Mascara: Waterproof or no? What do you use?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 iwantadreamswedding

• 327 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

i use non-waterproof day-to-day. i like the new chanel mascara.

#12 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

I love waterproof lash blast by maybeline

#13 wayneswifey

• 97 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

#14 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

im with desiree, Loreal Voluminous waterproof! for daily wear, ive used it for at least 15+ years since i was a kid :) i am a HUGE crybaby and its the only thing that doesnt flake off when my tears start jetting!

for the record i use women's Neutrogena<sup>®</sup> Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena and it kicks ass at removing even doubled-up 2 days worth of mascara :)

#15 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:10 PM

Ok... So... On regular headed to the office days... it is non-waterproof... Maybelline in the pink tube. Because I wear contacts this is the best as I buy a new tube monthly and it comes off with ease - using regular face wash.

On the day of my wedding and TTD I wore waterproof Lancome Aquacils - it was a splurge from the regular Maybelline... but it was FANTASTIC! no smudges, even through tears and tissues.

Although this is off topic... for my wedding day I used "model in a bottle" --- as seen on Oprah etc... I ordered it online - and it was FANTASTIC... I highly recommend it!

#16 Jacqueline

• VIP Member
          • 3,160 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

i mostly use regular for every day wear and waterproof more so in the summer time, since im on the beach, vaca a lot.
            i use loreal and love it. i've tried diff brands, even dept store brands but i always go back to loreal.

also on a side note, avon has great makeup remover.. and it's like 3.00. HOLLAAA

#17 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by tylersgirl
              I love Loreal Voluminous...it makes my lashes so long!
              I am a die hard Voluminous girl.

I've tried others, but keep going back. Gotta be black with the curved brush. Anything else just wont do. Plus I hate waterproof, but I suppose I should buy some for Jamaica!

#18 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:39 PM

I use waterproof.. MAC all the way baby. They also have a really good oil/water based makeup remover that gets rid of EVERYTHING. Love it.

#19 cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,151 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:04 PM

i have no choice but to use waterproof everyday, as i'm a huge crybaby over everything both happy and sad, lol. my eyes tear when i'm laughing, when i'm coughing/sneezing ... just about anything ... i think i have overactive tear ducts!

someone recommended blinc kiss me mascara which makes these little tubes around your lashes and requires soap, water, and light pressure to come off. i think one of the regular brands like revlon or loreal just made a version of this too.

#20 jmb0902

• 496 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:29 PM

Dior "Diorshow" in waterproof... it's amazing :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users