KathleenandDan
    • 245 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
      congratulations. btw i live like 10 minutes from you. I'm in Bellmawr
      You sure are. lol how funny.
      http://tickers.Ticke....da94/event.png

http://www.tickerclu.../808245ee9d.png 18 booked and us makes 20!!!! JULY 17, 2009 Kathleen and Dan

#13 KarenM

KarenM
      • 1,920 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

Congratulations Kathleen!! What a great feeling that must be!
        I'm getting towards the end of my program now (in the last rotation - peds), do a 2 mo integration & graduate in May. Then comes the dreaded nclex. What a relief to be through it already!! Can't wait for that!

#14 lscilley

lscilley
        • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

Congrats good job now its time to celebrate and enjoy planning your wedding!

#15 MarieSam

MarieSam
          • VIP Member
          • 2,336 posts
            • LocationSouthern California

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

Many Congrats!!! My best friend is currently in nursing school and I see how hard she studies and stresses ~ that is a great accomplishment, you should be very proud.

Healthcare is also one of the few industries that stays strong even when the economy is in the tank because there are always sick people no matter what, so you are in a great field!!!

#16 KathleenandDan

KathleenandDan
            • 245 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:52 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by KarenM
              Congratulations Kathleen!! What a great feeling that must be!
              I'm getting towards the end of my program now (in the last rotation - peds), do a 2 mo integration & graduate in May. Then comes the dreaded nclex. What a relief to be through it already!! Can't wait for that!

Kaplan has an owesome online q-bank of questions. I felt like I was taking another Kaplan quiz when I was taking my NCLEX. Can't say enough about Kaplan. I could not have done it without them. Best of luck. Sucks going to school and planning a wedding. I would be studying and be on this dam forum cause it is so addicting.

http://www.tickerclu.../808245ee9d.png 18 booked and us makes 20!!!! JULY 17, 2009 Kathleen and Dan

#17 yamille

yamille
              • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

Congratulations on passing the boards!

#18 KarenM

KarenM
                • 1,920 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KathleenandDan
                  Kaplan has an owesome online q-bank of questions. I felt like I was taking another Kaplan quiz when I was taking my NCLEX. Can't say enough about Kaplan. I could not have done it without them. Best of luck. Sucks going to school and planning a wedding. I would be studying and be on this dam forum cause it is so addicting.

Thanks for the advice about Kaplan - I'll definitely look into that. Did you take their class? I bought the Saunders book, but the more practice questions the better!

I know, this forum is addicting! And it doesn't take much to distract me from studying - pediatric congenital heart defects vs playing around online? no contest there. :)

#19 KathleenandDan

KathleenandDan
                  • 245 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KarenM
                    Thanks for the advice about Kaplan - I'll definitely look into that. Did you take their class? I bought the Saunders book, but the more practice questions the better!

I know, this forum is addicting! And it doesn't take much to distract me from studying - pediatric congenital heart defects vs playing around online? no contest there. :)
                    I did take their course, but the classes I felt are a waste of time. I think they have eight scheduled classes. First and last classes are predictor tests. All the other classes are going over NCLEX questions for the reading that you were scheduled to read and on-line tests. That got old after the first day, but you have to attend for the money back guarentee if you fail. The qestions and review are also on-line.

I was an average student and could not have passed without their resources. They have on-line someone lecturing from the book. So if your really weak in an area you listen to the lecture. I was better at that than reading. LAZY !!! Ask around and see what other people say. Kaplan tells you what to know so your not so overwhelmed. The drugs were the hardest for me. Just to many. Need anything let me know.

#20 KarenM

KarenM
                    • 1,920 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:24 AM

Thanks so much! You've been really helpful! I'll let you know if I have more questions (probably just a matter of time).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users