OOTs to our guests I can hardly contain myself!!!

MJKH - let me know what templates you are looking for.  Nothing drives me more crazy than the "very nice" "cool" "looks good" comments that clog up the other threads!!!! It is a fair suggestion Jackie but can be REALLY annoying!!! The point is to provide useful information to help one another in this process.  Getting updates for threads that are really just "noobs" trying to reach junior status is sooooo frustrating!! 

Don't mean to be mean about it, we've all been there trying to reach our 150 but you are better to follow threads like this one that promote discussion and really be an active member as you have been on here so far!!! I really appreciate everything you have shared and I am sure other brides would appreciate it too!!!!