Mascara: Waterproof or no? What do you use?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Debs

• VIP Member
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:15 PM

I've always worn non-waterproof mascara, but was chatting with a girlfriend who swears by it.

So, just for everyday use, do you use waterproof mascara? And what kind do you use?

#2 Debs

• VIP Member
    • 7,104 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:19 PM

BTW, I've always used Mabelline Great Lash. Pink tube, green top. I have for years!

#3 ddiinnyyeell

• 226 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:36 PM

Oh! This is good. I would also like to know what others use, especially for their TTD! I don't want my mascara running all over when I'm in the water.
        Danielle & John
        Aventura Spa Palace
        October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#4 kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

I was at Sephora and asked what the best waterproof mascera was in their opinion and they said Dior.
          I bought it, used it for my wedding and I love it! It stays on like waterproof but feels more like non if that makes sense. It seperates, curls and lengthens like my Bad Gal Lash.

#5 binzer

• 230 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:01 PM

I never wear waterproof day-to-day b/c I find that I gradually get build-up since it's harder to completely remove. For my wedding I'm going to use that same pink maybelline stuff, but the waterproof version. I've tried a lot of different mascaras, and I feel that it's the best value for the money (you even see makeup artists using it). The best part is that they keep the wand simple and small, which is waaaaaay more accurate and less clumpy. I absolutely hate those "volume" brushes!

I'm sure there are pricey mascaras that are better, but I like to get a fresh one every couple months so I'm happy with cheap! I'm also going to get my eyelashes dyed before the wedding so that I can go body surfing or swimming with no makeup on but still look good in photos (even though I'm a brunette my eyelashes are blonde and it's not a fantastic look).

The only problem I've had with waterproof mascara is that if you do any major swimming (like if you go surfing or something for half the day) it will smudge around your eyes, and it doesn't rub away!

I would say that using WP mascara on your wedding day is a good idea, but use a fresh bottle (I find that it starts to clump and get dry a lot sooner than regular mascara). Another essential item is going to be blotting paper!

#6 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:52 PM

I love Loreal Voluminous...it makes my lashes so long!

#7 Banana11

• VIP Member
              • 8,841 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:45 AM

I always use waterproof. It stays on way longer and doesn't leave any smudges throughout the day. I prefer MAC.

#8 Jamaica0619

• 475 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:29 AM

I use Smashbox Bionic mascara - not waterproof day-to-day. It just enhances my lashes, which is perfect for me. I plan to get a waterproof mascara for the wedding but will buy it just a couple weeks before hand.
                  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#9 bumbles

• 574 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

Dior Iconic is the best mascara ever! I absolutely love it. I tried Dior Blackout in the waterproof but it was clumpy.

#10 bumbles

• 574 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

double post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users