MUST READ-- Mexico DW worried about travel

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#11 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for the post. I have not heard anything like this, but it's good to know what's circling around out there and to have the info you gave us on hand in case our guests have concerns.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#12 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
    • 391 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

I have been to Mexico twice this year!! It is very safe!! Do not worry!!

#13 hsims1

hsims1
      • 356 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

I agree completely. It's about using common sense when you travel with regards to safety. Thanks for posting this info.

#14 Dayla911

Dayla911
        • 133 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:41 PM

Yeah but what happens if the drug lords take over? What happens if the US stops flying into Mexico? I mean I am worried. Real worried. I just put down my down payment for the photographer and have the hotel booked. I am thinking that maybe we should move everything all together. I REALLY don't want to do that.......

#15 Mel&B

Mel&B
          • 613 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for this post!

#16 Dayla911

Dayla911
            • 133 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

Yeah but what happens if the drug lords take over? What happens if the US stops flying into Mexico? I mean I am worried. Real worried. I just put down my down payment for the photographer and have the hotel booked. I am thinking that maybe we should move everything all together. I REALLY don't want to do that.......

#17 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:54 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Dayla911
                Ok seriously, you need to use common sense. The US is not halting flights to Mexico.

My father just got back from Cabo yesterday and things were just fine. Americans are heading to Mexico by the thousands daily. The alert is more for the border towns. If you are heading to a major tourist area all is well.

#18 Dayla911

Dayla911
                • 133 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:58 PM

I am NOT talking about now but the future. You have to actually think that it could be a possibility....I am just worried. Which is natural if you are a DW bride and something like this comes up, I would think.

#19 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:03 PM

No I don't think it would become a possibility. The only country we can't fly into is Cuba and that has nothing to do with "drug lords".

I was a DW bride and got married in Mexico just a few months ago. I was not worried. My wedding wasn't in TJ.

You are getting married in Cancun, one of the most touristy areas in Mexico. You will not be in any danger unless you act like a dumb American. Which, I am sure you won't.

Honesty, if you are so worried about Mexico being safe, then a DW is not for you. There are so many elements out of your control besides safety in DW's.

#20 Dayla911

Dayla911
                    • 133 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

Yes, Cancun is one of the most touristy spots. What I heard in the news is that they killed the police chief of Cancun. Of course, the media is going to make it sound as all hell is breaking loose. They also said it is supposed to get worse.

Me being a future DW bride is a little concerned. Most anyone would be. My wedding isn't until September. I guess all I can do is cross my figers and hope everything turns out for the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users