Photo

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#481 caleytodd

caleytodd
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hi Everyone...wondering how you dealt with blocking or enabling your guests reservations?

I've been to IGRH before and really liked it so we will be going for our wedding in Dec. 2013.  Lots of time to book as I don't think prices are out or bookings are accepted that far in advance.  However, I want to book in a manner that doesn't put pressure on my ~70 guests to pay more than the market rates.   I also want to ensure I get a block of rooms or at least provide a decent window for people to book.  Most aren't broke so a hundred or so premium won't hurt guests, but don't want to be the facilitator of them paying too much. 

travel agent? direct with resort?  tour company?  

#482 Connolly

Connolly
    • 19 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

I heard back from Tai Flora on the cost of setting up a dance floor, bamboo stalks and lights. The cost is $2,000. Let me know if you have any questions!

#483 daniellecooper

daniellecooper
      • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hi ladies!  I am very frustrated with the "Gala" menus at the Grand.  I have certain people in my wedding who are vegetarians and picky eaters.  It seems like we may have guests go hungry and that should not be the case when you are spending 70 per person!  Have they ever allowed you to customize a gala meal that is supposed to be a set menu?

#484 kendra6303

kendra6303
        • 41 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

I had the same concern about the cocktail hour menu. They are not very flexible. For dinner, I had a few picky eaters and asked that they made a nice dinner salad with steak- that was do-able for them, but that's all!

#485 Connolly

Connolly
          • 19 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

I'm frustrated with it too. I asked if we could mix and match the salad, entree and dessert from the different gala menus and they no. It's ridiculous considering we pay $70 pp

#486 kfarkas26

kfarkas26
            • Site Supporter
            • 209 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Hi Ladies,

I read on a previous thread (Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Brides 2012) that the Grand is limiting photographers to a certain few. Is this true?! I booked Misha Earle and now I'm scared!!! HELP!

#487 kaycag

kaycag
              • 74 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Someone on a different thread said the same thing.

#488 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
                • Site Supporter
                • 340 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by kfarkas26 

Hi Ladies,

I read on a previous thread (Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Brides 2012) that the Grand is limiting photographers to a certain few. Is this true?! I booked Misha Earle and now I'm scared!!! HELP!

We used Misha in our June 2012 wedding... she was fabulous!! Hopefully this is not true!

#489 lala7513

lala7513
                  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

hi everyone! new to the site, officially booked for july 2013!! can't wait!  love reading over everything you have been discussing. thinking of doing ceremony on the beach and private reception in the port maria around 60 people. have you found it's better to use a travel agent, or just have everyone book on their own. ALSO any pics of the port maria all done up? can't really find any.  thanks so much!!!

#490 kfarkas26

kfarkas26
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 209 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

does anyone know what is provided on the tables at porta maria (if I didnt purchase centerpeices what would be on the table)? Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users