Photo

Maye's Vendors

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 olisa6

olisa6
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:42 PM

I am looking for a hair/make-up person. Do you have contact info for Suzanne Morel so I can contact her?

#12 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:45 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by olisa6
      I am looking for a hair/make-up person. Do you have contact info for Suzanne Morel so I can contact her?
      weddings@suzannemorel.com

#13 ajncooter

ajncooter
      • 983 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:02 AM

hey guys:

im considering using Maye but if I already have my photo/video company and rental company all set up and all i need help with is flowers is it worth it?
        thanks

#14 -Kate-

-Kate-
        • VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ajncooter
          hey guys:

im considering using Maye but if I already have my photo/video company and rental company all set up and all i need help with is flowers is it worth it?
          thanks
          That was my situation when I hired Maye. I think it was worth it. Since I hired her a lot of unexpected things have come up - like can she get us pies rather than a cake, how much are table runners to rent, etc. I think it's worth it.

#15 fogdog

fogdog
          • 170 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:26 PM

Hi-
            Everyone on the forum seems to like working with Maye, but what about the rest of her team? When I contacted her to see if she was available, she told me Paulina would be my designated coordinator.
            (If Paulina doens't have positive reviews, any other WC suggestions would be great!)
            Also, what is a reasonable price. She quoted 975 plus 10% tax for for planning, coordinating and supervising the wedding. If I'm not having an official ceremony, how much could I ask for a reduction given that I won't require paper work with the judge or minister, translation, or blood tests/certificates?
            Thanks for all your input!
            b
            Bridget and Brian
            Los Cabos 11/17/07

#16 gkashmira

gkashmira
            • 1,962 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:09 PM

I would definitely let her know that you are not planning on having an "official" ceremony and see what she says. We are bringing our own officiant and she is charging me $600 (mind you I hired her about 9 months ago so most likely her rates will have gone up a bit).

I have not worked with any of her other coordinators.

However I can say that I did contact about 4 or 5 coordinators/companies in the beginning and Maye had tyhe best price. It makes sense because if someone's rate is very high then there's no reason to hire them (you can just use the hotel coordinators).
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#17 BRIDEZILLA

BRIDEZILLA
              • 151 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:08 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
                I used Maye for day of coordination and most of the vendors I hired independant of her. The only vendor I booked through her was the trio mariachi, which we were very happy with.

For flowers, we got ours from a florist in San Jose - Floreria Pamela. I used Suzanne Morel's spa for hair/makeup and Ixchel for trasport. I was extremely pleased with all of my vendors.

That said, if you don't want to deal with managing your vendors, then use Maye's so she will handle them, but be prepared to pay a 10% service charge on all of the vendors she books for you.
                Hi Christa,

Do you have a picture of the Trio that Maye booked for you? I'm courious to see what they wore.

Thanks!

Amber
                Amber & Joe
                [sigpic][/sigpic]

http://daisyPath.com.../2/1/ 10/0/.png

#18 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:33 PM

Hi Amber - here's a pic:

Click the image to open in full size.