Photo

Rant thread: Why is it that?...

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 hat0112

hat0112
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

Ha, when people ask me that I always say exactly how I feel. Happy, sad, mad, upset, whatever. I do that BECAUSE people expect that you to say Great or Wonderful or something upbeat.

Why is it that I am either super busy or super bored at work? Why can’t my work just be at a nice steady pace.

Why is it that I work my butt off with exercising and dieting and I only lose 1 pound every 3 weeks or so (need to lose 20), but my FI does nothing and eats everything and somehow he lost 20lbs????

Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#62 jenngene2011

jenngene2011
    • 128 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:17 PM

LOL these are so Funny!!

Why is it that people leave there dogs inside there cars while they go shopping.  Hello you knew you were going to the store or the mall.  Leave your pet at home they don't need to be in the car getting heat stroke idiot!

Why is every time I go to the movies there are massive lines with only half the registers open and half the teenaged staff just talking and BSing.  Hello my movie is starting in five minutes and I want to get seats and pay for overprices popcorn and soda.

Why is it everytime I go to the mall people don't know how to drive in the parking lot.  Hello idiot I know you need to race to get to the spot but I mean come on you don't need to run everyone over. 

Why is it when I'm driving on the highway at night there seems to be that idiot teenager who doesn't realize he is driving with his highbeams thankyou I really didn't want to see the road but your lights in my eyes. 

Why is it guys seem to think that "yo ma can i get your number" really works. 

Jennifer & Eugene - May 7,2011 Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic

#63 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
      • 169 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Princess402 
        Why is it that when people ask you "how are you today" they always expect you to say "great" or "fine", or something. If you say you are tired or stressed or sick, or just not that great, they are totally taken aback. You did ask how I was today, right?

This is TOTALLY one of my biggest pet peeves. I was going to post this as my why is it. I have started answering, "Do you want the long answer or the short answer?" (The short being "fine" and the long being the real answer whatever that might be.

Why is it that when you're pregnant, EVERYBODY feels the need to ask "How are you feeling?" or more recently, "This heat must be getting to you." Really? Don't you have anything else to talk to me about?

Iberostar Varadero
        25 March 2011
        Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#64 snow88

snow88
        • 181 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:10 PM

Don't know if anyone posted this yet but why is it that Monday through Friday between 8:00am and 8:30am every old person is on the road driving 10 miles per hour? This happens to me constantly.  You're retired where the heck are you going that time of morning?  I would be sleeping if I was retired not holding up traffic.

#65 orionandmari072510

orionandmari072510
          • 225 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:53 AM

Why is it... that the women of my wedding all hate on eachother's weddings, including mine! They say to eachother's face how wonderful everyone's wedding is and behind the back they talk MAJOR TRASH!

#66 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
            • 218 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kateandbri 

Why is it that Ontario is putting in roundabouts? No one knows how to use the second lane, and they probably cause more accidents then they prevent! ERGHGGHHG.

(P.s. the second lane is for next exit transfers only! Not a passing lane. GRrrr.)

Lol!  No kidding, they're everywhere I go now!  And I'll admit every time I get to one I panic that I'm doing it wrong...

Why is it that every time I go to get gas the station is completely full and I have to wait, then when I'm leaving it's totally empty??  How can I be off by 10 minutes every time...

#67 Princess402

Princess402
              • 737 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by lyndsay_h 

Quote:

Why is it that every time I go to get gas the station is completely full and I have to wait, then when I'm leaving it's totally empty??  How can I be off by 10 minutes every time...

FI and I call this "end of the line syndrome": huge line in front of you and no one behind you...

I hate that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users