Carbon Fiber Wedding Rings???

Hi Ladies,

My FI and I are having a MAJOR fight about his choice in wedding bands. He desperately wants a tungsten Carbon Fibre band because he thinks it looks cool. He is absolutely obssesed with cars and has "suped" his car to have pretty much carbon fiber everything! I personally think that he is going through a phase, and 2-3 years down the road he won't like his ring. I also wanted him top have a ring that can be re-sized, and I want his ring to be gold....am I getting mad over nothinghuh.gif I just want this to be an everlasting ring and not one that he won't want to wear 3 years down the road? PLEASE HELPhuh.gif

my FI loved that ring too, he is all into cars and all that too- and I was fine with it, the most expensive carbon fiber ring we found was like $300, so if in a couple years he wanted another one it wasn't a big deal.

After looking in about 8 more stores he found something different that he likes better.

I wouldn't stress over the small things, and don't let it cause strife between you too, it's not worth it. I think he should get what he wants, you want him to wear it, right?

He's got to wear it so he has to like it. It's not the actual ring its what it stands for.

FI wanted one too but ended up getting a gold one and if i'm honest i'd have prefered the carbon fibre one it looked better lol

Let him get what he wants you wouldn't be happy if he said you should have something you didn't want.

I think you're freaking out about nothing. When I first proposed to my man that is the type of ring I bought him. He wears it all the time. He is the one that has to wear it so why not let him get something he is going to wear. If you want a good price on one here is the link where I got my FI.

Another thing to think about is carbon fiber comes in many colors....how would he feel about that....here's a pic of a silver and black one.

Click the image to open in full size.

BOMANI Tungsten Carbide Carbon Fiber Ring

You could also compromise and get him a tungsten ring without CF. If he works on cars and stuff a lot, a gold ring is going to get scratched to hell anyways, so you may as well get him something harder and more durable.

My FI is getting the TrewEdge Trew Tungsten ring for about $800 (they're pretty much the top of the line as far as tungsten goes) and he gets one free size replacement in his lifetime. They're a lot nicer in person, so you may want to check them out.

I don't think you should force your FI to get something that doesn't resonate with him at all. I'm sure you wouldn't want an engagement ring or wedding band that you didn't like! Maybe you guys can go shopping together and find something that works for both of you. My FI loves ridiculous looking watches that I usually think are tacky, but if we look at enough watches we always find something we both agree is nice.

GL! Let us know how it goes :)

That's exactly the type of ring my FI got as well (and he's a car-lover as well ... too funny) ... it's actually a gorgeous ring and I love the look. And I think I love the fact that it's indestructible even more! It means he'll ALWAYS have that same ring and even if he does construction or rough stuff, he won't scratch it or ruin it because it's scratch-resistant and all that.

I think if that's the ring he wants, then that's the ring he should get. Why would you want to force him into wearing a ring he didn't love for the rest of his life? You got what you wanted for your e-ring ... imagine he'd freaked out when you said what type of ring YOU wanted?? :)

This is my FI's actual ring (sorry I JUST took these and this was the best setup I could think of)...

He had it sandblasted so the outside isn't as shiny as the inside. And it's a rounded, comfort-fit model.

Thanks so much ladies for your support! The only thing that I am worried about is that at the Jewelry store they said that they have a lifetime warranty so that if his ring size ever changes they will just order him a new one. I thought that was great at first but then I thought what if they don't make carbon fiber rings down the road and it was just a fad, then we will have to buy him another ring anyways. I guess it all comes down to what he wants....and I guess it doesn't scratch as easily so that's a bonus!

My husband's ring is Tungsten Carbon Fiber. I didn't care what ring he got, since he's the one wearing it. And I think that matching rings to each other stopped happening a long time ago. I think if it's what he likes, then let him get it. He's the one that has to wear it everyday and don't you want him happily wearing it? Plus like someone else said, men's rings are so inexpensive, you can always buy both. Maybe the gold he could wear as a nicer ring when he gets dressed up and the tungsten could be daily wear or something.

I think sometimes, as brides we get so caught up in every detail that we forget that there is also a groom. And he should be able to have some say in the ring that he gets to wear.

This is the one my husband has and he gets compliments like crazy on it.