I made my own mantilla veil, wanna know how? (w/pics)
Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:46 PM
I looked at manitilla veils in store, I looked at them on-line and I just couldn't imagine spending the cash and/or not seeing it in person before deciding it was for me....which brings me to deciding to make it for myself.
Step by step guide:
1) Find a fabric store that offers a variety of lace
2) Purchase tulle in the length of your choice and buy enough lace to surround the paremeter. For me the tulle = $4 (for waist-length) and the lace had beading and cost $50 for 2 meters.
3) Cut the tulle into an oval
4) Hand sew the lace around the edge of the tulle - if you don't know how to sew, ask your mom or your aunt...
5) Sew a comb (purchased at Micheals) at one end of the oval, or use bobby pins to affix it to your hair the day off
Here are some pics of mine:
Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:49 PM
Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:14 PM
Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:42 PM
Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:37 PM
Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:19 PM
Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:57 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users