Photo

I found my Dress"Running Of the Brides NYC09"(pics)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 merocket59

merocket59
  • 937 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

That's soo cool that you did it, I secretly wanted to go but I already have a dress and have decided not to be a multi dress bride... And that is an amazing deal!! Good work to you and your team!!

#12 jennierin

jennierin
    • 847 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:12 AM

OMG! Talk about an experience. I live in Toronto Ontario Canada and they had it on one of the News Channels here. My FI and I were in awe and completely amazed at all the crowd running into the store! We were laughing because one of the news clips showed a bride trying to pull a dress right from another brides arms! LOL.

Good for you for doing that! I'm so happy you found your dress and what an amazing price! Congrats again! It is a beautiful dress! You will look stunning on your wedding day!
      http://i591.photobuc....n/DSC04983.jpg
      First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#13 big3n09

big3n09
      • 616 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:46 AM

Congrats on finding your dress it's very nice and what a good price! It's going to be in my area on 4/3 in Rockville MD and 7/31 at Mazza Gallery in DC, so I want to go but not sure if I can deal with all that craziness. I found 2 dresses that I like but haven't purchased yet. I am going to go to the "Running of the Brides" when it comes I am just trying to get my plan together and I know I can get a crew with no problem but I don't like a lot of drama. So I'm wondering if I go after the rush will I still find something, what do you suggest? I also have a friend that manages at another store that I need to ask if she has ever worked at one of those events to see what she suggest.
        4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#14 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
        • 2,424 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

congrats on finding your dress!!

#15 papolot

papolot
          • 61 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

glad you found one cecile!!! I saw the madness on tv and it looked unreal!!!
            Carmen and Juan
            10-09-09
            Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

www.mywedding.com/csandts10 booked!

#16 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
            • 609 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

Congrats! I got my dress at the ROTB in Cleveland and it wasn't nearly as crazy! You found "the dress" though so it was all worth it. :)

#17 meli122

meli122
              • 269 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

That youtube video is insane!!!! Congrats.

#18 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                • 2,233 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:14 PM

How exciting and fun that must of been.
                  July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#19 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
                  • 5,466 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:07 PM

I thought it was a Reem dress! I CANNOT believe you got it for $499?! OMG I am so jealous!!! My dream dress is a Reem dress but was $6000 and thats just not gonna happen, sigh. So happy for you, its gorgeous!!!

#20 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
                    • 347 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:21 PM

I if you go after the rush you may not get a lot of choices to pick from. The line was crazy, but most people came after 5am. I really thought they would get there earlier but the lines got long at like 5-6am. One lady on tv said she had to wait until people were done to get even 1 dress to try on. I actually bought one for $250 then went back for the $499 one. My team really loved the Reem, even my nephew. The lady even gave me an additional 20% off when I went back to change it to the more expensive one.. There were a lot of nice ones. If you go late go to the little cornors and you will find peoples stach.. I was not taking any chances..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users