Here are some responses I received back from Janielle. I'm still waiting for the 2012 Price List.
1. In your last e-mail, you said the agreement and fees for the free wedding package would be available a few weeks ago. Could you please send this to me? The agreement was ready but we added the 2012 prices, I will send these to you by tomorrow
2. Also, I've been hearing from previous brides that the DJ used by the resort isn't that great. I want to hire an outside DJ named Kevan DJ-Vaun Stewart but I don't think I should be charged a vvendor fee, given that the resort DJ hasn't received great reviews. Please let me know if it would be possible to waive the vendor fee. On that same note, I also don't understand how one resort charges a vendor fee for booking Rashelle Edwards and outside photographers, but the other doesn't. I know there are 3 separate resorts but they are all Iberostar so there shouldn't be a difference. It should be consistent. If I am charged vendor fees during the week of my wedding and then find that a bride at the Suites is not charged, I will want to speak to someone about this. As said before we have different standards at the Grand. And the fee for Rashelle is a day pass fee of US$ 100 which is mandatory. If needs be let me know if you need to speak to a manager. Please note we no longer permit outside entertainment vendors, hence you will have to use the DJ provided by the resort. Also I can assure you that the reviews on the blog are not about DJâ€™s at the Grand as we just started using our DJâ€™s at the Grand, as in the past brides have taken their own. The DJâ€™s at the Grand differ in quality they are the best of all three resort.
3. What night is the beach party held at the Grand and what time does it begin and end? We do not normally have it on a particular day, and I wonâ€™t be able to confirm with you until a week in advance for both the Suites and the Grand. What night are the beach parties at the Suites and Beach in June?
4. Does the Grand offer a trip to duty-free shopping in Montego Bay? Yes we have a complimentary shuttle to the Shoppes at Rose Hall which goes from Monday â€“ Friday from 10:00am -5:00pm. I want to go a few days before the wedding to purchase small bottles of Appleton Rum.
5. I want to book a steel drum band for the ceremony. Who are the available bands to choose from and what are the prices? Do I have to wait until we arrive to book this? I will book the Steel Band for you they cost US$ 450 p/h
6. Another bride received incentives such as a free welcome party and free cocktail hour for booking 25 rooms. I already have 16 rooms booked. Would I be eligible for any of these incentives once I reach 25 rooms? The only thing I did was organize the welcome party it was an incentive provided by her Travel Agency. Also, how many rooms do you need to book in order to stay in the presidential suite? Would we be able to get it for our wedding night? You will first have to book a regular room for your entire stay and then pay for an upgrade at US$1000 p/n The sales department wasn't able to help me with this question so if you could answer, I would really appreciate it.