Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#61 susan1672

susan1672
  • Vendor
  • 231 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:29 AM

mizzrojo - so exciting! Congrats! I don't have any answers about the dining options but I was curious - did you book through a travel agent? If so, did they give you pretty good rates for June? We are getting married there next year in June and I tried to go through AAA and they just gave me the preliminary hotel rates and they are sooo high! She also told me June was their peak season but I've never heard that because I thought it was the rainy season? She also said the hotel couldn't block more than 10 rooms off for me until I had more info for them on my guests?? Anyway, I'd appreciate any info you have on how you booked rooms for everyone : )

Thanks!

#62 Toiinlove

Toiinlove
    • 87 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

Hey ladies, this was an email response I received from the wedding coordinator a while ago. It might answer a few of your questions.

Hope it helps!

Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 15:52
      To: H3 Weddings
      Subject: Re: Confirmation

Dear Mrs.Pringle,

I hope you are having a wonderful day. I have a lot of questions for you.

1. I was hoping the day before the wedding I could schedule all of my guest to have dinner at the Japanese Restaurant. Right now I believe there will be about 20 people total (including me and groom) This will not be a problem, however I won’t be able to confirm this with you until at least a month in advance

2. One of my guest birthday is on September 10th so I was hoping we could order a cake?  Most definitely What are the choices?  Chocolate, Vanilla & Strawberry Cheese cake Any ideas of something else we could do would be great! Well if you don’t mind sharing your special day with her you can dedicate a toast to her during your reception, or you can arrange for both of you to get massages together. (P.s  if it’s a male then  the toast would work or an in room courtesy (for both male or female))

3. I wanted to have the reception at the gourmet restaurant. Is it possible to have that area private while we eat. I saw one bride who had the Gourmet restaurant private until 8pm and she only had 20 guest. Of course you can but it will only be for 1 and ½ hrs, starting at 6:30pm or 9:00pm.

4. I also wanted chiavari chairs. Is it $15 per chair? Please note that for all floral arrangement and d©cor  (including chivari chairs) We work with an external company called Tai Flora, below you will find the web page:. Jodi from Tai Flora will best able to qoute you a price.

www.taiflora.com

5. I wanted to play certain songs during the ceremony. Do I need to put it on Cds or an Ipod?  Whichever is more convenient to you. Well there be somebody to change the songs we need be yes there will be?

Thanks for all you do, Most welcomed

LaToya Riggs

#63 Toiinlove

Toiinlove
      • 87 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

Also ladies, I am having a hard time deciding whether or not to hire Rashel as my make-up artist. In our package it includes make up at the salon. I would hate to pay for make-up twice. What do you ladies think?

#64 April Blossom

April Blossom
        • 20 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

My Fiance and myself are getting Married at the Grand Feb 2012! Haven't really planned to much, but noticed that everything seems to be an extra cost... Does anyone know if you have to pay extra $$ for more than 20 people at the ceremony? I was told that if we had over 20 people at the ceremony it will cost me $20.00 pp over and beyond....thinking this is ridiculous!!!

#65 mizzrojo

mizzrojo
          • 27 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

Thanks for the info Toni!  You know it seems to take them forever to respond to e-mail.  It seems like we will have the place blocked off somewhat for the reception, so good to know.  Also, I didn't know about the times!  We were hoping to have our wedding at 5:30pm, so we might need to push it up to 5:00pm. I was planning on doing the first dance right afterwards and then do a soul train line on the beach since there will already be a sound system hooked up. From there we would go take photos with the photographer.  Hope that is a enough time.  Soooo much to do!

Has anyone begun their OOT bags?  Anyone getting them custom made?  What are you putting in them?

June 2011

Iberostar Grand

#66 mizzrojo

mizzrojo
            • 27 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

Rashel just emailed me back and wanted $300 for 4 people....Hmmm might be a little steep for me, especially since I would have to pay for her to obtain a pass to come onto the property and then once you figure out the conversion to JA $$, she is making a lot!

#67 susan1672

susan1672
              • Vendor
              • 231 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:11 PM

Toni - I agree! Thanks so much for the info! I think we should all try to post any info we receive from the hotel.

mizzrojo - I think $300 is little high especially with the add'l cost of coming on to the property. I think I am just going to use someone at the hotel spa to do my make-up. I am definitely going to have a back-up plan though in case I don't like it.

#68 susan1672

susan1672
                • Vendor
                • 231 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

April - I believe the hotel charges $20 per person for any person over the 10 persons already included in the package.

#69 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
                  • 349 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Hi! I booked Rashel and spoke to the new WC at the Grand and she advised me that I will not have to pay a vendor fee for the make up/hair people since they will just be coming for a few hours and leaving the resort after they are done doing the entire bridal parties hair and make up.

Hope that helps you with your decision.

Originally Posted by mizzrojo 

Rashel just emailed me back and wanted $300 for 4 people....Hmmm might be a little steep for me, especially since I would have to pay for her to obtain a pass to come onto the property and then once you figure out the conversion to JA $$, she is making a lot!

#70 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
                    • 349 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

Hi I'm doing OOT bags. See below bag and let me know if you will be interested in ordering with me. I work for a clothing manufacture so I'm hoping that these will cost me less than $5 to produce if I can get a couple of brides in on my order.

A few changes are going to be made 1) colors: Purple & Lime Green 2) removing date and only having Montego Bay, Jamaica in a larger font. The size of the bag is XL made out of canvas. Open for seggestions on the graphics

Thanks for the info Toni!  You know it seems to take them forever to respond to e-mail.  It seems like we will have the place blocked off somewhat for the reception, so good to know.  Also, I didn't know about the times!  We were hoping to have our wedding at 5:30pm, so we might need to push it up to 5:00pm. I was planning on doing the first dance right afterwards and then do a soul train line on the beach since there will already be a sound system hooked up. From there we would go take photos with the photographer.  Hope that is a enough time.  Soooo much to do!

Has anyone begun their OOT bags?  Anyone getting them custom made?  What are you putting in them?

June 2011

Iberostar Grand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users