CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

The issue with handing them out at the airport is #1 if you have any tubes of liquid, ie: lotions or aloe gel.. the other thing is, if there are any nail files or scissors or pins or what not, in your first aid kits.. that would be another issue. Because we are going with air canada vacations, and we are flying first class ( free upgrade for bride and groom) we are allowed Three 70 lb bags each... ( i know.. crazy!!) BUT that has allowed us to take one big bag ( or even rubbermaid container i am thinking) full of wedding stuff.. and then whatever doesn't fit in that i can squeeze into my FI and my suitcase.. 

That way i can hand them out to everyone at the welcome drinks thing.. :)

I am not too sure to be honest, however Right in the Air canada Vacations travel book on weddings, it mentioned the bride and groom get a free upgrade.  Once i chose my travel agent ( AMA Travel) For us, we got a free upgrade automatically, and then once 20 people booked we got to upgrade 2 more people to first class for free. She had stated that was through Air Canada Vacations and not AMA Travel.. So this is something you may definately want to look into! The extra luggage is going to be a life saver for us!!! Being that the FI and I have all of that, We gave my parents the free upgrade so they now too have all that luggage allowance, so we can use some of their space too if need be. Takes all the pressure off for sure! :)

Originally Posted by Sheena2011 View Post

Do all bride and grooms that have their group traveling with Air Canada Vacations get an upgrade to first class? We booked through iTravel, but are traveling with ACV, and there was no talk of an upgrade.... I could use that extra baggage allowance!

That travel size soap is a cool idea. :)

For those of you booking with Air Canada Vacations - did you find that their prices were about the same as other airlines or did you shop around at all? My travel agent is going to be trying to get us the cheapest option of course but I have heard about the Air Canada Vacations and how they do the upgrades, we have about 35 people going and would love to be able to upgrade my future mother in law and my father, both of whom are elderly, my mother in law has a thing with cramped spaces and my dad has never flown before.. lol.. I am thinking this will help ease things with the flight. But I heard on another site for every 8 people booked you get an upgrade - now its every 20 people booked??

Good to know. Thanks! We are booked with Air Canada Vacations and I didn't hear about that, or maybe I don't remember since it's been a few months since we booked. I will have to talk to our travel agent!

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

I am not too sure to be honest, however Right in the Air canada Vacations travel book on weddings, it mentioned the bride and groom get a free upgrade.  Once i chose my travel agent ( AMA Travel) For us, we got a free upgrade automatically, and then once 20 people booked we got to upgrade 2 more people to first class for free. She had stated that was through Air Canada Vacations and not AMA Travel.. So this is something you may definately want to look into! The extra luggage is going to be a life saver for us!!! Being that the FI and I have all of that, We gave my parents the free upgrade so they now too have all that luggage allowance, so we can use some of their space too if need be. Takes all the pressure off for sure! :)

Hi DramaticAnnie, 

I did alot of research before booking with Air Canada Vacations.. there were several factors that led us to choose ACV. We loved the fact that we get the free upgrade to first class.. which allows us more leg room, and more luggage allowance. That and the price was decent.. So then we went through the process of comparing it to other companies to see what we would do. 

We went to Westjet Vacations ( was a whopping 300.00 MORE than ACV quoted me, per person. for one week.. and they don't have first class.. AND that was not a direct flight from calgary to montego bay.. it was with a layover in toronto) 

We went to a few other travel agents even, and they quoted me higher prices also.. so i am not too sure if some TA's take a higher commission or what they do. 

We went to 3 different TA's and finally went with AMA Travel ad Air Canada Vacations, as they were alot cheaper.. and i am not even an AMA member... you dont have to be an AMA member to go through them. 

With us, it was every 20 people... but i know other companies and TA's may have different promotions.. i would just ask those questions when you do your research.. and try different TA's also!!!!!

This is of course from Calgary, so it may be different in different places...

Hope this helps!!!!

Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie View Post

That travel size soap is a cool idea. :)

For those of you booking with Air Canada Vacations - did you find that their prices were about the same as other airlines or did you shop around at all? My travel agent is going to be trying to get us the cheapest option of course but I have heard about the Air Canada Vacations and how they do the upgrades, we have about 35 people going and would love to be able to upgrade my future mother in law and my father, both of whom are elderly, my mother in law has a thing with cramped spaces and my dad has never flown before.. lol.. I am thinking this will help ease things with the flight. But I heard on another site for every 8 people booked you get an upgrade - now its every 20 people booked??

Hi Amjohnson, 

Yes! it is definatly worth looking into!! as just the luggage and lack of line up when checking in etc.. is well worth it!! nevermind the extra leg space ;)

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

Good to know. Thanks! We are booked with Air Canada Vacations and I didn't hear about that, or maybe I don't remember since it's been a few months since we booked. I will have to talk to our travel agent!